The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

[emoji15]

Exactly what I did, chum. But, since there’s obviously no point in debating this with someone who’s going to defend his club’s reasoning at all costs, even though he has no idea of what that reasoning may be and is looking more and more like a muppet with every post, I am indeed going to GTF. G’night.

"at all costs" [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

What a goon. Where do.i begin?

Everyone discussing re-opening grounds, you bring up the furlough scheme

I've mentioned elsewhere the line re HMRC. There must be something in that. We have to taken different advice than that given to Ayr/Dundee.

If not, then I'll be big enough to come on here and admit I was wrong.

Night

8 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yeah, there have been loads of shops seeing say 1500 to 5000 people all in a hurry to get in during one twenty minute period. Happens all the time. Lines of tape every 2 metres for 3000 metres away from the ground? Cool. Make it happen.

Like I said, you limit attendance and use tickets to spread access across various entrances. For Ayr I imagine you would limit access to home fans only and use all sections of the ground (but not allow people to crowd the fences or switch ends at half time).

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

"at all costs" emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

What a goon. Where do.i begin?

Everyone discussing re-opening grounds, you bring up the furlough scheme

I've mentioned elsewhere the line re HMRC. There must be something in that. We have to taken different advice than that given to Ayr/Dundee.

If not, then I'll be big enough to come on here and admit I was wrong.

Night

I love multi club forums. 

I assume Doc is one of the players given an extra months wage by the club covered by the Furlough scheme. How does that work given his PCA with Thistle? 

Could there be any ramifications against the club if we haven't got this right? 

Lachlan mentioned yesterday on the radio that the club hadn't obtained specific legal advice about extending the Furlough scheme but that it was someone within the clubs reading of the situation. 

He also claimed not to be aware of the proposed truncated Championship season with one of the BBC reporters quoting a club employees name live on the radio who he believed had been involved in the talks. That was strange. 

When he was suggesting external help financially to play behind closed doors he couldn't quote a ballpark figure when asked how much would be needed. Perhaps he genuinely doesn't know. 

26 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I assume Doc is one of the players given an extra months wage by the club covered by the Furlough scheme. How does that work given his PCA with Thistle? 

Lachlan mentioned yesterday on the radio that the club hadn't obtained specific legal advice about extending the Furlough scheme but that it was someone within the clubs reading of the situation. 

He also claimed not to be aware of the proposed truncated Championship season with one of the BBC reporters quoting a club employees name live on the radio who he believed had been involved in the talks. That was strange. 

When he was suggesting external help financially to play behind closed doors he couldn't quote a ballpark figure when asked how much would be needed. Perhaps he genuinely doesn't know. 

"There is no requirement for the employer to show there was a business need to keep the employee on" 

Pretty straightforward. 

33 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

It's ok, different interpretations of regulations are fine, as the Tory cabinet and Dominic Cummings will testify.

43 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I think the ball will be in Thistle's court come end of June. If they honour his contract they would have to pay Docherty in full as they couldn't furlough him. 

In any case come the end of June extending becomes difficult for anyone because of the windows as they stand as Skyline mentioned. You would hope some form of common sense takes hold but I wouldn't count on it.

I think doing a hybrid of reduced capacity in grounds / social distancing mixed with paid live streaming would be an option. it gives clubs an income, albeit reduced gates, while also letting those who dont feel comfortable going to the grounds the option of purchasing the live stream to still watch the game, and would also tap into the overseas / not local support who may want to purchase the odd game to watch.

You could have say 1,000 to 2000 fans in the ground with another say 500 purchasing the live stream would probably be a decent revenue for us, although obviously down on this year, but you would be hoping this would be for 2 to 4 months max at the start of the season, and should be enough to see us tick over.

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I think doing a hybrid of reduced capacity in grounds / social distancing mixed with paid live streaming would be an option. it gives clubs an income, albeit reduced gates, while also letting those who dont feel comfortable going to the grounds the option of purchasing the live stream to still watch the game, and would also tap into the overseas / not local support who may want to purchase the odd game to watch.

You could have say 1,000 to 2000 fans in the ground with another say 500 purchasing the live stream would probably be a decent revenue for us, although obviously down on this year, but you would be hoping this would be for 2 to 4 months max at the start of the season, and should be enough to see us tick over.

That’s a decent idea but how it is decided who gets to go to the game? I’d imagine there would be a rush of people wanting to go. Are season ticket holders from this season given first dibs? In theory that sounds like a fair idea however there will be people who go to every game and just pay at the gate. 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s a decent idea but how it is decided who gets to go to the game? I’d imagine there would be a rush of people wanting to go. Are season ticket holders from this season given first dibs? In theory that sounds like a fair idea however there will be people who go to every game and just pay at the gate. 

It's all ticket so the match sells out after X have sold. No sales on the day. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It's all ticket so the match sells out after X have sold. No sales on the day. 

I think it would need be season ticket only if that was the case , then they are guaranteed the money , if pay at the gate and you hit a bad spell no guarantee of income ! 

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

I still think it's total madness for people to be associating the lockdown rules which are valid today to the lockdown rules which will be valid come August.

The landscape will have changed completely by then and any look at international News will show that things are now moving at pace as regards loosening of restrictions and easing of lockdowns. The 2 metre social distancing rule has already been reduced to 1.5 and even 1 metre in most countries in Europe.

If we think back to what's changed from the three month time frame from February to today, we should understand that in the three months from now until August that things can and undoubtedly will change dramatically, that's why I firmly believe that we can and will be able to resume safely and legally with crowds of at least 2,000 in attendance.

Spain have also confirmed that they are "open for business" for foreign holiday makers as of July and in fact the likes of the Tarragona region (which includes Salou, Cambrils, La Pineda) has entered "phase 2" as of today. This means that the Cinemas, Theatres are reopening at an initial 33% capacity and indoor Restaurants have also been given the go ahead to reopen.

As I say, things are now moving very quickly and I have every hope that we'll be back in grounds come August.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Even when things calm down a bit I can see a lot of people not wanting to venture out as much and attend matches. Some of the older fans may have health conditions whilst others may be fearful of catching it. Tv might actually suit some people better 

28 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think it would need be season ticket only if that was the case , then they are guaranteed the money , if pay at the gate and you hit a bad spell no guarantee of income ! 

Aye but you can do both if season tickets don't reach X. 

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I still think it's total madness for people to be associating the lockdown rules which are valid today to the lockdown rules which will be valid come August.

The landscape will have changed completely by then and any look at international News will show that things are now moving at pace as regards loosening of restrictions and easing of lockdowns. The 2 metre social distancing rule has already been reduced to 1.5 and even 1 metre in most countries in Europe.

If we think back to what's changed from the three month time frame from February to today, we should understand that in the three months from now until August that things can and undoubtedly will change dramatically, that's why I firmly believe that we can and will be able to resume safely and legally with crowds of at least 2,000 in attendance.

Spain have also confirmed that they are "open for business" for foreign holiday makers as of July and in fact the likes of the Tarragona region (which includes Salou, Cambrils, La Pineda) has entered "phase 2" as of today. This means that the Cinemas, Theatres are reopening at an initial 33% capacity and indoor Restaurants have also been given the go ahead to reopen.

As I say, things are now moving very quickly and I have every hope that we'll be back in grounds come August.

Absolutely this.  There are folk queuing up left, right and centre to say that everything is over, that we all need to hide indoors until there is some sort of miracle vaccine and anything other than this is tantamount to murder (hyperbole, I admit,  but my point is about the hysteria that still surrounds the virus).  

I think part of the problem is clubs are preparing for worst-case scenario (and that's how good businesses should operate) .  The press (and some fans) report these plans as gospel , when (as your correctly say) in reality this is all still 3 months away.  Consider the change in the last 10 weeks, added to that that it's been said often that being outside carries a greatly reduced risk of transmitting the virus, and measures such as spacing out on the terraces and face-masks and there's the potential for crowds watching football come late summer/early autumn.  

St Johnstone and Ross County have freed a bunch of players that will be of great interest to teams in our league . For example Declan McManus , anybody think we can a) afford him and b) would he be a fit for us .?

St Johnstone and Ross County have freed a bunch of players that will be of great interest to teams in our league . For example Declan McManus , anybody think we can a) afford him and b) would he be a fit for us .?
I don't think we'll be signing anyone this summer but like everyone else idk what's going to happen.

Cameron gave the impression on the radio the other that all the guys from this seasons squad will be getting kept on for next season.

Only signings I could see us making this summer is loans if they're permitted.

Doohan?
Kelly?
Ndaba?