The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Although the league won was tremendous it still saddens me that we didn’t see a crowd like this for it. 

Agreed., although the previous week obviously had an impact. Hindsight and all that, I'm glad I went just incase!

Harley's was pretty decent afterwards too!

3 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

A glorious day marred by a terrible game

FB_IMG_1589553669093.jpg

That's an understatement. Absolutely brutal viewing.

ETA - Until the penalties

Edited by Trogdor

Neither team made any attempt to win that game but Stranraer still had two guilt edge chances to win it through Stirling then through Longworth.

Also both teams on paper actually looked pretty good which is odd for a couple of clubs jobbing around in the seaside leagues.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Although the league won was tremendous it still saddens me that we didn’t see a crowd like this for it. 

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

Agreed., although the previous week obviously had an impact. Hindsight and all that, I'm glad I went just incase!

Harley's was pretty decent afterwards too!

45 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The amount of ayr fans that never went too the league winning day was unreal .a lot of my pals never .And I still let them know that they never went .They don't like it .

It was a fantastic crowd for the Stranraer game, even more so as I’m sure BBC Alba were showing it live! 

I went along to the Albion Rovers game believing we had blown it the week before. I know a few folk who didn’t go for that very reason. Through good and bad I’ve been at Somerset , and I wouldn’t have missed that day for the world

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It was a fantastic crowd for the Stranraer game, even more so as I’m sure BBC Alba were showing it live! 

I went along to the Albion Rovers game believing we had blown it the week before. I know a few folk who didn’t go for that very reason. Through good and bad I’ve been at Somerset , and I wouldn’t have missed that day for the world

I used to get annoyed with people staring at their phones instead of the match, however I must confess that I spent the entire 2nd half watching the virtual feed on bet365 of the Raith game and only occasionally glanced up at our own match, in fairness I don't think I was alone !!!

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I used to get annoyed with people staring at their phones instead of the match, however I must confess that I spent the entire 2nd half watching the virtual feed on bet365 of the Raith game and only occasionally glanced up at our own match, in fairness I don't think I was alone !!!

Definitely not. I didn’t check my phone in case I “jinxed” it but the couple beside me kept checking their phone and providing updates to me! Everything about that day is still so clear in my mind. I hope it always will be 

On 14/05/2020 at 22:25, diegomarahenry said:

and with more teams there would be less games on TV per team. The TV pot is pooled but there is still a compensation payment plus advertising. 

No there isnt. Dont know where you got that idea from. There may be some minor additional advertising revenues, there certainly isnt any compensation fee and extra ads probably dont make up for cancelled hospitality.

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No there isnt. Dont know where you got that idea from. There may be some minor additional advertising revenues, there certainly isnt any compensation fee and extra ads probably dont make up for cancelled hospitality.

Cameron mentioned in one of his Q and A sessions, when someone complained about the Friday TV games. He said there wasn't any gain for the club having these games, the crowds were down and the compensation or disturbance fee they got for hosting games was minimal. 

Why would hospitality be cancelled ?

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Cameron mentioned in one of his Q and A sessions, when someone complained about the Friday TV games. He said there wasn't any gain for the club having these games, the crowds were down and the compensation or disturbance fee they got for hosting games was minimal. 

Why would hospitality be cancelled ?

Championship games on BBC the home club are given a few minutes of electronic pitchside board time to sell for themselves. Thats it. Its supposedly worth about £3k but in practice its mot really worth half that. There is no compensation payment and absolutely no payment at all for live Premiership games on Sky or BT.

And hospitality is regularly cancelled when games are moved to Sundays for live broadcast and sometimes for Friday night games as people cant have the day on the drink they planned. We lost one third of our booked hospitality when our game was brought forward to the Friday in March. It is worse if it moves to sunday. Friday night cuts their day out by time, sunday stops it altogether as they have work the next day. 

There is a reason why all the clubs want to avoid the live tv league games. The notion that less tv games would disappoint them is just 100% wrong.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If we play in neutral hubs FB_IMG_1589637715035.jpgFB_IMG_1589637716925.jpg

Utter and complete dross.

"Hubs" such as Palmerston, Forthbank, Westfield, Recreation etc which all have capacities under 10,000, yet the likes of Kilmarnock (with a 20,000 capacity stadium) and even ourselves (with a 10,000 capacity stadium) would be expected to travel to Hampden ???

Apart from the fact that fans would be more at risk of contracting and spreading the virus travelling from all over the country to Glasgow on public transport than they would attending their local stadium or the fact that the pitch would be ripped to shreds with multiple matches, it really is just total nonsense.

I can only assume that they were short of stories this morning.

"Hubs" such as Palmerston, Forthbank, Westfield, Recreation etc which all have capacities under 10,000, yet the likes of Kilmarnock (with a 20,000 capacity stadium) and even ourselves (with a 10,000 capacity stadium) would be expected to travel to Hampden ???
Apart from the fact that fans would be more at risk of contracting and spreading the virus travelling from all over the country to Glasgow on public transport than they would attending their local stadium or the fact that the pitch would be ripped to shreds with multiple matches, it really is just total nonsense.

I think these neutral hubs are for closed door games to save clubs the cost of maintenance on pitch etc

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:
14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think these neutral hubs are for closed door games to save clubs the cost of maintenance on pitch etc

I was under the impression they were attempting to use the bigger stadiums so as they could safely social distance with reduced gates ?

There's no way on earth that any league under the Premier could possibly put on matches behind closed doors (and even it's doubtful) from a financial perspective.

Without fans there will be no more football I'm afraid, apart from at elite level.

Stuart Cosgrove of the opinion that when we return to football 25% of the teams who were FT this season could be PT and some not surviving at all. How confident are use that we will survive and remain FT?

Stuart Cosgrove of the opinion that when we return to football 25% of the teams who were FT this season could be PT and some not surviving at all. How confident are use that we will survive and remain FT?

It’s definitely possible imo.

I’m not fully convinced we couldn’t operate on a hybrid basis tbh.

34 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Probably depends how quickly Ashleigh Construction bounce back to business and how deep Lachlan is willing to go in his pockets.