The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8342029/Scottish-League-One-Two-JANUARY-SPFL-set-crisis-talks-future.html

Putting this in here after seeing it in the Partick thread, interesting to say the least. 

Don't understand how it would be financially unviable to run League 1 and 2 but viable to run the championship. 

Clubs in league 1 like Partick and Falkirk will have much larger funds than the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and QOTS etc. 

If this is true i can definitely see Docherty being with us next season, presume league 1 would have a shortened season of just playing each other twice.

This is nuts.  By August the schools will be back and most people will be back at work.  The idea that we can’t have open air events with a few hundred people who will be fairly well spread out is ridiculous.  Not to mention that January is a completely arbitrary date that has no significance whatsoever.

Tend to think lower league games would not draw large enough crowds to be a problem. Make masks compulsory and put the games on. The Premier league and Championship should be more problematic, not less.

43 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758938

Looks like Championship clubs aren't keen on restarting in August/September without significant financial assistance from SPFL/Government.

Would cost £4.5k a week for a club to test everyone, this is something which I presume would be mandatory to getting football resumed.

This isn't the case for all Championship clubs.

Docherty was doubling his wages to go to thistle and could have gone in January but wanted to stay to finish the season, if possible I would keephim

Geggan love him but sorry legs have gone and injury after injury

Moore Marks first mistake don’t know why he gave him a contract, injury after injury.

Bell, good cover no more

Murdoch, def a gamble but might pay off after his injury

Big striker from Ipswich def aye perfect for this league

Harvie def a player who has proved me wrong think he’ll be away though

12 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Docherty was doubling his wages to go to thistle and could have gone in January but wanted to stay to finish the season, if possible I would keephim

Geggan love him but sorry legs have gone and injury after injury

Moore Marks first mistake don’t know why he gave him a contract, injury after injury.

Bell, good cover no more

Murdoch, def a gamble but might pay off after his injury

Big striker from Ipswich def aye perfect for this league

Harvie def a player who has proved me wrong think he’ll be away though

That means Docherty will end up on the same wage if that's right. 

13 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Docherty was doubling his wages to go to thistle

If that’s true then Partick are fucked. They’ve paid well over the odds for an average player.

I like Doc but he’s no world beater.

Dunfermline release all but one out of contract players. Can imagine we’ll need to make a decision in the coming days and say what we’re doing. Really hope we don’t follow suit.

That's my theory about all teams remaining with similar squads for next season out the window, bit cuntish by Dunfermline with what they're done today IMO but maybe is a bigger picture of them being in serious financial trouble and on the brink of admin or something who knows.

As @D'Jaffo says i'd be extremely dissapointed and worried if we did something likewise. 

Anyone we'd take from that lot?

Edited by rb123!

Dunfermline release all but one out of contract players. Can imagine we’ll need to make a decision in the coming days and say what we’re doing. Really hope we don’t follow suit.
Did they specify they'd been released as players and as employees? I was wondering if clubs may "release" players in the sense of saying they won't play for them but maybe behind the scenes they're kept on furlough until they can get signed/paid by a new club?

If they've just been cut loose when clubs can still use the furlough scheme to ensure they have an income then that reflects really poorly on a club and like you say I'd hope we don't do that. Having a reputation for looking after your players can go a long way in helping to attract signings when you don't necessarily have as much cash.

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Were  Dunfermline in a particularly bad way at the moment? If not I would expect a lot of other clubs doing similar things

Did they specify they'd been released as players and as employees? I was wondering if clubs may "release" players in the sense of saying they won't play for them but maybe behind the scenes they're kept on furlough until they can get signed/paid by a new club?

If they've just been cut loose when clubs can still use the furlough scheme to ensure they have an income then that reflects really poorly on a club and like you say I'd hope we don't do that. Having a reputation for looking after your players can go a long way in helping to attract signings when you don't necessarily have as much cash.

As far as I can see they’ve been totally let go.

I think the majority of clubs will be doing the same as Dunfermline over the coming days.  How can any club issue a new contract in the current situation, i.e. not knowing when / if or how the season will start and potential income. 

From memory we have about 4 players on existing contracts into next season, which I'm assuming are furlough(?) until the season restarts. 

Robbo may be able to answer this, but if all the club staff are furloughed, who would be available / still at work to offer players new contracts? I know it would be really pedantic but could clubs get in trouble for someone working when they are supposed to be furloughed if they are handing out contract extensions?

Really struggling to understand Dunfermline’s actions.  Seems clear that they are being given the boot when they can be put on month to month contracts with 80% of their wages picked up via the furlough scheme.  Maybe I’m missing something, but there doesn’t appear to be any cost to the clubs in doing this.