The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Clubs will still be liable for the 20% and in the case of any players earning over the cap amount, they will only have the £2500 a month paid by the furlough scheme. I would expect Richard Foster to be paid more than £1k a week so a club with reduced revenue stream would have to either pick the shortfall, come to an agreement with a player not to pay them their wage (and possibly being in breach of contract)  or free them at the first opportunity. 

There is no obligation for the club to pay the 20%. 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is there nothing better for you to do than getting angry on other clubs threads on a Sunday morning? 

I'm not angry at all. I picked you up for a statement that was 100% wrong (on Safurday). Its not remotely the same thing. If I had anything better to do I wouldnt be here. If it helps I am going to the supermarket shortly and then to work. 🙂

23 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I have to say, for all the weirdos and trolls that patrol the pages of pie and bovril, you are easily the most tedious and tiresome poster around.  A smart arse know it all who only ever seems to indulge in circuitous arguments which never actually engage with the point people are making, in this case, the obvious and growing concern about players being released when they have no hope of finding another club for many months when they could potentially be retained by existing clubs for a short time albeit only on a percentage of their existing wage.

Thanks. If you dont like the concept of a multi club forum there's always The Honest Pages. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There is no obligation for the club to pay the 20%. 

I'm not angry at all. I picked you up for a statement that was 100% wrong (on Safurday). Its not remotely the same thing. If I had anything better to do I wouldnt be here. If it helps I am going to the supermarket shortly and then to work. 🙂

Thanks. If you dont like the concept of a multi club forum there's always The Honest Pages. 

IT'S SUNFAY I BETTRE GET IN THE INTERNET FOR AN ARUMENT

Your last sentence is perhaps your most arrogant yet. I don't care what folk are talking about, you are getting my uninvited opinion regardless

3 hours ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:

Any news on when the club will be paying out season ticket refunds?

Unfortunately all employees are currently on furlough ( with the ex exception of secretary, who will be dealing with SPFL business) don’t think we will hear anything until the right person is back at work , under the current furlough rules anyone on it cannot carry out any of their current duties 

It seems he wants to be a full time agent ??

Hadn’t heard that.

He was good enough for Blackburn in the Championship recently so I’d say he’s got another year or two in his tank.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stock response from invaders on our club thread. Particularly QoS ones.

Bored James May GIF by DriveTribe

7 hours ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:

Any news on when the club will be paying out season ticket refunds?

I'd imagine there will be an announcement when normality is restored. With everyone forloughed they couldnt even process a refund.

I suspect it'll be a system whereby those wishing to forgo it simply do nothing whilst those who need it can apply.

40 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd imagine there will be an announcement when normality is restored. With everyone forloughed they couldnt even process a refund.

I suspect it'll be a system whereby those wishing to forgo it simply do nothing whilst those who need it can apply.

I get that some people will apply as its currently financially difficult for us all but I hope the uptake is low. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I get that some people will apply as its currently financially difficult for us all but I hope the uptake is low. 

I think it will be very low as most fans will see it as money already spent over 9 months ago , think it will be less than 100 of the over 1000

You get three games gratis on an adult season ticket and there were four home games outstanding at the conclusion. so anyone wanting a refund (myself included) could be entitled to a refund of one match ticket on an application basis. They have a voucher to exchange for a ticket to a game but have the option not to use it. 

The only issue would be, anyone who had missed home games during the year would have lost the opportunity to get their moneys worth over 18 home games. 

The disappointing aspect will be someone who hasn't missed a second of league action at Somerset park that would be looking for a refund of £70 odd quid. Any other industry you would have a moral and legal right to claim a refund (although I don't know if clubs insure themselves against this kind of thing) But in the current circumstance, I think the moral right is what will stop the majority claiming a refund.