The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I wouldn't be upset if we kept everyone, The only ones I'd be upset at losing are Harvey, Murdoch and Moffat. 

Gillespie didn't look up to it in the few times I saw him, Geggan was brilliant/shite all season and Kerr will be retired now I'd expect so a major overhaul in midfield will be needed. 

The only ones that I would be devastated to lose would be Harvie and Murdoch. Would be pretty sad to see Moffat and Geggan go but I think that’s more about them being club legends that what they actually contributed on the pitch this season. The rest I’m meh about. 

Out of the loanees I’d like to see Doohan, Kelly and Drinan return. 

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ian Murray is a bam.

In another article he likened Hearts and Thistle's relegation to the disputed presidential election between Al Gore and Gerorge Bush. I'm sure he also reckoned Thistle were a point behind QoS when its 2 points so he can't even grasp basic facts.

The fact he is one of the better ones in Scottish Labour speaks volumes.

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

You look at that list and you try to square it with some of the dunderhead comments about Docherty being no great loss. Going to take a long while to rebuild, but the only comfort is that pretty much everyone else is in the same boat.  

We should be used to the rebuild phase by now. It shouldn't take any longer than it normally does. 

There's potentially more possible options to come in. If the recruitment model is above average, we should be fine. 

22 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I see that Tom Walsh has left Inverness yesterday, could be a good replacement for Forrest.

He turned down a two year deal at ICT so imagine he probably has a premiership gig lined up. I could be wrong I think he may be from Ayrshire. 

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Murray is a complete tosser of the highest order as he confirmed time and time again when attempting to destroy his own party and betray his own voters from the inside.

A horrible, horrible excuse for a human being, so rather pleasing that Lachlan has obviously pissed him right off.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not so much SPFL more like Budge and Hearts.

Last BBC report said the SPFL are asking teams what it would take to get them to approve 14.

43 minutes ago, Iain said:

Last BBC report said the SPFL are asking teams what it would take to get them to approve 14.

It doesn't matter what the SPFL try to push through. They just don't have the numbers to get it through. It'll certainly take more than a bribe of £50k per club to get anywhere close.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

What it sounds like is that this large "no strings attached" donation from James Anderson has some strings attached. Hopefully that's not the case.

I really don’t think £50,000 is going to make enough teams change their vote.

As mentioned on another thread that figure is only enough for the testing machine and around a months worth of testing.

It really feels like it’s Ann Budges last roll of the dice.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t think £50,000 is going to make enough teams change their vote.

As mentioned on another thread that figure is only enough for the testing machine and around a months worth of testing.

It really feels like it’s Ann Budges last roll of the dice.

I doubt many clubs will buy their own testing machine. That only makes economic sense if you plan on doing a lot more than the minimum amount of testing I think. I guess premier sides might do.

It may not necessarily be the case that constant testing twice a week remains a requirement for a whole season.

If the SPFL had maybe three testing labs, Glasgow (Hampden), Edinburgh(Livingston) and Aberdeen and players turned up, by appointment for testing, surely that would save money rather than clubs doing it individually. The players are probably 70% central belt anyway. 

Once the Championship starts, maybe double the number. Have one for Ayr, QOTS, Morton, St Mirren and Kilmarnock. 

I have a lot of sympathy for Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer, If Inverness were to go up in second, Ayr had a reasonable chance of catching them (as did Dundee) and I would feel slightly aggrieved, so to be relegated in the same circumstance is a shocking way to end the season. 

That said, Anne Budge's performance in trying to lead reconstruction makes me hope it will fail.