The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think Kelly would benefit from another season in the Championship especially as his parent club are going through a few troubles of their own - who would want to be there while all that is going on? But I'want us to be looking for good replacements for Forrest and Doherty as they may well prove what some don't realise we had until they've gone.  Plus, in no time at all, that's us lost very good players in Crawford, McDaid, Smith, Shankland, Rose, Forrest and Doherty - add Doohan and Kelly to that list and it could be 'Houston, we have a problem'. time.  All of the aforementioned have gone on to or back to (arguably) bigger clubs so good luck to them all. Getting Murdoch back fit and maybe holding on to a couple of the loanees could prove decisive but I think we need to be very active and successful in the transfer market sooner or later (or whenever this virus permits). if we are to progress from here. Come on you Ayr.

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

https://ayrunitedmedia.co.uk/goal-of-the-season

McCowan away at Morton or Moore away to Dunfermline for me.

I don’t think the video does McCowan’s goal proper justice, I remember it looking like a thundercunt out the blue from the other end of the pitch. Either that or I was more drunk than I thought.

McCowan's and Moore's are the perfect examples of where we are, played dig shit in both games and scored a completely different kind of great goal in each.   I voted McCowan.  

You only have to look at Billy Gilmour and how rangers let him go to Chelsea, he'd have strolled the Scottish Premiership for a year or two. Interesting what they do with Kelly, would have thought with him playing the same position as Gerrard he'd state Rangers must keep him for as long as possible.

I'd take Doohan and Kelly again next year, think with the situation our chances of retaining these guys could be increased. Think Doohan will get another year to prove his worth for celtic, he definitely wasn't as good this season as last.

Hope we could keep Harvie and Murdoch for another year too. Would also bring Malley back but would punt Tiffoney back to Livingston, reminds me of Calvin Miller, on a good game he looks the part but other games that he turns up and looks like he doesn't even want to be there and plays a shiter.

Players like Bell and Geggan I'm not sure what you'd do with them, in Normal circumstances I'd say punt cause they're too injury prone and by their best, however could be kept for another year. Would also get back Drinan. I'd presume Kerr will be hanging up his boots this summer but who knows.

Strange times and it's seemingly impossible for clubs to plan on any front for next season because of what's going on. Best case scenario is football resumes in August behind closed doors. Worst case scenario is no football at all until 2021.

One way to solve player contractual situations would be to have no summer transfer window and the spfl to say all contracts expiring in the summer must roll on for another season because of the situation and squads therefore remain very similar for next season. However I think PFA Scotland would have something to say about that.

On the Billy Gilmour point, Rangers were desperate to keep him but Chelsea offered a deal they couldn’t match.

19 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Rip spud Murphy. Ayr utd legend 

RIP to one of the true Ayr greats - I used to watch him regularly (until like him I started playing for Darvel Juniors) - I was also fortunate enough to meet him at his induction to the Hall of Fame..a true gentleman and too young to pass away at only 77.

On 22/04/2020 at 16:38, eez-eh said:

Would people take Drinan and Malley back on loan next season if we could get them? I think I’d say yes for both.

Drinan definitely, but not convinced with Malley. There's certainly a player in there but he just looked lazy to me and didn't get involved enough to merit his place, having said that he didn't have that many games or a real chance to settle, so if his workrate and interest could be upped, then Yes, I'd take him back. (if and when we ever return to action).

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Stephen Kelly wins TC YPOTY and Daniel Harvie wins POTY. 

Voting for official club Virtual POTY open until next Friday , get your tickets and get your votes in (£30 per ticket to receive limited edition T Shirt) , looking at current votes it is close also getting close to 350 tickets being sold , let’s get the last minute tickets and get over 350 sold 

the following players all have votes

POTY

Bell, Kerr,Muirhead, Forrest, Doohan ,Kelly,Moffat, Docherty,Harvie, Moore

YPOTY

Kelly, McCowan,Roscoe,Houston,Harvie,Doohan,
Forrest

just goes to show how so many people see the game differently 

Edited by Robbo63

Voting for official club Virtual POTY open until next Friday , get your tickets and get your votes in (£30 per ticket to receive limited edition T Shirt) , looking at current votes it is close also getting close to 350 tickets being sold , let’s get the last minute tickets and get over 350 sold 
the following players all have votes
POTY
Bell, Kerr,Muirhead, Forrest, Doohan ,Kelly,Moffat, Docherty,Harvie, Moore
YPOTY
Kelly, McCowan,Roscoe,Houston,Harvie,Doohan,
Forrest
just goes to show how so many people see the game differently 

Guessing Aero himself bought a ticket?