The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t rate McManus tbh.

He got 19 goals in 26 games with Falkirk . Not too shabby . Expect Falkirk fill have first dibs on him however . 

What about the ex Pars captain Paton to fill the Doc/Kerr void in our midfield ?

The virus is in decline because of social distancing, once this is gradually lifted, cases will rise gradually. You can't go from no one allowed in a group outwith your household to 200 or 500 or 50000 people in the one place within a few weeks or months.

I would expect that at the most, you would be allowed events for up to 100 people by August with social distancing measures in place. 

For football to be back, how do you get in to the ground without going through a narrow turnstyle without touching it or maintaining social distance from the operator? how do stewards search you to make sure you aren't smuggling in 8 cans in your bag? how do you get from the Tryfield place turnstyles to the side terrace without walking in close proximity to someone else? 

You are asking for people in part time jobs to put themselves at risk for the sake of 2 hours work, current plans show that hairdressers won't be open until July at the earliest and only with PPE and deep cleaning between customers yet people think that they will be in a football ground shortly after. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I don't think we'll be signing anyone this summer but like everyone else idk what's going to happen.

Cameron gave the impression on the radio the other that all the guys from this seasons squad will be getting kept on for next season.

Only signings I could see us making this summer is loans if they're permitted.

Doohan?
Kelly?
Ndaba?

Not sure what he said to give you that impression. I’ve went back and listened to it he said they are trying to extend everyone contract not just the players were planing on keeping. 

My interpretation of that that all our players contracts will be extended till end of June and after that players were wanting to release will probably be let go. It’s just effectively giving them an extra months wages and not throwing them on the scrap heap. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The virus is in decline because of social distancing, once this is gradually lifted, cases will rise gradually. You can't go from no one allowed in a group outwith your household to 200 or 500 or 50000 people in the one place within a few weeks or months.

I would expect that at the most, you would be allowed events for up to 100 people by August with social distancing measures in place. 

For football to be back, how do you get in to the ground without going through a narrow turnstyle without touching it or maintaining social distance from the operator? how do stewards search you to make sure you aren't smuggling in 8 cans in your bag? how do you get from the Tryfield place turnstyles to the side terrace without walking in close proximity to someone else? 

You are asking for people in part time jobs to put themselves at risk for the sake of 2 hours work, current plans show that hairdressers won't be open until July at the earliest and only with PPE and deep cleaning between customers yet people think that they will be in a football ground shortly after. 

The “worry” of touching a turnstile can be erased by carrying a hand sanitiser with you. It’s  no different to going to the small local shop and touching a basket that the staff haven’t wiped in between uses. Folk still go to shops and touch items and then put them back on the shelf.  You also walk in close proximity to people in shops or when joggers run past when out a walk (in my case). 

The “worry” of touching a turnstile can be erased by carrying a hand sanitiser with you. It’s  no different to going to the small local shop and touching a basket that the staff haven’t wiped in between uses. Folk still go to shops and touch items and then put them back on the shelf.  You also walk in close proximity to people in shops or when joggers run past when out a walk (in my case). 
Those turnstiles wont have been cleaned since the Spanish Flu of 1918 so a little bit of coronavirus will be fine.

As long as that hand sanitizer isn't in a bottle, as that would be a criminal offence.

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was linked with Chelsea not that long ago.

However, he didn't want to go to Chelsea.

Was this on April 1st by any chance? 

12 minutes ago, ftk said:
26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Those turnstiles wont have been cleaned since the Spanish Flu of 1918 so a little bit of coronavirus will be fine.

Accurate! 

11 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:
26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As long as that hand sanitizer isn't in a bottle, as that would be a criminal offence.

Aye, alcohol in a bottle right enough 😂

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

McManus is the championships Greg Spence, will score goals for any club in the league but will in no way perform above that level. 

Although I think League one is now beyond Spence. 

You say that but he got a player of the year award for Dunfermline when we finished fourth, his performances were such that he then got signed up by County for big bucks where he then won the league for them playing a decent amount of games. 

He's a very good league one striker with his physical attributes serving him well, he's a more than passable striker at this level though. Would far rather have him than Moore for example. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

You say that but he got a player of the year award for Dunfermline when we finished fourth, his performances were such that he then got signed up by County for big bucks where he then won the league for them playing a decent amount of games. 

He's a very good league one striker with his physical attributes serving him well, he's a more than passable striker at this level though. Would far rather have him than Moore for example. 

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here, I think he is a top end of the Championship player, Like Spence is/was in league one but is not capable of playing any higher than that. 

County were contracted to give him an extension last season and immediately put him out on loan for the full season.

If he is in the Championship next season he will be in the top 5 goal scorers. 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What about the other health risks I mentioned? What about the main stand? how do you get in and out of rows without passing someone ? only one person per row? The advice issued by governments hasn't been put out to specifically annoy football fans.  

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here, I think he is a top end of the Championship player, Like Spence is/was in league one but is not capable of playing any higher than that. 

County were contracted to give him an extension last season and immediately put him out on loan for the full season.

If he is in the Championship next season he will be in the top 5 goal scorers. 

I've absolutely got the wrong end of the stick, apologies. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

What about the other health risks I mentioned? What about the main stand? how do you get in and out of rows without passing someone ? only one person per row? The advice issued by governments hasn't been put out to specifically annoy football fans.  

Getting out rows is not an issue , it’s exactly like you do when passing people on street or in shops etc , we will likely be wearing face masks in an enclosed area like the main stand so as long as you don’t touch them with your hand there is no issue