The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

@diegomarahenry

Not to go all skyline drifter on you here but I think any refund would approx. £58 for an adult. An adult season ticket gets you 18 league games for £260.

Totally agree with everything else you said though. I fully expect only a very small minority will seek a refund. Which is fair enough as they obviously need it if they are unwilling to forgo it.

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

@diegomarahenry

Not to go all skyline drifter on you here but I think any refund would approx. £58 for an adult. An adult season ticket gets you 18 league games for £260.

Totally agree with everything else you said though. I fully expect only a very small minority will seek a refund. Which is fair enough as they obviously need it if they are unwilling to forgo it.

Adults refund would be approx £58 , Oaps £25 , under 21s £12 and panda £3 , rough calculation based on tickets sold in each category would be approx £20,000 cost to the club if everyone asked , I think Particks uptake on refunds was only around 10% ( only going on a newspaper report  someone might have the correct figure ) 

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

You get three games gratis on an season ticket

Season ticket gives you No free games , it entitles you to a cheaper admission price , so any refund would be based on the reduced price per game , entry at gate for adult is £18 using season ticket you get it for £14.44 ,so any refund would be 4x £14.44

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Adults refund would be approx £58 , Oaps £25 , under 21s £12 and panda £3 , rough calculation based on tickets sold in each category would be approx £20,000 cost to the club if everyone asked , I think Particks uptake on refunds was only around 10% ( only going on a newspaper report  someone might have the correct figure ) 

According to our board the pick up was only 4% which equated to £3400

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

Anyone asking for a refund should get it. Not everyone on here is going to be in the same boat financially so others might need it more than most. Kind of made an arse of myself a few weeks ago saying that it would be ridiculous if anyone asked for the money back without thinking.

However I do agree that only a small percentage, if any, will ask for it due to the fact they’ll be taking money back out the club.

When do the season tickets come out .? Hopefully the club will raise the prices a little : £300 for an adult season and £20 at the gate . That would bring us in line with the rest of the division and could finance another two players on the going rate in the championship ,

2 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

When do the season tickets come out .? Hopefully the club will raise the prices a little : £300 for an adult season and £20 at the gate . That would bring us in line with the rest of the division and could finance another two players on the going rate in the championship ,

I'd imagine they'll be priced at £280 tbh. Its been going up in £20 increments the last couple of seasons. Maybe they'll push it to £300 with £280 for an early bird purchase before December?

Have we started a book on when the new season will start with fans in attendance?

6 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

A bit difficult to punt season tickets when we don’t know when we’ll be back at football. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

No dates yet , believe they will be discussed at next board meeting , I would reckon nothing will be done until we get a rough estimate of start dates , the online system is all ready to process as soon as price and date is announced 

I’m just a bit concerned that certain clubs will take a punt on the start time of the attended league and do some smart business for desperate out of contract players .  For example , I’d be gutted if Thistle made a move for say Andy Murdoch while we were asleep at the wheel . Even if the attended games don’t start until January there will still be a season off attended football , structure the contracts accordingly .  Pulling in the season ticket money might allow us to go and entice a couple of front line Championship players that ordinarily we wouldn’t have been able to get with all clubs in the market . For example Watson and Scougall , 

2 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

I’m just a bit concerned that certain clubs will take a punt on the start time of the attended league and do some smart business for desperate out of contract players .  For example , I’d be gutted if Thistle made a move for say Andy Murdoch while we were asleep at the wheel . Even if the attended games don’t start until January there will still be a season off attended football , structure the contracts accordingly .  Pulling in the season ticket money might allow us to go and entice a couple of front line Championship players that ordinarily we wouldn’t have been able to get with all clubs in the market . For example Watson and Scougall , 

Like Robbo said. All the players and management are on Furlough so they won’t be able to discuss anything football related. 

Partick won’t be making a move on anyone given they won’t be covered by the furlough scheme. Clubs can’t afford to sit for 6 months paying full wages without any match day income.

Punting season tickets isn’t a good look either. A lot of fans won’t have the expendable income to renew them and if there’s problems like next season not going ahead the club will have to pay all that money back.

I genuinely think the best thing the club can do is renew everyone until the end of June and just sit tight. With Hearts being confirmed as down we know the league for next season so a budget could in theory be worked out for Kerr to give him a rough idea what he’s got to work with next season. Apart from that it’s a waiting game really.

With the uncertainty, I don't think there will be much movement in squads this year in our league anyway.   I can see a lot of players staying put as their current clubs can afford to offer them a new contract and be covered by the furlough scheme until we're back playing (or close enough to it).  As D'Jaffo says, clubs aren't likely to try and sign new players as they can't furlough them and won't know when the games will start.  

I have a feeling the loan market will be even more crucial next year. 

Just a thought but what does that mean for PCA players like Doc and Forrest?

Technically they weren’t Livi or Partick employees in March so i’m unsure whether they’ll be covered or not. Could see a situation where both PCA are ripped up maybe.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just a thought but what does that mean for PCA players like Doc and Forrest?

Technically they weren’t Livi or Partick employees in March so i’m unsure whether they’ll be covered or not. Could see a situation where both PCA are ripped up maybe.

They are Livi's & Thistles problem now as far as I'm concerned.