The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I find it a bit bizarre that he would be against a 16 team league in the SPL. 

39 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I find it a bit bizarre that he would be against a 16 team league in the SPL. 

I think he’s maybe just said that as he’s not wanting to come across as biased to Ayr United. 

It's not exactly apocalyptic for Hearts to get relegated anyway. They're a yo-yo team now.

Really can't see reconstruction happening for the sake of appeasing any club that doesn't contribute substantially to the country's ferry economy.

16 hours ago, ftk said:

Whatever season tickets are owed they could give as a discount off next season's season ticket?

Would be up to the season ticket when renewing whether to take the discount or not. If they aren't renewing give them some free tickets for next season?

Everybody is in different financial positions so cant criticise people for loyal fans wanting something back.

Legally they probably have to but they could leave it up to the individuals to claim it.  I think you get about three games gratis on season tickets so essentially people are losing out on one game they have paid for. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Legally they probably have to but they could leave it up to the individuals to claim it.  I think you get about three games gratis on season tickets so essentially people are losing out on one game they have paid for. 

This will probably be what happens - with most/all clubs. It will be offered (probably very quietly) in the knowledge that very few people will actually claim it.

I’d be happy if they gave us the league cup group stages. (Subject to going ahead).

Tbh i'm a bit dissapointed we never went down the route of some other clubs and offering supporters the chance to still buy tickets for the remaining scheduled home games, think you'd have got quite a few hundered still buying tickets.

Wouldn't have made much but would have been a nice income boost to the club. 

Even if 500 diehard supports  paid an average of £15 each we would have made £7.5k, not bad for a game which isn't happening. 

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

See someone on the SRE has suggested putting a union jack above the badge on the new top.

Safe to say it hasn't gone down well

Thankfully we're not a ship.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Tbh i'm a bit dissapointed we never went down the route of some other clubs and offering supporters the chance to still buy tickets for the remaining scheduled home games, think you'd have got quite a few hundered still buying tickets.

Wouldn't have made much but would have been a nice income boost to the club. 

Even if 500 diehard supports  paid an average of £15 each we would have made £7.5k, not bad for a game which isn't happening. 

Been quite a few donations to the AU500 fund so maybe a few fans have chosen that route.  In any case, I’ve seen us quoted as having 1200 season ticket holders - not sure there’s an additional 500 routinely paying at the gate who would take this up.

If they "should" offer season ticket holders a partial refund, why can't it be a paper exercise, offer us the refund, we accept but it goes straight to the AU 500 fund? Would that avoid the club paying tax on part of their income  for the season yet retain the  money for the player fund?  Maybe giving season ticket holders a couple of tickets to bring a friend to a home league game? I don't think any season ticket holder will want a refund!