The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Negative nelly hat on here but it’s a struggle to watch any of the highlights from last season without wondering what could have been if we didn’t shit the bed at home to Ross County.

I can’t really remember any good moments from last season after that game. Maybe the win against Dundee Utd at Somerset but nothing besides that.

Dunfermline showed something yesterday that basically ran through their best moments from the 15/16 season. Would love to see something similar for our league winning season.

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

Just shows how good Talbot are.

It's bad enough having a pandemic - why don't you stay isolated in your rat infested hole twelve miles up the road., kiliescum  

I don't see any good reason why we need to move on to a new season just because we pass a certain date. Whenever they start playing again they just need to resume the current season. Even if it's in November.

52 minutes ago, Iain said:

I don't see any good reason why we need to move on to a new season just because we pass a certain date. Whenever they start playing again they just need to resume the current season. Even if it's in November.

What about player contracts etc? The only way I can see that working is if the sfa implement some rule which states only players registered at the club by 31 January 2019 can play in the remaining games. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doubt it now.

I can’t see there being any relegations this season.

You reckon? 

Would have to mean no promotions either

That would be absolutely  hilarious viewing for the Dundee United rage.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

You reckon? 

Would have to mean no promotions either

That would be absolutely  hilarious viewing for the Dundee United rage.

Not necessarily. There have been suggestions of expanding the Premier by X amount of clubs, at least in a temporary basis. 

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What about player contracts etc? The only way I can see that working is if the sfa implement some rule which states only players registered at the club by 31 January 2019 can play in the remaining games. 

I don't think that's overly important. If it's different players it's different players. Will be the same scenario for all the teams.

51 minutes ago, Iain said:

I don't think that's overly important. If it's different players it's different players. Will be the same scenario for all the teams.

Just be like having a third transfer window , all in the same boat with no money to spend 

Just be like having a third transfer window , all in the same boat with no money to spend 
Hopefully we've shown loyalty to key players that make them want to stay. Club and indeed personal relations will be vital when this kicks in.

Money will be vital but no one will have much.

41 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Fifa were considering moving the summer transfer window, we would also be past the date where you can last sign new players in a season.