The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Surely you lot aren't all shocked and "offended" when you watch "There's something about Mary", rightly or wrongly I still find the "we keep him in a cage and call him mongo" one of the funniest comedy lines ever, especially in the context.
Sometimes having some "inappropriate" fun is really ok, otherwise we'd lose our wit, personality, sense of humour and general mischief streak which actually define us as human beings.
Christ, it's sad bloody times we're currently living through............

Mate i can assure you there are fucking hunners of topics that are hilariously dark humour - always have been and always will.

But that word carries a stigma for a lot of people and is one that is just not used anymore (you've quoted a film from a long time ago).

Would you defend a racist team being used if the joke's funny enough? I can assure you, there really is no difference.

44 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Mate i can assure you there are fucking hunners of topics that are hilariously dark humour - always have been and always will.

But that word carries a stigma for a lot of people and is one that is just not used anymore (you've quoted a film from a long time ago).

Would you defend a racist team being used if the joke's funny enough? I can assure you, there really is no difference.

I still love Fawlty Towers and still find it hilarious, especially the one where Basil gets the knock on the head, that doesn't mean that I'm a Nazi or a holocaust denier but it does mean I'm not prepared to change my outlook or attitude simply because some of the younger generation don't get satire and want to see the darkest in everything and everyone.

Being honest, I don't know if I could and it certainly wouldn't be sincere.

That being said, I've never been one to ridicule people with disabilities and do find that sort of behaviour sick but then again is it any worse than laughing at fat people, folk with red hair, people with big noses or visible birthmarks ?

Who knows, I'm sure none of them enjoy being verbally assaulted but for some reason society deems some of it to be acceptable............

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I despair.

My point exactly.

Lighten bloody up, you've already got enough crosses to bear supporting Ayr, as we all know only too well............

27 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My point exactly.

Lighten bloody up, you've already got enough crosses to bear supporting Ayr, as we all know only too well............

Sorry mate but you've seriously crossed the line with this one. This cannot just be laughed off. 

To think you were seriously wetting your pants over an opponent cupping his ear to the SRE after scoring, to then suddenly choosing to defend the use of such an emotive and derogatory word in the year 2020 just beggars belief. 

Perhaps take some time off here and spend some time with your fellow human beings who through no fault of their own happen to fall under the crass description you choose to find amusing and defendable on here. 

I still love Fawlty Towers and still find it hilarious, especially the one where Basil gets the knock on the head, that doesn't mean that I'm a Nazi or a holocaust denier but it does mean I'm not prepared to change my outlook or attitude simply because some of the younger generation don't get satire and want to see the darkest in everything and everyone.
Being honest, I don't know if I could and it certainly wouldn't be sincere.
That being said, I've never been one to ridicule people with disabilities and do find that sort of behaviour sick but then again is it any worse than laughing at fat people, folk with red hair, people with big noses or visible birthmarks ?
Who knows, I'm sure none of them enjoy being verbally assaulted but for some reason society deems some of it to be acceptable............
You miss the point though, using that word is the opposite of satire (poking fun at those in power).

You have to understand what the target of the joke is. If its targeted at nazis, knock yourself out. If it's people with severe disabilities, not so cool.

Folk call that shit out nowadays, and rightly so.

Up there with his unrequited touching of women, his "alternative comedy" on an absolute minter of a thread he started about cyclists where he was about to declare his earnings and education level in order to prove a point and his continual use of ellipses at the end of almost every single fucking post.

9 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Up there with his unrequited touching of women, his "alternative comedy" on an absolute minter of a thread he started about cyclists where he was about to declare his earnings and education level in order to prove a point and his continual use of ellipses at the end of almost every single fucking post.

I honestly can’t explain how much this winds me up when reading his posts.

11 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Sorry mate but you've seriously crossed the line with this one. This cannot just be laughed off. 

To think you were seriously wetting your pants over an opponent cupping his ear to the SRE after scoring, to then suddenly choosing to defend the use of such an emotive and derogatory word in the year 2020 just beggars belief. 

Perhaps take some time off here and spend some time with your fellow human beings who through no fault of their own happen to fall under the crass description you choose to find amusing and defendable on here. 

Get a life, I make no apologies for my views, if you don't like them then just stick me on ignore.

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I honestly can’t explain how much this winds me up when reading his posts.

10 hours ago, placidcasual said:

That's why I do it....

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

WATTOO has outed himself as a total scumbag here. Sad to see. 

I think you're a bit of a p***k as well as it happens.

(just the one this time)

All this political correctness is bullshit (sorry bulls).

How do some of the people on here survive at an actual football game with the things shouted or sang from fans? [emoji23]

Like what? No one on here is complaining about stuff being sung at a football match.

Not using the word “mongo” isn’t conforming to extreme PC culture. It’s just pretty clear that that word isn’t acceptable these days.

All this political correctness is bullshit (sorry bulls).

How do some of the people on here survive at an actual football game with the things shouted or sang from fans? [emoji23]

It's not political correctness gone mad. That term has long been widely recognised to be out of date and offensive.

And yes having to listen to sections of our support on a regular basis can be very difficult and embarrassing.

Like what? No one on here is complaining about stuff being sung at a football match.

Not using the word “mongo” isn’t conforming to extreme PC culture. It’s just pretty clear that that word isn’t acceptable these days.

I've heard far worse than mongo at football matches. Some people just need to get a grip. Suppose it's just the world we live in nowadays......

I've heard far worse than mongo at football matches. Some people just need to get a grip. Suppose it's just the world we live in nowadays.

Right but that doesn’t make it ok.

As a rule of thumb, if “yer da” types think it’s ok to say then it probably isn’t.

Right but that doesn’t make it ok.

As a rule of thumb, if “yer da” types think it’s ok to say then it probably isn’t.
We should segregate Ayr fans at Somerset.

'Snowflakes' in North Terrace.
'Yer Da' in Somerset Road End

#lockthegate

The more vocal young “team” at our games are largely a bunch of wanks with a propensity to be vile little bigots. I wouldn’t be using them as a standard to set yourself against.
North Terrace for you [emoji6]