The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not a question of panic, it’s a question of personal responsibility I.e. do what you can as an individual to limit the spread.  That means limiting non essential social contact.

Go on then, tell us how you yourself are limiting all non essential social contact as part of your personal responsibility?

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If they’re ending the leagues early without finishing then I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable for the prize money to divvied up more equally amongst the clubs.

It's entirely reasonable. However, as I've pointed out already on more than one occasion, the notion that there actually IS any prize money to pay out is likely fallacy. The prize money comes from tv companies. They don't write a cheque for the full amount on August 1st. It's paid by staged payments and, without being privy to the finer print of the contract, I'd be pretty sure they are entitled to stop paying if there are no matches to broadcast. I think it's unlikely we can expect any significant further payments from the League any time soon.

4 hours ago, RedEd said:

All of that is true, but Sturgeon stated that the ban was being implemented take pressure off the emergency services. Most events with 500+ in attendance do not require police and a fair amount do not require professional medical cover. 

Actually every single professional first team football match requires "professional medical cover". No club Doctor on the premises = no match. You are correct in that they mostly have no police or ambulance cover on site. They all need First Aiders (which could conceivably be club staff if they have a suitable qualification) but they all need a GP or other medical doctor on site, whether closed door or not.

It’s been scaremongering at its best. I’m not denying it’s a serious illness, but it’s not deadly in ordinarily healthy people. At the moment there is less than 10 people in the WHOLE of Ayrshire with it. Scrapping games already is a bit OTT. You’re more likely to encounter far more people at close proximity in the likes of Silverburn on a Saturday than you are at an open air football game in the lower leagues. Cancelling junior games is just mind boggling tbh. I just wonder what back up plan the government have to help self employed or zero hour contract folk who are losing work through no fault of their own 

Edited by Thereisalight..

On a more relevant topic what is the impact financially to our club does anyone know. I’m assuming 4home games with a projected loss of 500 walk in customers and averaging the cash loss at £ 20 across the board is 10 k per game x4  40 k and say plus 10k for hospitality overall about 50 k, is that gonna be a big problem or enough to sink us?

On a more relevant topic what is the impact financially to our club does anyone know. I’m assuming 4home games with a projected loss of 500 walk in customers and averaging the cash loss at £ 20 across the board is 10 k per game x4  40 k and say plus 10k for hospitality overall about 50 k, is that gonna be a big problem or enough to sink us?

I don’t think it will sink us however that loss coupled will potentially no prize money will make it hard to bring players in over the summer. However other teams will be in the same boat but the way things are going next season whenever it starts could be much of write off as well.

32 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Our gates from the likes of Rangers, Celtic and Kilmarnock next season should see us ok. 

I'm assuming there will be some form of club statement from Cameron and the board at the beginning of the week outlining the scenarios and situation for the club going forward in the coming weeks and months. Probably after this UEFA meeting on Tuesday things could be clearer, English Prem meeting on Thursday where apparently they could already declare the season as void and incomplete

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it will sink us however that loss coupled will potentially no prize money will make it hard to bring players in over the summer. However other teams will be in the same boat but the way things are going next season whenever it starts could be much of write off as well.

It will cost in the region of £50k as said above , prize money will be paid out , but rumours going about are saying worst case scenario 75% of prize money could be paid due to non fulfilling Tv contract, it’s too early to speculate though , nothing will be done until UEFA decide next steps of action on Tuesday , club are having a meeting on how they handle the situation on cash flow going forwards , they have a number suggestions and they will be discussed at a board meeting in near future 

41 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

On the bright side this time off could mean we see Andy murdoch back this season if it starts again! Also means Moore will be back fully fit and we can try and secure a play off spot if the season restarts that is!

If the season does end, this is a big chance to tie down Andy Murdoch's contract for another season.

On the bright side this time off could mean we see Andy murdoch back this season if it starts again! Also means Moore will be back fully fit and we can try and secure a play off spot if the season restarts that is!
Moore has a cold and will be out for 6 months [emoji1784]

Yeah, Moore is becoming a joke for me. Not only that, he's not good enough at this level for me. 
I always thought he is decent when he is fit but that isnt very often. Defo wouldn't offer him a new contract because of his injury record.

36 minutes ago, ftk said:
41 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
Yeah, Moore is becoming a joke for me. Not only that, he's not good enough at this level for me. 

I always thought he is decent when he is fit but that isnt very often. Defo wouldn't offer him a new contract because of his injury record.

Pretty certain he signed a 18 month deal in January, so we have him for another season