The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Our moment of the season according to this show - the thrashing of Partick at Somerset. Can’t disagree with that one

I dunno spanking Alloa for 4 with the return of 'liquid football' to the Indodrill then hitting Arbroath for 3 in successive away games was pretty ace.

You're right enough though for the sheer enjoyment of the GIRUY to the media luvvie during and after the 4-1 pumping at Somerset made it all the more enjoyable.

Surprisingly Kris Doolan spoke quite highly of us as a club. 

He’s supposed to be a class guy tbf so I can’t imagine he’d be bitter or that unless we totally screwed him over. He wasn’t what we needed and McCall signing him feels more and more like it was to try and prove a point to Partick and Caldwell more than anything.

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/player-of-the-year-2020/
Harvie for POTY and Kelly for YPOTY. Or give Harvie both and he might stay.
Not a bad way to raise funds though, free t-shirt and part of it going to local businesses.

Harvie for both imo. His performances have rarely dipped since day one whereas Kelly hasn’t been done any favours from a change of position.

Kelly has a couple goal of the season contenders right enough but I don’t think we’re doing them this year.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harvie for both imo. His performances have rarely dipped since day one whereas Kelly hasn’t been done any favours from a change of position.

Kelly has a couple goal of the season contenders right enough but I don’t think we’re doing them this year.

I’ve always been of the opinion that if you win the POTY that should automatically exclude you from YPOTY and whoever has came runner up in that category should win it. 

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/player-of-the-year-2020/

Harvie for POTY and Kelly for YPOTY. Or give Harvie both and he might stay.

Not a bad way to raise funds though, free t-shirt and part of it going to local businesses.

37 tickets bought since 7pm last night , raising over £1000 , big thanks to all who have purchased so far , let’s get this to at least the 200 who attended last year , I do appreciate that money is tight to a number of people in this current situation , if you can afford it will only benefit the club we all want to see at the other side of this horrible disease 

I went with the following:

POTY - Alan Forrest 

YPOTY - Daniel Harvie

I went with Forrest because hes got 10 goals and 3 assists (3rd top in the Championship). I know he has come off the boil a bit after Xmas but I think that's partly to do with the system we have adopted and all the pre contract talk. Also given it is highly likely to be his last season with us I can maybe be accused of being sentimental.

Harvie ran Forrest close for my POTY and could easily justify winning both awards. He has stepped up massively this season and improved his consistency. He still has the odd bad game but it's the exception now rather than the rule. Would love to keep him for next season but fear he is away as well. YPOTY for him.

One positive is that the digital transformation at the club will quite probably save them a packet when the league restarts and all sorts of new preventative measures are put in place (e.g. no cash gates). Plus all the old moaners will be deid.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

One positive is that the digital transformation at the club will quite probably save them a packet when the league restarts and all sorts of new preventative measures are put in place (e.g. no cash gates). Plus all the old moaners will be deid.

statler and waldorf muppets GIF

13 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

37 tickets bought since 7pm last night , raising over £1000 , big thanks to all who have purchased so far , let’s get this to at least the 200 who attended last year , I do appreciate that money is tight to a number of people in this current situation , if you can afford it will only benefit the club we all want to see at the other side of this horrible disease 

Now at 98 tickets , keep that total climbing , every ticket is supporting the club and a couple of our great local sponsors , credit to anyone who can afford to help at this critical time , understand how difficult it is for some to commit money at this time , but every purchase is gratefully appreciated ,  

Edited by Robbo63

Harvie for both for me, as others have said he’s been most consistent all season.
Forrest and McCowan would be in contention for the respective awards but both have tailed off a bit, not helped by the change in our style of play.