The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m very aware of that as it’s been rammed down our throats for months now. I’d hardly say 2 deaths in a day is a justifiable reason to continue with lockdown measures. 3 months is a long time away. The news tonight said covid could be here to stay for years, so what do we do? All stay inside and have no football etc until it goes away. Absolute madness

Football should be able to continue in some shape or form. Clubs at our level run on a shoestring budget and live hand to mouth. Without a fixed plan to guarantee a certain amount of games or income it might be better if they are put into hibernation for a while

12 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Football should be able to continue in some shape or form. Clubs at our level run on a shoestring budget and live hand to mouth. Without a fixed plan to guarantee a certain amount of games or income it might be better if they are put into hibernation for a while

Sadly there would still be bills to pay if there was to be a season in hibernation

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sadly there would still be bills to pay if there was to be a season in hibernation

We would still get some income in and the directors would cover the rest. More business sense than adding a six figure plus wage bill and then not getting enough games played to cover it 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We would still get some income in and the directors would cover the rest. More business sense than adding a six figure plus wage bill and then not getting enough games played to cover it 

I think completely writing off season 20/21 is far too premature, especially with numbers going down significantly

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d hardly say 2 deaths in a day is a justifiable reason to continue with lockdown measures. 3 months is a long time away. 

Correction -2 deaths recorded on a Sunday. We will likely see a far larger number reported tomorrow as this will include more people who died at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Correction -2 deaths recorded on a Sunday. We will likely see a far larger number reported tomorrow as this will include more people who died at the weekend.

Yes it will most likely be. If numbers were to be under 30 for a week or so I’d gladly start returning to normality and not this “new normal” shit 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m very aware of that as it’s been rammed down our throats for months now. I’d hardly say 2 deaths in a day is a justifiable reason to continue with lockdown measures. 3 months is a long time away. The news tonight said covid could be here to stay for years, so what do we do? All stay inside and have no football etc until it goes away. Absolute madness

How was the protest at Glasgow Green at the weekend m9?

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Will that apply as well for those who pre ordered shirts?

Unfortunately yes , no one is allowed into shop as it’s not classed as essential business , hopefully in next couple of weeks Scottish government will relax the lockdown rules and allow us in to dispatch, tops are all available but nothing the club can do get them out as online is run from shop , that’s why on the order form club let people know in advance that tops could only be sent out when allowed back into shop 

Unfortunately yes , no one is allowed into shop as it’s not classed as essential business , hopefully in next couple of weeks Scottish government will relax the lockdown rules and allow us in to dispatch, tops are all available but nothing the club can do get them out as online is run from shop , that’s why on the order form club let people know in advance that tops could only be sent out when allowed back into shop 

Totally fair enough, was just considering it for Father’s Day!

7 hours ago, Tigerland said:

There will be a lot of good players looking for a wage this summer and some clubs at our level will take a punt . Won’t labour the point ,the counter narrative does hold water so fair enough ...

On a separate note , of our seven out of contract players , given that Harvie will have good offers , who would we be offering to extend ?  Murdoch is obvious but we may have rivals , Bell ? Moffat ? Geggan ? Aero ?  

Think under normal circumstances some could have moved on but with the uncertainty i think clubs will play safe and keep everyone they can. Delighted to hear that Harvie and Murdoch could be staying. 

As i've said before i expect across the league, squads to be very similar next season whenever it starts. The clubs in biggest trouble will be the likes of Hearts and Thistle who'll be wanting to a clear out and rebuild along with having players on big money contracts which don't justify the leagues they're in. 

11 hours ago, super_carson said:

Totally fair enough, was just considering it for Father’s Day!

Wait to nearer the date as shop might be open then for online , we have volunteers ready to deliver 

19 hours ago, Tigerland said:

I’m just a bit concerned that certain clubs will take a punt on the start time of the attended league and do some smart business for desperate out of contract players .  For example , I’d be gutted if Thistle made a move for say Andy Murdoch while we were asleep at the wheel . Even if the attended games don’t start until January there will still be a season off attended football , structure the contracts accordingly .  Pulling in the season ticket money might allow us to go and entice a couple of front line Championship players that ordinarily we wouldn’t have been able to get with all clubs in the market . For example Watson and Scougall , 

Hard to imagine - watching the Terrace TV and AU Media 'behind the scenes' videos - that Mark Kerr and Mick McArdle could ever be accused of being 'asleep at the wheel'. 

14 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's a difficult one but as time goes on I'm becoming more inclined to agree with you.

I believe we should still stay in "lockdown" for a couple more weeks yet and then ensure that we are continually building supplies and improving our health care infrastructure in case a "second wave" does hit, however I agree that we cannot go on living (or not living) like this indefinitely as ultimately a cure may NEVER be found.

Football is just a sport (all be it part of the fabric of our society) but then can people seriously be expected to "social distance" for the next quarter, 6 months, year, 2 years, decade, indefinitely ??

This just isn't possible, feasible or viable, either for us or any other nation. Economically it would be disastrous with the entire leisure and hospitality industries completely wiped out, not to mention aviation and much of retail.

Ultimately we need to be detached about this and look to see how many people in the population this is likely to effect seriously and then try and mitigate this risk. If that means draconian laws to safeguard the elderly and vulnerable then so be it, no option should be left off the table when the alternative is destroying the whole of society and life as we know it and that is indeed what we are looking at right now.

I'm sorry, but when the highlight of the week is getting out to cut your front grass or "striking it lucky" at Tesco when you only have to queue for 30 MINUTES, then it suddenly begs the question, what's the point of all this ? is this what life has come to for us all ???

1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Hard to imagine - watching the Terrace TV and AU Media 'behind the scenes' videos - that Mark Kerr and Mick McArdle could ever be accused of being 'asleep at the wheel'. 

I have every confidence in Mark and Mick not being asleep at the wheel ,but the bean counters maybe not so . When we get started it will be as easy this season as last to pick three of the top four : Hearts Dundee and Inverness . The other team will be from the much less resourced group (obviously) , its the one with the most fore sight and boldest approach that will grab that last slot . It’s been us for the last two years .  Hopefully we will prevail again . However there is more work to be done in the market in this window than in the last two . We need to up our game . If we do , who knows , the prize might just be greater than fourth .

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It's a difficult one but as time goes on I'm becoming more inclined to agree with you.

I believe we should still stay in "lockdown" for a couple more weeks yet and then ensure that we are continually building supplies and improving our health care infrastructure in case a "second wave" does hit, however I agree that we cannot go on living (or not living) like this indefinitely as ultimately a cure may NEVER be found.

Football is just a sport (all be it part of the fabric of our society) but then can people seriously be expected to "social distance" for the next quarter, 6 months, year, 2 years, decade, indefinitely ??

This just isn't possible, feasible or viable, either for us or any other nation. Economically it would be disastrous with the entire leisure and hospitality industries completely wiped out, not to mention aviation and much of retail.

Ultimately we need to be detached about this and look to see how many people in the population this is likely to effect seriously and then try and mitigate this risk. If that means draconian laws to safeguard the elderly and vulnerable then so be it, no option should be left off the table when the alternative is destroying the whole of society and life as we know it and that is indeed what we are looking at right now.

I'm sorry, but when the highlight of the week is getting out to cut your front grass or "striking it lucky" at Tesco when you only have to queue for 30 MINUTES, then it suddenly begs the question, what's the point of all this ? is this what life has come to for us all ???

I totally agree with all that. They have been talking more and more about how a cure may never be found, so do we lockdown life and like you say lose entire industries because of it? 

As much as there’s is teams in Scotland I dislike, I really would be sad to see lower league times “die” because of this. Years and years of history for them and a cornerstone of the community disappearing. Not to mention people at the clubs and the other industries mentioned being out of work through no fault of their own. 

Exactly, going to the supermarket or cutting grass/going a walk, has now became the highlight of the week. Right now we’re not living, we’re existing and it’s not a world I want to be part of long term if social distancing, no sports etc is here for the long haul 

1 hour ago, Tigerland said:

I have every confidence in Mark and Mick not being asleep at the wheel ,but the bean counters maybe not so . When we get started it will be as easy this season as last to pick three of the top four : Hearts Dundee and Inverness . The other team will be from the much less resourced group (obviously) , its the one with the most fore sight and boldest approach that will grab that last slot . It’s been us for the last two years .  Hopefully we will prevail again . However there is more work to be done in the market in this window than in the last two . We need to up our game . If we do , who knows , the prize might just be greater than fourth .

Without sounding like having a lack of ambition, I really don't think we need to "up our game" at all, in fact I think the club have been doing great both on and off the field. On the other hand I'd say that clubs such as Dunfermline who have a very good infrastructure and large support SHOULD be upping their game as should Dundee for the same reasons.

Should things get back to any sort of normality then I'd be ecstatic if we could replicate any of the previous two seasons, with anything further, just a major bonus.

There is a frustration growing about the lockdown, mostly down to countries that have handled it better reducing restrictions. 

If you look at the level of cases in the countries easing restrictions, most of these, new daily case levels are in double digits and have been for weeks. The UK has reduced the rate but it is still over 3000 new cases a day. Mostly with people who are in unavoidable close contact with those already infected. 

To use the Czech Republic as an example, under 100 new cases a day since the start of April, reduce restrictions gradually and only allow football to return behind closed doors. Re-open bars and restaurants this week with only seating out doors and the cases double overnight. 

To use that as a rough guide, the UK cases fell under the 4k mark for the first time since the start of April,10 days ago Yesterday was the first day under 3k, If it falls at that rate, in about 4-6 weeks, players could start training again, about 6-8 weeks after that, they could start playing again. 

But this would only happen in the current conditions and the rate continues to fall. 

To be fair our lockdown has been far lighter than the likes of Italy and Spain. When both of these countries started to lift restrictions it was to a level that we are at currently. Most countries weren't allowed out at all (except to work if you were a key worker) except to get food. There was no hour of excercise etc so will be worth keeping an eye out of the rates of infection etc start to rise again. To be fair I get the impression now that there is a large chunk of people who have given up on the lockdown and social distancing already

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is a frustration growing about the lockdown, mostly down to countries that have handled it better reducing restrictions. 

If you look at the level of cases in the countries easing restrictions, most of these, new daily case levels are in double digits and have been for weeks. The UK has reduced the rate but it is still over 3000 new cases a day. Mostly with people who are in unavoidable close contact with those already infected. 

To use the Czech Republic as an example, under 100 new cases a day since the start of April, reduce restrictions gradually and only allow football to return behind closed doors. Re-open bars and restaurants this week with only seating out doors and the cases double overnight. 

To use that as a rough guide, the UK cases fell under the 4k mark for the first time since the start of April,10 days ago Yesterday was the first day under 3k, If it falls at that rate, in about 4-6 weeks, players could start training again, about 6-8 weeks after that, they could start playing again. 

But this would only happen in the current conditions and the rate continues to fall. 

What makes it even more difficult is the cause and effect lag that you have, ie the actual fallout of holding the likes of Cheltenham was only seen 3 to 6 weeks later. People can become infected but not require hospital treatment for up to 3 weeks after actually contracting the virus and then this fight,whether won or lost, can last a further 3 weeks in the hospital.

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

To be fair our lockdown has been far lighter than the likes of Italy and Spain. When both of these countries started to lift restrictions it was to a level that we are at currently. Most countries weren't allowed out at all (except to work if you were a key worker) except to get food. There was no hour of excercise etc so will be worth keeping an eye out of the rates of infection etc start to rise again. To be fair I get the impression now that there is a large chunk of people who have given up on the lockdown and social distancing already

Much of this stems from the attitude of "well, if it's safe to go to my work then it must be equally safe in my leisure time".  Personally I concur 100% with this attitude as it's either safe or it isn't. You can't have one rule for monday to friday and another for the weekend.