The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I dont know how good McCrorie is so wouldn't try to compare. I've only seen him in the flesh a couple of times for Queens & Morton. I thought he was competent.

As for Doohan, in the league he had 14 clean sheets last season and 8 clean sheets this season. With our defence in front of him that's pretty good in my book!

Besides that, he is the best keeper I have seen since I started going to games. Much better than Samson and he has spent most of his career in the Premier League. A feat that I still find very baffling.

On 14/03/2020 at 10:22, Trogdor said:

It never could be contained.

The whole idea is to delay the peak so the health service can cope. Social distancing doesn't actually deliver that. 

Essential versus non-essential is a bit of a triviality. The risk is the same whether its essential or non-essential (ie. 1500 in an office block versus 1500 at the football). In actual fact being at the football with air circulation and UV light is less risky versus an office with no air circulation and limited UV light.

100% agree with this. However there are two points here, the first is that the Scottish Govs ban on gatherings of 500+ is in relation to emergency services being tied up (which we don't use of course) as opposed to the risk of contracting and spreading the disease.

The second point is that the UK Gov and Scottish Gov are not singing from the same hymn sheet currently. The English are trumpeting this "herd immunity" where they're happy for the virus to be spread, however the Scottish Gov advice is more along the lines of the rest of Europe / world with containment still being a priority.

It is of course an ever changing situation and there's LOTS of conflicting information out there at the moment, both from official and unofficial sources.

As I say, I totally agree with what you've posted as personally I'd rather take my chances at Somerset next Friday against Partick as opposed to the risk I run on a daily basis working in an overcrowded office with 1,000 other people in Glasgow City Centre, not to mention my daily commute on crowded Scotrail trains and my Glasgow Central barrier queuing with literally hundreds of others.

It doesn't say that, it says they have similar symptoms...nuance is important in these strange days. Hopefully it's not the virus and the club stays otherwise healthy.

Tonights club statement says that one of our first team squad has the virus and is now self isolating.
Not good. I hope they get well soon!

Can’t really do much else than this right now. Every club in Scotland is going to be concerned for their staff and what the future holds. Hopefully the player in isolation is fine and it’s not too serious either.

Good statement and reassuring to hear. Bit surprised though we are better placed than most to survive this. We are only months away from Lachlan’s annual comment around the  state of our finances which isn’t ever great