The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

We may not be big, but michty it certainly puts your club in their wee club attitude place.ย 

Give it a rest, you're getting slaughtered here.

If you should be unhappy with anyone it's the people who runย your club. Yet Low & Britton are still in charge and spouting drivel about being a family club rather than a football club. That's embarrassing and frankly seems pretty small time to me.ย 

I would think there is something in it about McCall. The bitterness coming from Ayr fans since his departure has been pouring out all over these forums. Of course you condone it. You voted yes to a bullying corrupt concept. Showing a massive lack of ambition for a club in the play offs and readily giving that up.

Firstly what the fans are saying has zero relevance. We ourselves didnโ€™t decide what way to vote. Cameron and the board did. Both Cameron and McCall have stated since his departure there is no ill feeling and McCall still owes a lot to the guy. Without him he wouldnโ€™t be where he is right now. Cameron says he had a brief conversation with McCall before voting and Iโ€™d imagine it was simply to make it clear his vote wasnโ€™t personal and heโ€™s simply doing right by his own club. He is doing it with the sole intention of getting the prize money Ayr need to function as a club. He doesnโ€™t like the proposal. He says itโ€™s unfair on Partick, because youโ€™ve got a game in hand, and also on Falkirk, who are a point behind Raith. However thereโ€™s no other realistic proposal being put forward. Null and void isnโ€™t an option and a 16 team reconstruction is a complete fantasy. 14 team is possible but Cameron says heโ€™ll never back it unless Ayr are given a chance to earn that 14th place.

The lack of ambition claims are complete nonsense. This season is never going to be played to a finish and therefore there wonโ€™t be any play offs so weโ€™ve already missed our chance there. The only other option is a 16 team top flight which Iโ€™ve already said is a complete fantasy. Cameron has said he would love to see it and would back it but knows itโ€™ll never happen.

Coming out with that kind of nonsense makes you sound like some of the tinfoil hat brigade in our own support that think Ayr donโ€™t want to go up. I even read a Jags fan on Twitter say we donโ€™t want to go up because our stadium doesnโ€™t meet the criteria even though it was discussed at length last season and was revealed our stadium is perfectly adequate for the top flight.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Give it a rest, you're getting slaughtered here.

If you should be unhappy with anyone it's the people who runย your club. Yet Low & Britton are still in charge and spouting drivel about being a family club rather than a football club. That's embarrassing and frankly seems pretty small time to me.ย 

I totally agree that Britton and Low are utterly hopeless and will probably take Thistle into oblivion.

36 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If Thistle are playing in the championship I think there is every chance we could be playing in the premiership.ย 

I think thereโ€™s a higher chance that itโ€™ll be a 14-team top flight on a temporary basisย than a 16, but tbh I hopeย youโ€™re right.

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I would be astonished if they agree in a 16 team league, OF need to play each other 4 times to satisfy TV deal.

ย 

Agree - and how many years have we been saying that?ย It'll only change when the bigot brothers go off and play in another league. Never say never.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

ย 

I would be astonished if they agree in a 16 team league, OF need to play each other 4 times to satisfy TV deal.

ย 

It would be pretty dumb for the spfl to agree to a condition like that in any TV deal. What if rangers went bust again or one of them missed the top six for whatever reason?

We are due to pass China's numbers in a shorter period of time with the amount of cases still rising in the UK, we are nowhere near the peak of this yet, maybe we will be in three weeksย  but I doubt we will be relaxing any measures before June at the earliest.ย 
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
ย 
I'm pretty confident that the uk will have eased restrictions before June. Football will be a fair bit longer, of that there is no doubt, but the pressure to end the lockdown will become too great once the numbers in hospital start to fall (hopefully after 10 days or so).

I know I'm being optimistic but hey ho.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm pretty confident that the uk will have eased restrictions before June. Football will be a fair bit longer, of that there is no doubt, but the pressure to end the lockdown will become too great once the numbers in hospital start to fall (hopefully after 10 days or so).

I know I'm being optimistic but hey ho.

I don't want to be going anywhere near work until the start of May at the earliest, both for safety and f**k work reasons.ย 

5 hours ago, Iain said:

It would be pretty dumb for the spfl to agree to a condition like that in any TV deal. What if rangers went bust again or one of them missed the top six for whatever reason?

I don't think it has ever been a "we must have 4 Old Firm games" so much as it is "we will pay you this amount if there are 4 Old Firm games, but it will be less that if there are not".

On 13/04/2020 at 02:01, pandarilla said:

So here's the question. Exactly how many people do you think needed to get infected for things to be as they are now? It's really fucking contagious. Anyone who isn't immune who goes back out into the pissing rain and stands on a terrace with thousands of similarly non-immune people could easily get it, and then pass it on to every person they meet.

There's no way that sporting crowds are going to be permitted until there is a vaccine. Just ain't gonna happen.

And if it turns out that people will pay to watch Scottish football which isn't explicitly about reliving the Thirty Years War on television, then the genie is out of the bottle, so there's no way the old firm would permit it.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

So here's the question. Exactly how many people do you think needed to get infected for things to be as they are now? It's really fucking contagious. Anyone who isn't immune who goes back out into the pissing rain and stands on a terrace with thousands of similarly non-immune people could easily get it, and then pass it on to every person they meet.

There's no way that sporting crowds are going to be permitted until there is a vaccine. Just ain't gonna happen.

And if it turns out that people will pay to watch Scottish football which isn't explicitly about reliving the Thirty Years War on television, then the genie is out of the bottle, so there's no way the old firm would permit it.

What if itโ€™s like cancer and they never find a cure for it? Will football and sports events be played behind closed doors forever? ๐Ÿ™„