The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

At the end of 2018 the median salary in Scotland was a more realistic £23,833.00 gross but as you rightly say guys at our level will generally be earning around £35k to £60k with bonuses etc, so while a very decent wage for the type of work, it's certainly not fat cat stuff.

https://sp-bpr-en-prod-cdnep.azureedge.net/published/2018/11/29/Earnings-in-Scotland--2018/SB 18-80.pdf

Being honest, I wouldn't feel much sympathy for a moaning high earner in the private / public sector if they lost their job (that's life i'm afraid), and the same would certainly follow for someone in the football world who was earning even £2k per week etc, as at least they've been in a position to have savings etc where those at the bottom of the spectrum simply don't have that option, as it's a struggle for them just to survive.

There's no chance that Championship players are "generally" earning £700 - £1150 per week, even including bonuses.  Dundee United players might be at those sorts of levels, maybe some Dundee ones with contracts from Premiership days. There will be players at that sort of level at other clubs but they'll be the exception, not the general level.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

48 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Our top earners will be no more than average salary  , no player gets a four figure weekly salary ( including bonuses) for the majority of our players this is a second income due to their jobs outside football , which will help us keep a number for next season as they have the bonus of full time wages on top of job outside club 

Seriously? I'd be pretty sceptical that Ayr is their "second income". Ayr will be paying full time salaries. Not saying they'll be big but those who have additional incomes such as Personal Training outside football will have that as their second income, not their football. Mark Kerr may be an exception. As I recall he has a few businesses outside football.

Given that presumably none of these 2nd income jobs are dependent on playing for Ayr (unless they are all working for Ashleigh Construction) I don't see why it prevents them signing for another football club either? If they can do these second jobs round playing for Ayr then they can also do them round playing for Queen of the South, or Partick Thistle, or Dunfermline, etc.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no chance that Championship players are "generally" earning £700 - £1150 per week, even including bonuses.  Dundee United players might be at those sorts of levels, maybe some Dundee ones with contracts from Premiership days. There will be players at that sort of level at other clubs but they'll be the exception, not the general level.

I stand corrected then, it was my belief that clubs such as Dunfermline, Partick, Inverness & possibly Morton would be paying around £600 - £800 with the two Dundee clubs generally above this level and the rest of us just below.

This was only an educated guess however based on reports from our own and other club forums etc over the years and not based on any facts or evidence.

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I stand corrected then, it was my belief that clubs such as Dunfermline, Partick, Inverness & possibly Morton would be paying around £600 - £800 with the two Dundee clubs generally above this level and the rest of us just below.

This was only an educated guess however based on reports from our own and other club forums etc over the years and not based on any facts or evidence.

I guess the question here then is what you mean by "generally"? I imagine all those clubs will have some players on the sort of wages you mention. Inverness at least will still have some on 4 figs probably, Every chance Thistle do too. However, that doesn't mean their players will "generally" be on that. I would think the median full time wage in this division, certainly outside Dundee, will be lower than that. Most clubs have 1st team squads of around 20 players, probably 3 or 4 of whom are on loan from somewhere else. The other 16 won't be earning an average wage of £600 - £800. Some certainly will be though.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Seriously? I'd be pretty sceptical that Ayr is their "second income". Ayr will be paying full time salaries. Not saying they'll be big but those who have additional incomes such as Personal Training outside football will have that as their second income, not their football. Mark Kerr may be an exception. As I recall he has a few businesses outside football.

Given that presumably none of these 2nd income jobs are dependent on playing for Ayr (unless they are all working for Ashleigh Construction) I don't see why it prevents them signing for another football club either? If they can do these second jobs round playing for Ayr then they can also do them round playing for Queen of the South, or Partick Thistle, or Dunfermline, etc.

I was not suggesting it’s their second income ( just the way I have worded it) the reason they can do second jobs is down to training times at Somerset , I don’t think they would get those  conditions at the clubs named 

32 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I was not suggesting it’s their second income ( just the way I have worded it) the reason they can do second jobs is down to training times at Somerset , I don’t think they would get those  conditions at the clubs named 

Do you train late afternoon / evenings then? Serious question, I wasn't aware that you did that if you do.

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Maybe we should tell someone at the club about it, you know not as if 110 years is quite a big milestone.....

It’s not a milestone though !!!! 10 years on from major celebration is not a milestone , next celebration should be 125 years 

3 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Ideal place for a social club, a la Stranraer, smack bang in the town centre. Historical links too!

(I know we are likely to be in a recession and pubs will close rather than open. Still it's nice to dream).

But they'd have to close Jump for Joy?

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Maybe we should tell someone at the club about it, you know not as if 110 years is quite a big milestone.....

Yeah completely, it’s not like their is a global pandemic or anything going on.  

I meant just putting out a simple tweet, wouldn't have taken much effort to do for somebodt in the safety of their home.

I suppose

Although as previously said I don’t think 110 is one of the bigger ones. After the centenary year the next one is usually 125.

It seems a bit trivial discussing this in current circumstances but I see Paul Watson is getting released by Dundee United and a few Dundee United fans disappointed by this and they say he’s been better than Reynolds and Connolly this season. I wonder if that’s someone Kerrzo fancies, played with him for three years at Falkirk. 

It seems a bit trivial discussing this in current circumstances but I see Paul Watson is getting released by Dundee United and a few Dundee United fans disappointed by this and they say he’s been better than Reynolds and Connolly this season. I wonder if that’s someone Kerrzo fancies, played with him for three years at Falkirk. 

Was my first thought when I read he’d been released. We definitely need a centre back on top of keeping the 3 we currently have.

3 hours ago, Iain said:

But they'd have to close Jump for Joy?

That takes me back to my childhood Saturdays 😂

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I meant just putting out a simple tweet, wouldn't have taken much effort to do for somebodt in the safety of their home.

Exactly. Seems remiss not to mention it