The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Remember about this time last year that clown Tartan Tammy bombarded us with signings we were apparantly after the whole summer, jesus he was up there as one of the worst even by P&B standards.

Would be some laugh if he reappeared, would cheer up the lockdown.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Remember about this time last year that clown Tartan Tammy bombarded us with signings we were apparantly after the whole summer, jesus he was up there as one of the worst even by P&B standards.

Please god no 🤯

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

Was this the guy who was naming random amateur players who probably didn't even exist?

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Richey! Someone thought I was you on the Covid thread. Can you go on there and let them know you’re still around, he seemed worried about you 

I spoke to him, it's fine. I had only changed my username but I've since changed it back. 

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

...and very well said too. Mr Chairman. I certainly don't agree with a lot of the (political) things he posts on Twitter but on this, he's on the money.  Rangers and their toady supporter at ICT can go and f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.   

Lachlan has coped a fair amount of shit from opposition fans for his views during this whole debacle, but even with my Ayr Utd tinted specs on I fail to see anything (football related) that he's said is particularly outlandish or foolish.  For the most part, he is speaking common sense.   He comes across quite well informed despite the distance at which he is operating.  

49 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

...and very well said too. Mr Chairman. I certainly don't agree with a lot of the (political) things he posts on Twitter but on this, he's on the money.  Rangers and their toady supporter at ICT can go and f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.   

He makes a lot of sense with what he says but the following quotes near the end of the article, namely:

"The biggest problem is the self-interest from so many clubs.

"Nobody seems capable of thinking clearly right now and it's doing huge amounts of damage.

"You need long term thinking to get your way out of problems like this, but for too many it's about the short term and how things affect only them."

Show me a club owner or chairman who wouldn't make decisions based on whats best for their club, especially over the last few weeks circus / merry go round of so called professional clubs? To think otherwise is extremely naive. You shouldn't be making statements like the above when you've clearly been doing the same for your own club, or certainly should have been.

Just because we aren't in the top flight doesn't exclude us from showing self interest either. If the top league had gone ahead with a 16 team league would we have politely declined because it wasnt for the greater good of the game? Doubt it.

Best not saying anything in the current climate and letting the flames of the latest shit show fizzle out through a lack of oxygen (hopefully). A time and place for repercussions is not at the current time when we need everyone's efforts and energies collectively to get the show back on the road at the earliest and safest opportunity.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

See the furlough scheme is being extended until October at least. Should help the club sign up everyone out of contract.

Yeah but after August the employers are going to have to cough up half the amount unfortunately.

A 14 league doesn't work in the Premier league and even less beyond that, to have an odd number of fixtures is a no go for a lot of people, to do it just to appease Hearts and Partick was never going to get voted in. 

A 16 or an 18 would mean to many clubs splitting the money and the top flight would never vote for it, despite probably securing the top flight status for a lot of clubs already there for some time, you would struggle to see Hearts, Hibs or the Dundee clubs ever being outside the top 16/18 for long. Meaningless games mean an opportunity to play younger players in the first team. 2 or 3 up and down every year would make it fresher. 

Now was an opportunity to revolutionise Scottish football and they shat the bed. They are still talking about completing the games in July which is never going to happen.  

On 13/05/2020 at 00:18, diegomarahenry said:

A 14 league doesn't work in the Premier league and even less beyond that, to have an odd number of fixtures is a no go for a lot of people, to do it just to appease Hearts and Partick was never going to get voted in. 

A 16 or an 18 would mean to many clubs splitting the money and the top flight would never vote for it, despite probably securing the top flight status for a lot of clubs already there for some time, you would struggle to see Hearts, Hibs or the Dundee clubs ever being outside the top 16/18 for long. Meaningless games mean an opportunity to play younger players in the first team. 2 or 3 up and down every year would make it fresher. 

Now was an opportunity to revolutionise Scottish football and they shat the bed. They are still talking about completing the games in July which is never going to happen.  

I disagree with this point because you simply just move the top 4-6 prize money pots from the championship. If there are only 2 teams being added to the full structure then it will essentially be buttons in the grand scheme of things for the final two positions. 

9 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I disagree with this point because you simply just move the top 4-6 prize money pots from the championship. If there are only 2 teams being added to the full structure then it will essentially be buttons in the grand scheme of things for the final two positions. 

I agree that the prize money would be roughly the same, if not exactly, but they would lose two old firm visits a season and with more teams there would be less games on TV per team. The TV pot is pooled but there is still a compensation payment plus advertising. 

If they weren't going to lose money then we'd have a top 16/18 already. four games a season is dull, I saw Paul Paton last year more than some of my family. 

There’s a big drop off between prize money for 12th in the Premiership and 1st in the Championship. It wouldn’t be a case of just moving it up as most Premiership clubs wouldn’t want to take the risk of a bad season seeing them earning peanuts in comparison to now. That’s why the 11-1 vote would be needed no matter what.

I don’t really see much of an issue with the current set up other than playing the same teams 4 times a season (potentially more when you factor in the cup’s and playoffs). This was particularly brutal when we were in league 1. I have no desire to play the likes of East Fife 4 times a season. 

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

There’s a big drop off between prize money for 12th in the Premiership and 1st in the Championship. It wouldn’t be a case of just moving it up as most Premiership clubs wouldn’t want to take the risk of a bad season seeing them earning peanuts in comparison to now. That’s why the 11-1 vote would be needed no matter what.

11-1 is only needed to expand the 42 league clubs. If you change the number of clubs in the top division but don't increase the total above 42 you don't need 11-1.

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

11-1 is only needed to expand the 42 league clubs. If you change the number of clubs in the top division but don't increase the total above 42 you don't need 11-1.

11-1 is also needed if there is any change to prize money for the top flight. Reconstruction won’t happen without a rejig of the prize money.