The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Kids are barely touched by this virus, which weakens your cheap shot.

You have no clue what the health position of my children is. In fact as both are rated very high risk and have been isolated in their home sinceย before schools closed you are way off base.ย 

Cheap shotย my arse!ย 

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Kids are barely touched by this virus, which weakens your cheap shot.

This is good to know. At least if my kid does dieย I can be comforted by the fact that it was statistically unlikely.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52347927

Once the season gets back underway we could do that at the red stone car park next to St John's Primary School or at the racecourse.ย 

Everyone pays to get in.

Going by government briefing this afternoon, games behind closed doors was discussedย ย andย they said it would likelyย ย encourage people to congregate elsewhere to watch the game thus breaking social distance rules so looked unlikely anytime soonย 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52347927

Once the season gets back underway we could do that at the red stone car park next to St John's Primary School or at the racecourse.ย 

Everyone pays to get in.

Classic middle class idea bowl thinking there.ย 

Everyone drives right, I do and so do the neighbours!ย 

59 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Going by government briefing this afternoon, games behind closed doors was discussedย ย andย they said it would likelyย ย encourage people to congregate elsewhere to watch the game thus breaking social distance rules so looked unlikely anytime soonย 

Just a thought - would the SPFL (or whoever!) sanction closed door matchs being streamedย live to 'interested' fans?ย ย I'm certain AU Media could stream a close-door match and make the revenue from that available to the 2 clubs involved.ย ย 

3 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Just a thought - would the SPFL (or whoever!) sanction closed door matchs being streamedย live to 'interested' fans?ย ย I'm certain AU Media could stream a close-door match and make the revenue from that available to the 2 clubs involved.ย ย 

Uefa have relaxedย the ban on televised matches at 3pm on a Saturday, so effectively they can,The problem would be that there is a current broadcasting deal, I am not sure how clubs could get round that. But I wouldn't expect it would be to difficult considering the circumstances.ย 

The Governments concern of people congregating to watch live streams is bizarre, having football back as a focus will help in a great deal of ways. Television programs will dry up soon with production suspended.ย people being trapped in their homes, running out of things to watch willย ย cause more problems.ย 

Right now, sitting watching the live stream of a game, potentially on a zoom call with the folk I normally go with and a beer in hand sounds pretty appealing.ย 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Uefa have relaxedย the ban on televised matches at 3pm on a Saturday, so effectively they can,The problem would be that there is a current broadcasting deal, I am not sure how clubs could get round that. But I wouldn't expect it would be to difficult considering the circumstances.ย 

The Governments concern of people congregating to watch live streams is bizarre, having football back as a focus will help in a great deal of ways. Television programs will dry up soon with production suspended.ย people being trapped in their homes, running out of things to watch willย ย cause more problems.ย 

Right now, sitting watching the live stream of a game, potentially on a zoom call with the folk I normally go with and a beer in hand sounds pretty appealing.ย 

Clubs already do this, some games on TV are still streamed in house.ย 

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

How so?

Fans wouldn't be able to stay in the house. Of this I have no doubt. Its a non starter for me, as SD said earlier, people's health has to come first and people sometimes need protected from themselves.

I believe football behind closed doors would be aย nightmare to uphold any social distancing rules. This pandemic needs to properlyย run its course until we can even think about getting football back,ย as tough as that may be for some to fathom.

ย 

How so?
Fans wouldn't be able to stay in the house. Of this I have no doubt. Its a non starter for me, as SD said earlier, people's health has to come first and people sometimes need protected from themselves.
I believe football behind closed doors would be aย nightmare to uphold any social distancing rules. This pandemic needs to properlyย run its course until we can even think about getting football back,ย as tough as that may be for some to fathom.
ย 

Itโ€™s not as simplistic as that. The social and mental health effects of football and sport are huge.

A year or eighteen months is unsustainable. Further to that I very much doubt we would have football to go back to.

58 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

How so?

ย 

ย 

I can fathom it, you have missed the point I was making.ย 

They don't have the same concern over lady Gaga or Elton John live streaming concerts. Look at the amount of Eurovision parties there are every year yet there is absolutely no concern that live streaming a live music event might make people go to pals houses to watch it.ย 

Yet football is ruled out because of the opinion thatย all those bad boys will all cram into each others houses to watch it. If people are stupid enoughย to do that, they are already doing it without football. Without pubs open, the chances of people congregating are pretty slim.ย 

The main issue will be the safety of the players, staff and officials, this is what will delay a return of football. The players and referees unions will not agree toย a return unless it is safe to do so for their members. This isn't looking likely for several months anyway.ย 

But to assume that live streaming a football match will lead to every household in the land abandoning social distancing is a stretch.ย 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

ย 

I can fathom it, you have missed the point I was making.ย 

They don't have the same concern over lady Gaga or Elton John live streaming concerts. Look at the amount of Eurovision parties there are every year yet there is absolutely no concern that live streaming a live music event might make people go to pals houses to watch it.ย 

Yet football is ruled out because of the opinion thatย all those bad boys will all cram into each others houses to watch it. If people are stupid enoughย to do that, they are already doing it without football. Without pubs open, the chances of people congregating are pretty slim.ย 

The main issue will be the safety of the players, staff and officials, this is what will delay a return of football. The players and referees unions will not agree toย a return unless it is safe to do so for their members. This isn't looking likely for several months anyway.ย 

But to assume that live streaming a football match will lead to every household in the land abandoning social distancing is a stretch.ย 

Who mentioned every household in the land?ย 

You have also failed to acknowledge that the pop shows were put on from the artists homes. If it had been at an outside venue, fans of these artists would have travelled. As I said earlier some people need protected from themselves.ย 

The UK had just under 500 deaths today, which is a reducing figure btw, from this extremely dangerous virus and people are still selfishly calling for the return of football in whatever guise that maybe.ย 

Today's death toll is around half of our season ticket holders, in one day.ย 

The amount of total deaths in the UK, in just a few weeks, would fill Somerset and then some. Stop and think about that number just for a couple of seconds. Yet still there's a clamour, almost a right of demand, for the games return. People are still dying.ย 

One thing this lockdown has taught me is that there are far, far more important things in life.ย 

Everybodys got their own opinions, I accept that, but this isn't a debate about a players ability or performance on a Saturday, this is about saving peoples' lives and helping to stop the spread of a highly contagious and potentially life threatening virus.ย 

A massive difference.ย 

Edited by BukyOHare

Just to also add, even playing behind closed doors is likely to have around 40 or 50 people, when you take into account, playing squads, match officials, team officials and members of the emergency services in attendance at a given venue.ย 

Its surely months away from even being discussed as a reality.ย 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Who mentioned every household in the land?ย 

You have also failed to acknowledge that the pop shows were put on from the artists homes. If it had been at an outside venue, fans of these artists would have travelled. As I said earlier some people need protected from themselves.ย 

The UK had just under 500 deaths today, which is a reducing figure btw, from this extremely dangerous virus and people are still selfishly calling for the return of football in whatever guise that maybe.ย 

Today's death toll is around half of our season ticket holders, in one day.ย 

The amount of total deaths in the UK, in just a few weeks, would fill Somerset and then some. Stop and think about that number just for a couple of seconds. Yet still there's a clamour, almost a right of demand, for the games return. People are still dying.ย 

One thing this lockdown has taught me is that there are far, far more important things in life.ย 

Everybodys got their own opinions, I accept that, but this isn't a debate about a players ability or performance on a Saturday, this is about saving peoples' lives and helping to stop the spread of a highly contagious and potentially life threatening virus.ย 

A massive difference.ย 

By your logic, Eltons house must have been surrounded by the Elton John ultras desperate to watch him sing in his gardenย since it wasย ย advertised he was performing.

I didn't fail to acknowledge anything, I am highlighting the double standards of the opinion that somehow, if you played a game of football behind a locked door and put it on the internet, it would lead to folk leaving the house but any other event, there are no concerns.ย 

I am not sure what you are so angry about.ย 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Just to also add, even playing behind closed doors is likely to have around 40 or 50 people, when you take into account, playing squads, match officials, team officials and members of the emergency services in attendance at a given venue.ย 

Its surely months away from even being discussed as a reality.ย 

If only I had thought of that.......................

ย 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

ย 

35 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

No anger from me, just an amazement of people's perception as to what's going on.ย 

Crack on.ย 

If you haven't read the coronavirus thread some of the views of people on thereย will amaze you even more.