The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Think Lach could be tempted if David Smith wafted enough of his money towards an astro pitch, which he'd problably be willing to do (BTW i've no idea how much an astro costs).

Think it has got to the stage that the Somerset pitch possibly need relayed, i mean when was the pitch last replaced, decades ago probably. Also the winters in Scotland are getting wetter which just fucks grass pitches so i'm of the viewpoint of unless we move to summer football then astroturf is probably the most sensible way forward. Also have to remember grass games cause a few call offs which hits a club like ours finances especially hard.  Can guarantee if we went for astro the old boys would absolutely lose their marbles over it.

Interesting note from @Robbo63 about would astroturf suit next years style of play, would like to hope we're not going to hoof the ball every week next season. 

There will be the business case of the astro if they can make enough renting it out and saving on training elsewhere, academy etc. Being at level where it is a challenge to maintain full time football year to year it must be tempting beyond the initial outlay.  The purist fan in me says no but if I was running the club and see the likes of Hamilton, Livy, Alloa and Montrose punching above their weight I wonder how much that is a factor. 

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Think Lach could be tempted if David Smith wafted enough of his money towards an astro pitch, which he'd problably be willing to do (BTW i've no idea how much an astro costs).

Think it has got to the stage that the Somerset pitch possibly need relayed, i mean when was the pitch last replaced, decades ago probably. Also the winters in Scotland are getting wetter which just fucks grass pitches so i'm of the viewpoint of unless we move to summer football then astroturf is probably the most sensible way forward. Also have to remember grass games cause a few call offs which hits a club like ours finances especially hard.  Can guarantee if we went for astro the old boys would absolutely lose their marbles over it.

Interesting note from @Robbo63 about would astroturf suit next years style of play, would like to hope we're not going to hoof the ball every week next season. 

Not looking at style of play , more looking at the squad , plenty of ball players this year , hoping we have same type of players next season , Kerr clearly states he wants to play ball on ground 

Call me old fashioned but I hate artificial pitches.
Generally so do I. But our pitch quickly deteriorates as winter comes in, and watching us play up at Alloa on Saturday was the first time ever I've thought it might not be a bad idea having astro. Theirs is high quality and we played the way I'm sure Kerr wants us to play. Last few months at Somerset the ball just bobbles around and I get the fear every time we pass it back to Doohan!

The flipside is QoS for example have a terrible pitch, but that's only because it's old and is most likely well overdue being replaced. Montrose were the same but they've replaced theirs and look how their doing. If we had a top quality (and no disrespect) grounds team and some more modern technology, and the grass pitch was decent all year, I'd take that. But it's not the case. Hampden's pitch at the moment is a mess, same with Ibrox. These are stadiums with all the tools available to keep the pitch high quality. So if they can't, we have no chance.

I noticed last night there was a guy in the dugout I didn’t recognise. Had the letters DOC stitched onto his tracksuit top and was wondering if he’s a coach or something that Kerr has brought in that we didn’t hear about?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I noticed last night there was a guy in the dugout I didn’t recognise. Had the letters DOC stitched onto his tracksuit top and was wondering if he’s a coach or something that Kerr has brought in that we didn’t hear about?

That not mean Doctor? Not trying to be wide or anything btw

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Do we not just have a Steven Maguire as a physio?

Unless Kerr has brought someone else in that is.

There is usually a doctor at every game , but they are usually situated in stand , Stevie was in dug out but has SM on his kit 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

There is a doctor at every game , but they are usually situated in stand 

Do we have the doctor as part of project brave that we are piggybacking for the full setup or is it solely a first team thing? Seem to remember something in the project brave criteria that you needed one. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe someone from the club had been reading this forum over the weekend and sent for the Department Of Corrections ???

11 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Do we have the doctor as part of project brave that we are piggybacking for the full setup or is it solely a first team thing? Seem to remember something in the project brave criteria that you needed one. 

All clubs must have a doctor or medical officer on duty at all SFA professional games , don’t know who qualifies as a medical officer at club as looking at criteria there is a number of qualifications needed , not just your average first aider 

Maybe someone from the club had been reading this forum over the weekend and sent for the Department Of Corrections ???

Where do you stand/sit during games and I’ll be sure to point him in your general direction on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where do you stand/sit during games and I’ll be sure to point him in your general direction on Saturday.

That would be telling.

2 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Raith have invested in a high spec artificial pitch and it is paying off with no games called off I think. Based on watching the highlights of their games there seems little difference to the real thing. 

For now, they only installed  it beginning of last season I think. All depend how you maintain it through the year.

4 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Raith have invested in a high spec artificial pitch and it is paying off with no games called off I think. Based on watching the highlights of their games there seems little difference to the real thing. 

This was from last February,

Carl McHugh, the Motherwell defender, has backed PFA Scotland’s demand for synthetic surfaces to be banned, claiming that they are responsible for sub-standard entertainment, discriminate against players with injuries and create an unflattering image of the game.

The Irishman spoke out after it was revealed that every single footballer at Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hibernian, Dundee and St Mirren had signed a petition calling for artificial pitches to be outlawed in the top tier.

They have also called for standards of maintenance in the three lower divisions to be upheld. Players at Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston, clubs who have embraced plastic, were not consulted.