The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Contracts can only run window to window, so there may be administrative difficulties in extending them.

Dundee said they asked for advice from the SPFL and were told they could extend until the end of June (I think).

If this is true then I’m not sure why Dunfermline haven’t done the same.

For anyone wondering if clubs can extend contracts while on the furlough.

If Dunfermline can't even afford 20% wages for the next couple of months they must be on the brink of admin or something

EYoMGELWkAEl5FY.jpg

Edited by rb123!

The end of June is certainly possible, but beyond that the next transfer window opens. This is a football registration issue, not a furlough scheme issue - FIFA/UEFA/SFA registration rules require contract extensions to be for the full window. Clubs could potentially extend contracts without registering them as players, but HMRC might start asking questions at that point (I have no idea).

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Robbo may be able to answer this, but if all the club staff are furloughed, who would be available / still at work to offer players new contracts? I know it would be really pedantic but could clubs get in trouble for someone working when they are supposed to be furloughed if they are handing out contract extensions?

The club secretary / general manager is still currently at work and deals with all employee salaries and contracts 

The club secretary / general manager is still currently at work and deals with all employee salaries and contracts 

When are we likely to hear about players signing new contracts?

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

Did they specify they'd been released as players and as employees? I was wondering if clubs may "release" players in the sense of saying they won't play for them but maybe behind the scenes they're kept on furlough until they can get signed/paid by a new club?

If they've just been cut loose when clubs can still use the furlough scheme to ensure they have an income then that reflects really poorly on a club and like you say I'd hope we don't do that. Having a reputation for looking after your players can go a long way in helping to attract signings when you don't necessarily have as much cash.

I thought that too. But if that were the case, surely you would mention it in the statement?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The end of June is certainly possible, but beyond that the next transfer window opens. This is a football registration issue, not a furlough scheme issue - FIFA/UEFA/SFA registration rules require contract extensions to be for the full window. Clubs could potentially extend contracts without registering them as players, but HMRC might start asking questions at that point (I have no idea).

I think you've answered your own question. The football registration is window to window but thats not the same as their employment contract. There doesnt appear to be any reason why they couldnt be extended and furloughed. I'd be amazed if HMRC had any issue with it, why would  they?

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Also when are we going too get a look at this bespoke away jersey? .thanks

After lockdown , it’s worth waiting for ! ( well that is my opinion ) will still not suit everyone though 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

When are we likely to hear about players signing new contracts?

Discussions have been ongoing , my belief is we will not hear anything before end of July , due to current furlough deal in place at club 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:
3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

VOR saying we’re keeping everyone until the end of June.

It’s the right thing to do standing by the players.

A number of staff have been furloughed to end of July , don’t know if any players are included in that 

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Please tell me it’s not one of those skintight numbers? 😞

Are you ever happy? Moaning and being a selfish arsehole on the coronavirus thread and now moaning on here. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Are you ever happy? Moaning and being a selfish arsehole on the coronavirus thread and now moaning on here. 

It was an attempt at a joke ffs. And no I am never happy. Depression makes a person feel like that 

Edited by Thereisalight..

I initially thought that Dunfermline had announced the players they weren't retaining like most clubs do once the season ends where they pay out the contract or pay them till it expires. In a way of advertising the fact they were available and thanking them. 

But if this was the case, they would have put that in the press release rather than the PR disaster they did put out surely. 

Obviously these guys aren't going to be employed by another club until this is over but if they aren't paying the wage then I don't understand it. Unless they have to cut costs on insurance or pension contributions or some kind of unfunded overhead.