The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I initially thought that Dunfermline had announced the players they weren't retaining like most clubs do once the season ends where they pay out the contract or pay them till it expires. In a way of advertising the fact they were available and thanking them. 

But if this was the case, they would have put that in the press release rather than the PR disaster they did put out surely. 

Obviously these guys aren't going to be employed by another club until this is over but if they aren't paying the wage then I don't understand it. Unless they have to cut costs on insurance or pension contributions or some kind of unfunded overhead. 

Amy MacDonald is going to kick the s*** out of them judging by her tweets on the subject.

I think you've answered your own question. The football registration is window to window but thats not the same as their employment contract. There doesnt appear to be any reason why they couldnt be extended and furloughed. I'd be amazed if HMRC had any issue with it, why would  they?

Was just wondering if they could argue that the players were essentially being rehired in different roles.

38 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Would Ayr be one of at least three championship clubs who can’t afford to start the season and want hibernation? 

I don’t believe there are any championship clubs that could afford to start the season behind closed doors.  The Queens chairman was quoting a figure of 4.5k a week just to cover covid testing.  Bonkers.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

I don’t believe there are any championship clubs that could afford to start the season behind closed doors.  The Queens chairman was quoting a figure of 4.5k a week just to cover covid testing.  Bonkers.

Sounds about right if they’re going to get them at Superdrug at £95 a pop. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_0889.jpg

Seen this on Twitter. Is it a fake or is this out away top for next season?

No chance.

It looks like its been designed by a closet Rangers fan pretending to be an Ayr fan (Sorry I mean to say one of our fans on the Somerset Road End facebook).

No chance.
It looks like its been designed by a closet Rangers fan pretending to be an Ayr fan (Sorry I mean to say one of our fans on the Somerset Road End facebook).

Aye I wish I’d read the tweet before I posted it.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_0889.thumb.jpg.e0337d9de1946407483c47b8e0e20264.jpg

Edit: Scratch that. Just noticed a Killie fan posted it as a RangAyr kit. Likely nonsense.

What do you mean likely nonsense, I'd like to think someone' furlough payments would be removed if they signed off on that. 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_0889.thumb.jpg.e0337d9de1946407483c47b8e0e20264.jpg

Edit: Scratch that. Just noticed a Killie fan posted it as a RangAyr kit. Likely nonsense.

If that's our away strip i can't wait to see the reaction on the SRE