The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He’s been cut off but main points:

- Is up for Closed door however only if financial packages were available to make it financially viable. 
- All players being kept on Furlough till June. Ayr United still paying 20% of the players wages.

- No season tickets going on sale until there is a clearer picture of what’s happening. 

- Refunds will be offered for the remaining 4 games. 
- Could social distancing at Somerset Park without any issues.

LC to me gave the impression that the out of contract players aren't just being extended to June but all staying for the whole of next season (whenever and whatever that format will be)

Did anyone else get that impression?

LC to me gave the impression that the out of contract players aren't just being extended to June but all staying for the whole of next season (whenever and whatever that format will be)

To me it’s sounds like they’ll be on rolling monthly deals until the furlough scheme ends.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

To me it’s sounds like they’ll be on rolling monthly deals until the furlough scheme ends.

I've not heard this interview (I'm just listening to Sportsound from the start now) but unless Cameron knows something about an impending rule change you physically cannot do that. All contracts have to last to the start of the next window as a minimum by rule.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've not heard this interview (I'm just listening to Sportsound from the start now) but unless Cameron knows something about an impending rule change you physically cannot do that. All contracts have to last to the start of the next window as a minimum by rule.

So Dundee can only extend to the end of June and can't go past then?

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So Dundee can only extend to the end of June and can't go past then?

The window opens in 17 days time. Right now you can contract players for any length of time you want as long as it's at least 17 days. Once we pass 9th June if the window opening date hasn't been changed then any further extension will need to be to January 1st.

You can extend now for any length of time you want but it's a one time opportunity. You can't keep extending for a month at a time as D'jaffo is suggesting. Unless the League intend to change the rules to say otherwise or the SFA / FIFA change the window dates. Neither have currently done this.

PS - Glad to see Ludo back, Speroni was confusing me!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Do some Ayr United fans find it a bit disheartening when your Chairman thinks that his own fans would rather watch an EPL game than pay to watch their own team?

Not trolling, it's just if Nelms came out with that, I would be raging.

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

No. I thought he said they were extending to the end of June

Just now, johnnydun said:

Do some Ayr United fans find it a bit disheartening when your Chairman thinks that his own fans would rather watch an EPL game than pay to watch their own team?

That isnt what he said. He said fans of clubs like Ayr are fans for bigger reasons than just football and if someone wanted to just watch football they would watch the EPL

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I think he’s talking more about the the stay away/part time fans.

"Your average club in Scotland could socially distance without any problem," he told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

Is that a fact? Disinfecting turnstiles after every punter, socially distancing communal toilets, 500 yard long queues at pie stalls? 

"Watching Ayr United via streaming? If you want to watch decent football, you're going to watch Liverpool or Manchester United or something, you're not going to tune every week to watch Ayr United. I'm just being honest.

"Our product is shite and no-one will want to watch it"

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I did think that a bit at first but i think his wording of it could just be a bit wrongly interperated. 

Pretty sure he meant the part time fans or the armchair supporters.

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Is that a fact? Disinfecting turnstiles after every punter, socially distancing communal toilets, 500 yard long queues at pie stalls? 

"Our product is shite and no-one will want to watch it"

There would be changes required to support social distancing and folk would need to understand that getting in could take longer, or that they may not be able to buy their usual half-time pie.  Might be that folk enter via the larger exits and buy tickets in advance (Remember meltdowns about them last summer?) to avoid cash-handling; might be that crowds are limited to a certain percentage of a stadium's capacity.  

I think the point he was making about streaming as that it would only be the die-hard fans of the club who would pay for it, it's not going to generate the type of money that some seem to think that it would.

Other fans seems to dislike Cameron for some reason, but I think that he usually speaks sense and looks at things realistically (ignoring his political opinions).  I don't think here's much he's said that's outlandish. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I did think that a bit at first but i think his wording of it could just be a bit wrongly interperated. 

Pretty sure he meant the part time fans or the armchair supporters.

I think he is maybe also alluding to the fact that fans go to Somerset because they're fans and it's part of the "experience" of following a lower league team.  I think what he meant was that, in the absence of being able to be in the stadium, if you were streaming live Championship games in direct competition of EPL then a lot of  fans may chose to watch the EPL instead.