The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The powers that be don’t even know if you will be immune after having it / how many strains there are / why some people show absolutely NO symptoms yet spread it far and wide / young people with NO underlying health issues are DEAD.

DEAD!

Let that sink in everyone

Fucking DEAD!!!

Football is a pish stain compared to what is going on.

We all miss it

Will be nice if and when it comes back

Until then PLEASE DO NOT PLAY WITH PEOPLES LIVES

PS - are Patrick doon yet?

So here's the question. Exactly how many people do you think needed to get infected for things to be as they are now? It's really fucking contagious. Anyone who isn't immune who goes back out into the pissing rain and stands on a terrace with thousands of similarly non-immune people could easily get it, and then pass it on to every person they meet.

There's no way that sporting crowds are going to be permitted until there is a vaccine. Just ain't gonna happen.
And if it turns out that people will pay to watch Scottish football which isn't explicitly about reliving the Thirty Years War on television, then the genie is out of the bottle, so there's no way the old firm would permit it.

They reckon a vaccine could still be a year off - are you genuinely suggesting we'll not have live sport until then? I don't think that's reasonable.

Live sport will probably be one of the last things to be reopened but i can see the government starting to ease the first restrictions in May and we'll have football back by July /August.

Hopefully. But it depends on the numbers.

Remember the lockdown is not about saving every life that we possibly can - it's about stopping the nhs being overwhelmed. We've bought a lot of prep time but hopefully the plateau won't last more than a fortnight and then we'll see things falling.

Yes there will be future waves but we can't stay on lockdown indefinitely until vaccine.
The powers that be don’t even know if you will be immune after having it / how many strains there are / why some people show absolutely NO symptoms yet spread it far and wide / young people with NO underlying health issues are DEAD.

DEAD!

Let that sink in everyone

Fucking DEAD!!!

Football is a pish stain compared to what is going on.

We all miss it
Will be nice if and when it comes back
Until then PLEASE DO NOT PLAY WITH PEOPLES LIVES

PS - are Patrick doon yet?
Calm down a wee bit. Yes this is an incredibly serious outbreak but life will have to go on. You can see that there are already easing of restrictions all over the world.

It'll be slow progress but folk are well aware of the situation.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

They reckon a vaccine could still be a year off - are you genuinely suggesting we'll not have live sport until then? I don't think that's reasonable.

Yes. Absolutely it's reasonable, at least in terms of audiences. You can't incrementally increase football crowds.

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What if it’s like cancer and they never find a cure for it? Will football and sports events be played behind closed doors forever? 🙄

You can’t compare a virus, any virus, to any form of cancer.  Cancer is not contagious.

25 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes. Absolutely it's reasonable, at least in terms of audiences. You can't incrementally increase football crowds.

Aye I can't imagine seeing football in person until at least 2021. 

48 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Don’t say that! We’ll miss your pregame tracks 

I'll put a playlist an hour before @wuffster broadcasts Saturdays match and remind you all that racism is for dickheads. 

joan_gif_3.gif?1474992627

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know they can’t be compared and I wasn’t. Just saying that they’ve never found a cure for cancer, maybe they won’t find a cure for covid 

Lots of cancers can be cured now.

You want your ST money back?
Whatever season tickets are owed they could give as a discount off next season's season ticket?

Would be up to the season ticket when renewing whether to take the discount or not. If they aren't renewing give them some free tickets for next season?

Everybody is in different financial positions so cant criticise people for loyal fans wanting something back.

14 minutes ago, ftk said:

Whatever season tickets are owed they could give as a discount off next season's season ticket?

Would be up to the season ticket when renewing whether to take the discount or not. If they aren't renewing give them some free tickets for next season?

Everybody is in different financial positions so cant criticise people for loyal fans wanting something back.

I'm sure there will be plenty of fans not looking to get something back.