The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You tease... give us details man!!! 

You may see it soon , but due to being bespoke it will take a bit longer to get them produced as it’s a top they don’t have in stock 

Edited by Robbo63

On 22/03/2020 at 23:51, munro7 said:

Harvie for both for me, as others have said he’s been most consistent all season.
Forrest and McCowan would be in contention for the respective awards but both have tailed off a bit, not helped by the change in our style of play.

Totally agree with this, although I also think Doohan has been very good despite people possibly taking him for granted after his excellent first season. Ultimately he makes very few mistakes however he also makes lots of point gaining saves which are often overlooked and realistically where could we find another keeper of similar quality on our budget ??

The club said that they would post the strips out once the government restrictions were lifted, I thought shops were able to operate on a delivery only basis. 

Obviously I am not looking for folk to put themselves at risk to post shirts out. I remember a time that shirts weren't available till November so waiting a couple of weeks/months shouldn't concern folk to much. 

It looks like the club have brought this forward in the current circumstances and should be applauded for getting the kits in this early to try and make money. 

I think that coming out of this situation well prepared could have a significant effect on clubs, it will be a real leveller in some respects. Hopefully paying the players during this time and perhaps offering them security now for over the summer and next season might see some of the players that were waiting till the end of the season decide to stay.  

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club said that they would post the strips out once the government restrictions were lifted, I thought shops were able to operate on a delivery only basis.

Due to the shop not being an essential shop , the current guidelines do not allow staff to travel to the shop, hopefully get them out middle of April if the government allows us to travel again after this 3 weeks stint 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Due to the shop not being an essential shop , the current guidelines do not allow staff to travel to the shop, hopefully get them out middle of April if the government allows us to travel again after this 3 weeks stint 

I'd say it's just as essential as the building sites which are still fully manned all around me who're building a Hotel, Student accommodation and flats.

They're telling us one thing on the News but doing another in practice and everyone is just turning a blind eye.

(for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not seriously suggesting that our club shop should be open)

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'd say it's just as essential as the building sites which are still fully manned all around me who're building a Hotel, Student accommodation and flats.

Housing is generally considered to be fairly important, yes.

42 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seriously missing football right now. I think when the game gets the go ahead to continue we should have a big celebration day at Somerset, and combine it with a testimonial for Jamie Adams. What a glorious day it would be 

Why would Adams get a testimonial? He didn’t play for us for 10 years. 

If the league isn't up and running by the end of April, which it won't be, It will probably mean we'll need to have some kind of Pre-season before league games start again. The gap between games will be greater than they currently are in the summer. 

I doubt a ball will be kicked in organised football anywhere before June at the earliest. 

See Stirling Albion and Dumbarton have each raised over £10,000 through Just Giving.

Surely we could set up something similar to help the club atm. I know we've got the AU500 but that's only the hardcore Ayr fans who donate to it, a just giving page would open up the opportuntiy to donations from anywhere, saw someone from Luxemburg donating £100 to Dumbarton.

Raith Rovers have also raised £37K so there's huge potential for a lot of money, i know club might be reluctant because of it looking like possible dire straights begging call but just a suggestion.

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why would Adams get a testimonial? He didn’t play for us for 10 years. 

The notion of a 10 year requirement is a complete urban myth. It's become the usual habit in football unless serious injury is involved but it has no basis in fact. The whole point of a testimonial is that it is given unilaterally, by a 3rd party who is not the employer and is neither contractual not earned in any meaningful way (which is why generally testimonial beneficiaries cannot speak or even say thank you at their own dinners as they'd otherwise be deemed to have "earned" it).

Not to put a dampener on it but I very much doubt that when this is all over any club is going to be excessively keen in the short term of hosting matches that they don't keep the gates from.

This isn't a bad idea - but with some sort of solid if the gate (you don't need to call it a testimonial).

Big, big, crowd - welcoming killie or stranraer, or even fucking talbot- to get football back. Share the income around (both teams, and a wee golden hand shake to Jamie. Give the fans a chance to say Goodbye).

Get the crowd buzzing, but make it part of a pre-season. Maybe even make it genuinely 'friendly', to avoid any injures.

But we're going to need folk back in huge numbers and a big draw and a big spectacle could suit everyone. We could reciprocate with the opponent - 2 leg style.

Hype it to f**k as a return to football.
If the league isn't up and running by the end of April, which it won't be, It will probably mean we'll need to have some kind of Pre-season before league games start again. The gap between games will be greater than they currently are in the summer. 
I doubt a ball will be kicked in organised football anywhere before June at the earliest. 

We'll certainly need something, they can't go straight back in cold.

Might as well generate as much income from it as humanely possible and spread it around to everyone involved.

Bring back the Ayrshire Cup!

4 teams. Ayr, killie, Auchinleck, Kilwinning.

Semi finals at Somerset

eg Ayr v Auchinleck
killie v Kilwinning

Final at Rugby Park plus 3rd / 4th playoff.

Each team gets a stand each.

Split revenue 4 ways.

Ayr Utd bring the Cup home [emoji41][emoji471][emoji460]️