The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember in the days following that game, during the uncertainty about whether Roberts contract would be renewed or not, there was some crazy rumour that George Burley was coming back. 😂

Mark Roberts' time was up when we got pumped 4-0 off Stranraer 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I heard that he was offered a new deal at the end of that season but turned it down.

What followed was a dire three seasons. Roberts was given way too much time.

If he was then maybe the board expected he'd turn it down based on the time between him leaving and Roberts appointment.

As for Roberts he should have left after his first game against Motherwell because it was all downhill after that. 

Scott Fox left Partick Thistle. 

That'll be McCall after Doohan, can't see it happening with him dropping down to League 1 unless Celtic release him. 

Still think Celtic might be regretting giving him a 4 year contract last summer cause for parts this season he was pretty average and shaky at corners and crosses..

That being said if Celtic released him i'd definitely want us to try and sign him up if we could, also they're releasing Gordon  by the looks of things so don't know if Doohan or Hazard will be required to stay at Celtic next season. 

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Scott Fox left Partick Thistle. 

That'll be McCall after Doohan, can't see it happening with him dropping down to League 1 unless Celtic release him. 

Still think Celtic might be regretting giving him a 4 year contract last summer cause for parts this season he was pretty average and shaky at corners and crosses..

That being said if Celtic released him i'd definitely want us to try and sign him up if we could, also they're releasing Gordon  by the looks of things so don't know if Doohan or Hazard will be required to stay at Celtic next season. 

So your slating him but want him. We didn’t have dominant centre half to help him at corners where he was expected to come for everything in 6 yds box. Conceded a couple of howlers against Morton 

So your slating him but want him. We didn’t have dominant centre half to help him at corners where he was expected to come for everything in 6 yds box. Conceded a couple of howlers against Morton 
I'm not slating him, all I'm saying is that I didn't think he was any better this season to last season. You would have expected him to improve like Harvie has improved in his second season.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The st mirren mauling was horrific .I never really leave games early but was back in the house(ayr) with a cup of tea before the game finished.

I think I've left two games early. The deadrubber 3-0 defeat against Airdrie towards the end of 15/16, and the 6-1 defeat against Rangers (I left at 4-1 because I knew what was coming, and the weather was horrific!).

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just noticed the rarith thread is on the championship forum now! I forgot to wave goodbye to Partick before they left for the seaside!

I'm sure if you pop down to the League 1 Forum to wave them goodbye it'll be much appreciated, trying not to burst out laughing as you do so. 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He didn’t exactly set the Heather alight last season but I’d be pretty happy if we picked up Dario Zanatta from Partick Thistle.

As would I. Pretty sure McCall tried to sign him a couple of weeks before he left for Thistle. 

He didn’t exactly set the Heather alight last season but I’d be pretty happy if we picked up Dario Zanatta from Partick Thistle.

I wouldn’t pay a fee for him though as he was on a 2 year deal don’t know if they will let him go for nothing or on loan unless they need him off the wage budget

I wouldn’t pay a fee for him though as he was on a 2 year deal don’t know if they will let him go for nothing or on loan unless they need him off the wage budget

He’s just invoked the relegation clause in his contract and left Partick.

Free agent now.

As would I. Pretty sure McCall tried to sign him a couple of weeks before he left for Thistle. 

Aye

I’m not sure whether he knocked us back or we couldn’t sign him due to getting knocked out the league cup. Either way I’m not sure he would’ve got into last seasons team but now that Forrest is away he could occupy the left wing position in the 4-3-3.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Free agent now.

Following on from Scott Fox it's beginning to sound like Thistle had some pretty swingeing cuts in wages for relegation if at this uncertain time without any immediate likelihood of finding a new club, that's two players who have chosen to leave rather than take the cut.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Free agent now.

It’s a bold move if he doesn’t already have something lined up, as he might be effectively giving up 6 months of wages if nobody takes him on.