The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Could get them in , use the large gates , as we are all ticket just hand ticket to operator ( who will have PPE on) 4 entry points , loads of space to queue if needed , Somerset Road , Tryfield place , Back Hawkhill Ave , no houses ad they are on other side of street , not all fans turn up together , I believe fans would turn up a little earlier and could be managed , all they are being asked is to stand a little further back than they normally do and using the bigger gates the queue will be moving continuously 

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Only from people outside your household , like myself a number of fans go with at least 1 other person from same household so we can stand together  ( don’t know how they can police that but it is the government guideline )

It can't be policed though. And whilst it may be tolerated inside the ground, it couldn't possibly be assessed in terms of setting a capacity. Capacity would have to be set based on an assumption that every member was unrelated and fully socially distanced.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It can't be policed though. And whilst it may be tolerated inside the ground, it couldn't possibly be assessed in terms of setting a capacity. Capacity would have to be set based on an assumption that every member was unrelated and fully socially distanced.

Totally agree with you here , just meant there would be more social distancing space  for single supporters 

Edited by Robbo63

It could though. For example, groups of household tickets could be sold.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

It could though. For example, groups of household tickets could be sold.

Capacity would have to be set though, and usable seats / standing areas marked before tickets were sold though surely? And the club can't seriously be expected to check claims of people living in the same house. I expect capacities would be set in Council Surveyors Offices long before anyone visited a ground or went near selling a ticket.

Capacity would have to be set though, and usable seats / standing areas marked before tickets were sold though surely? And the club can't seriously be expected to check claims of people living in the same house. I expect capacities would be set in Council Surveyors Offices long before anyone visited a ground or went near selling a ticket.

Is social distancing a legal requirement or a recommendation though... can a capacity really be set based on this. I have no idea, I’m obviously just speculating!

Of course the club can’t be expected to check claims etc but it’s down to each individual to manage themselves, as generally has been the case throughout this.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Is social distancing a legal requirement or a recommendation though

My take on  it is it’s a recommendation,  as the guidelines state if you can’t keep the social distance you should wear a face covering ( public transport , shops etc ) 

Edited by Robbo63

All these measures are just guidelines and obviously can't be enforced to any great extent. You are relying on folk being sensible and making an effort to follow these guidelines. That's why it's got absolutely no chance of being successful.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Is social distancing a legal requirement or a recommendation though... can a capacity really be set based on this. I have no idea, I’m obviously just speculating!

Of course the club can’t be expected to check claims etc but it’s down to each individual to manage themselves, as generally has been the case throughout this.

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

My take on  it is it’s a recommendation,  as the guidelines state if you can’t keep the social distance you should wear a face covering ( public transport , shops etc ) 

I don't know either. We're a long way away from fans being allowed in grounds at all I think, it's not massively likely to be this year going by the Sportsound interviews earlier. But ultimately, capacities are part of the safety certificate set by local Councils. I imagine they would probably take it into account in assessing what would be allowed in venues.

I can't imagine social distancing would be up to the club to manage. It's not a law, it's guidance. You set a sensible limit to attendance, make it ticket only, take some basic steps like marking out two metre gaps then leave it to the crowd themselves to adhere to the regulations, same as in shops, on the street, etc.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't know either. We're a long way away from fans being allowed in grounds at all I think, it's not massively likely to be this year going by the Sportsound interviews earlier. But ultimately, capacities are part of the safety certificate set by local Councils. I imagine they would probably take it into account in assessing what would be allowed in venues.

This is still May and this is a very fast moving story, I think you'll find that compared to now, things will have changed dramatically come August.

All speculation, but I expect schools to be open, airports to be fully operational and people holidaying abroad regularly, not to mention all business resumed and public transport very busy again.

It should also be pointed out that "social distancing" has already been reduced to 1.5 and 1 metre throughout Europe, so I'd firmly expect us to follow suit, so maybe not so many potential barriers as one would think.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

I can't imagine social distancing would be up to the club to manage. It's not a law, it's guidance. You set a sensible limit to attendance, make it ticket only, take some basic steps like marking out two metre gaps then leave it to the crowd themselves to adhere to the regulations, same as in shops, on the street, etc.

Yeah, there have been loads of shops seeing say 1500 to 5000 people all in a hurry to get in during one twenty minute period. Happens all the time. Lines of tape every 2 metres for 3000 metres away from the ground? Cool. Make it happen.

Yeah, there have been loads of shops seeing say 1500 to 5000 people all in a hurry to get in during one twenty minute period. Happens all the time. Lines of tape every 2 metres for 3000 metres away from the ground? Cool. Make it happen.
8 weeks ago we weren't even in lockdown. Its impossible to say where we'll be in 8 weeks time

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
7 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

8 weeks ago we weren't even in lockdown. Its impossible to say where we'll be in 8 weeks time

True. Maybe there’ll even be an extended and revised furlough scheme in place.......  one that 17 ex-Dunfermline players won’t be eligible for. That much we CAN be sure of.

True. Maybe there’ll even be an extended and revised furlough scheme in place.......  one that 17 ex-Dunfermline players won’t be eligible for. That much we CAN be sure of.
FFS stick to the point in question or GTF

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
5 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

FFS stick to the point in question or GTF

😳

Exactly what I did, chum. But, since there’s obviously no point in debating this with someone who’s going to defend his club’s reasoning at all costs, even though he has no idea of what that reasoning may be and is looking more and more like a muppet with every post, I am indeed going to GTF. G’night.