The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Partick, I can understand voting against it, but Dundee and ICT are cutting their noses to spite their faces here.  There isn't really anyway this season is going to be completed, without significantly bollocking the next one.  Neither Dundee nor ICT are in the position whereby they will win the league and while they are involved in the play-offs (like ourselves) it has massive financial implications to drag this season into June/July for the sake of a gamble on promotion.  

It's hard to know where to go from here...while Celtic, Dundee Utd and Cove are miles ahead in their leagues and will, in all probability, win them comfortably they have not technically won anything yet, and no team has been relegated definitely either.  So, the only remaining option is just play the games when we can and delay the start of the next season (all sorts of contractual, legal and financial permutations there) or call the league as it is now in terms of prize money but just knock promotion and relegation on the head.  

While I have no great love for the SRU and they way they conduct their business, perhaps the SPFL need to follow their lead (if they didn't already) and give the clubs several options to vote on. 

As many have said before, this is actually an ideal time to discuss reconstruction into leagues of 16 but none of the current Premiership clubs nor their business partners at Sky  would entertain that idea as they would lose their precious Old Firm games.  Across the board, self-interest is going to royal cock everything up. 

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Ayr have 1300 season ticket holders , would we need to provide match free to them  as technically they have paid to watch that game ,

Could offer it "free", some might be willing to pay.

I assume that the club have had no inquiries about a refund on season tickets so far? Fans understand the situation and I think the majority would pay money if they get something out of it. 

If this season does restart at some point are we not going to have Alan Forrest i take it? 

Strange time for Livingston to announce with all that was going on today with the vote, also get the feeling we were caught off guard as there has been no announcement at our end

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

BBC still reporting that one club hasn’t voted.  

Sky also saying 1 team ( believe it’s ICT) seemingly there is a deadline date which is been quoted as 28 days ( not sure if this though ) and their vote will decide outcome 

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If this season does restart at some point are we not going to have Alan Forrest i take it? 

Strange time for Livingston to announce with all that was going on today with the vote, also get the feeling we were caught off guard as there has been no announcement at our end

My understanding is that players will leave at season end ( seemingly transfer Windows will be extended to date season ends ) 

56 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Could offer it "free", some might be willing to pay.

I assume that the club have had no inquiries about a refund on season tickets so far? Fans understand the situation and I think the majority would pay money if they get something out of it. 

Nothing yet as no confirmation of season being finished , not sure what the T&Cs of season ticket , I have one for Glasgow Clan Ice Hockey , we have been informed NO refund , free entry to 4 games next season ( the number of games left on ticket ) they had a condition that season tickets are valid for rearranged games or alternative fixtures ( the club used the alternative fixture ruling to prevent refunds 

So has the vote gone through yet? Can remember seeing a statement which said it had and now it seems the deadline wasn’t really a deadline with one club still to vote. The competence shown in handling this again raises questions as to why they were so keen to force through a questionable deal at short notice 

11 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

So has the vote gone through yet? Can remember seeing a statement which said it had and now it seems the deadline wasn’t really a deadline with one club still to vote. The competence shown in handling this again raises questions as to why they were so keen to force through a questionable deal at short notice 

Three clubs are still to vote (as far as we publicly know) but only one matters and that it the missing Championship vote. The other two don't matter.

The vote is incomplete. It's a "postal" resolution so legally has 28 days to be voted on though the League asked for responses by 5pm today. They cannot force them though. I assume if they can persuade the missing Championship club to cast a vote they can declare a result though as the other two matter not one bit.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Three clubs are still to vote (as far as we publicly know) but only one matters and that it the missing Championship vote. The other two don't matter.

The vote is incomplete. It's a "postal" resolution so legally has 28 days to be voted on though the League asked for responses by 5pm today. They cannot force them though. I assume if they can persuade the missing Championship club to cast a vote they can declare a result though as the other two matter not one bit.

Is it knowing who the 3 are out of interest? Ross county appear to be one and ICT/Dundee rumoured to be the one from our division? 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is it knowing who the 3 are out of interest? Ross county appear to be one and ICT/Dundee rumoured to be the one from our division? 

The short answer is "no". It's not known because neither any of the three clubs, nor the SPFL have confirmed who hasn't voted. Since both Hearts and Rangers are claiming to have voted no it seems more likely it's one of them which is 'missing' than County. It presumably is either ICT or Dundee in our division. Nobody seems to be speculating or caring who hasn't voted in the bottom two divisions. It's pretty irrelevant anyway.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The short answer is "no". It's not known because neither any of the three clubs, nor the SPFL have confirmed who hasn't voted. Since both Hearts and Rangers are claiming to have voted no it seems more likely it's one of them which is 'missing' than County. It presumably is either ICT or Dundee in our division. Nobody seems to be speculating or caring who hasn't voted in the bottom two divisions. It's pretty irrelevant anyway.

Sky have said Hearts have admitted being the Premiership club , but they said vote was sent not long after 5pm ( that’s if you want to believe Sky) 

The bottom line here is that nobody knows what the situation will be two months from now.

The Government don't know, the experts don't know, the football authorities definitely don't know and there's certainly nobody posting on this football forum who has any idea whatsoever.

Less than three weeks ago the "herd immunity" plan was thought to be the best course of action, so really we're all kidding ourselves if we think we know what or when things will change again.