The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, eez-eh said:

Diet Rangers right enough.

Came on to post the same thing. The absolute state they've got themselves into over big Lachlan. Full blown Sevco circa 2014.

Fwiw, nobody gives a f**k if a bunch of tramps from Gorgie want a day out at Somerset.

14 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Came on to post the same thing. The absolute state they've got themselves into over big Lachlan. Full blown Sevco circa 2014.

Fwiw, nobody gives a f**k if a bunch of tramps from Gorgie want a day out at Somerset.

They don't realise they need to buy a ticket up front, hopefully Robbo reads their own forum and the club attaches clauses that stop them trying to f**k us over. 

Edited by ayrmad

Gorgie is a bloody hole anyway. I lived there for 3 years, dump of a place.

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

Can nobody at the club even put out a message on social media confirming the likes of Forrest and Doc leaving. It's pretty poor from us IMO, wouldn't take much for someone at the club from home to put a tweet out.

Same with no interview with Kerr, would be nice to get an update. In normal years McCall would be giving fans weekly updates at this time of year.

Wonder if it's down to nobody from the club being able to do anything work related because of the furlough.

Both Docherty and Forrest leaving the club has been reported by the club on more than one occasion, it was announced in local press and  on local radio that they had signed pre contracts and would be leaving when the season ends  , now the season has ended they have left as previously reported by the club , that’s on top of putting it on Twitter today !!!

Edited by Robbo63

5 hours ago, super_carson said:

I think that is probably why - I'd expect there is maybe 1 or 2 people not on furlough, but there time would be for business purposes rather than social media, shop etc. 

Only 1 person not on furlough and I feel they are exceptionally busy 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hearts fans getting themselves into an awful mess on that Kickback page and on Twitter over Lachlans comments. Threats of boycotting games at Somerset and hoping we go bust.

You love to see it.

Just had a read through. Deary me. We seem to be getting it in the neck a bit too and we havent said anything at all. Basically if you arent ICT then you sit with the Devil!

The irony of Hearts fans now white knighting Scot Gardiner and Rangers FC is quite amusing though.

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just had a read through. Deary me. We seem to be getting it in the neck a bit too and we havent said anything at all. Basically if you arent ICT then you sit with the Devil!

The irony of Hearts fans now white knighting Scot Gardiner and Rangers FC is quite amusing though.

I especially liked the bit where someone was bemoaning the fact that Somerset isn't fancy enough to justify travelling down just to smash the place up a bit.  

I'm maybe biased but nothing I've seen from Lachlan suggests he has voted Hearts to be relegated simply because of the possible 'windfall'.   Especially as it's offset against losing Partick who I'd imagine are one of our biggest away crowds anyway.

Think this is our current state of play:

Ayr United 2020/2021

Goalkeepers: 

Defenders:

Sam Roscoe (2021)

Jordan Houston (2022)

Finn Ecrepont (2021) - Reserves 

Michael Hewitt(2021)- Reserves- On loan at Annan till end of the season. 

Midfielders: 

Mark Kerr (Player Manager)

Luke McCowan (2021)

Strikers: 

Craig Moore (2021)

Mark McKenzie (2021)

Out of contract:

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Aaron Muirhead

Andy Geggan 

Grant Gillespie

Andy Murdoch 

Michael Moffat 

Leon Murphy

End of loans: 

Ross Doohan (Returned to Celtic)

Stephen Kelly (Returned to Rangers)

Scott Tiffioney (Returned to Livingston)

Aaron Drinan (Retuurned to Ipswich Town) 

Connor Malley (Returned to Middlesbrough)

Confirmed as departed:

Alan Forrest (Livingston)

Ross Docherty (Partick Thistle)

Ellis Hare-Reid?

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayr United 2020/2021

Goalkeepers: 

Defenders:

Sam Roscoe (2021)

Jordan Houston (2022)

Midfielders: 

Luke McCowan (2021)

Strikers: 

Craig Moore (2021)

Mark McKenzie (2021)

Out of contract:

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Aaron Muirhead

Andy Geggan 

Grant Gillespie

Andy Murdoch 

Michael Moffat 

Leon Murphy

End of loans: 

Confirmed as departed:

Ellis Hare-Reid?

I wouldn't be upset if we kept everyone, The only ones I'd be upset at losing are Harvey, Murdoch and Moffat. 

Gillespie didn't look up to it in the few times I saw him, Geggan was brilliant/shite all season and Kerr will be retired now I'd expect so a major overhaul in midfield will be needed. 

I wouldn't be upset if we kept everyone, The only ones I'd be upset at losing are Harvey, Murdoch and Moffat. 
Gillespie didn't look up to it in the few times I saw him, Geggan was brilliant/shite all season and Kerr will be retired now I'd expect so a major overhaul in midfield will be needed. 

Aye I’d probably keep everyone and get all the loans back except Tiffoney.

Main issues are finding Murdoch a midfielder to play next to and a replacement for Forrest. Another striker would be decent as I think Moffat is classed more as a midfielder with the management team now.

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayr United 2020/2021

Goalkeepers: 

Defenders:

Sam Roscoe (2021)

Jordan Houston (2022)

Midfielders: 

Luke McCowan (2021)

Strikers: 

Craig Moore (2021)

Mark McKenzie (2021)

Out of contract:

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Aaron Muirhead

Andy Geggan 

Grant Gillespie

Andy Murdoch 

Michael Moffat 

Leon Murphy

End of loans: 

Confirmed as departed:

Ellis Hare-Reid?

You look at that list and you try to square it with some of the dunderhead comments about Docherty being no great loss.  Going to take a long while to rebuild, but the only comfort is that pretty much everyone else is in the same boat.