The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 hours ago, RedEd said:

I'm not sure Muirhead's suspension is over, since the game was abandoned. We'll know soon enough.

Pretty sure Kerr confirmed that it counts towards the suspension in his post match interview.

lets hope the club get confirmation though!

18 hours ago, RedEd said:

I think bookings during an abandoned game count. Suspensions and goals dont .

That used to be the case but not any longer. Bookings given in an abandoned game are void. However a red card earned before the abandonment would stand.

18 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

They shouldn’t! What’s the rationale on that one.

They don't.

6 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Pretty sure Kerr confirmed that it counts towards the suspension in his post match interview.

lets hope the club get confirmation though!

If he did he's wrong. The suspension is NOT served in an abandoned game.

Drinan is bang average, but in fairness, the hit and hope stuff tonight was brutal to watch.  Long ball stuff Is ridiculous when we have no one who is going to run beyond him.  2 defensive bowlers as well with Roscoe looking like an absolute bombscsre.  Substitutions made no sense either with Malley going off when Drinan and Forrest weren’t in the game.   Even Gillespie going off was strange as it left the midfield too light.  A very bad night at the office.

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Drinan is bang average, but in fairness, the hit and hope stuff tonight was brutal to watch.  Long ball stuff Is ridiculous when we have no one who is going to run beyond him.  2 defensive bowlers as well with Roscoe looking like an absolute bombscsre.  Substitutions made no sense either with Malley going off when Drinan and Forrest weren’t in the game.   Even Gillespie going off was strange as it left the midfield too light.  A very bad night at the office.

I wouldn't blame Drinan much he had no service whatsoever, though Roscoe was ok too. Absolute powder puff stuff from us when we got in the final third. It was about 70 mins till our first corner and shot on target outwith the goal.

Gillespie was blowing out his arse when he came off although I’d be expecting him to be up to speed by now.

For a big guy Drinan didn’t win a lot of headers although he did well to assist for Malleys goal. I’m just not sure he’s the right player for us in games where we need to be on the front foot and dominating the ball. He’s far more suited as an out ball when we have to sit in.

Gillespie was blowing out his arse when he came off although I’d be expecting him to be up to speed by now.

For a big guy Drinan didn’t win a lot of headers although he did well to assist for Malleys goal. I’m just not sure he’s the right player for us in games where we need to be on the front foot and dominating the ball. He’s far more suited as an out ball when we have to sit in.

I think this is spot on. I’m not sure if our earlier front three of Moffat, McCowan and Forrest is best in these type of games but it’s far more difficult to play like that in winter.

57 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think this is spot on. I’m not sure if our earlier front three of Moffat, McCowan and Forrest is best in these type of games but it’s far more difficult to play like that in winter.

Conditions tonight were pretty good for playing our usual way, even the pitch looked in good shape. That game was absolutely there for the taking if we had just a bit more quality.  Not sure Kerr would go back to that front three now Drinan is here. Can't see Kerr dropping him.

Conditions tonight were pretty good for playing our usual way, even the pitch looked in good shape. That game was absolutely there for the taking if we had just a bit more quality.  Not sure Kerr would go back to that front three now Drinan is here. Can't see Kerr dropping him.

Would rather a front 4 like

Drinan

Forrest McCowan Malley

Malley was far better out wide tonight and I think McCowan could do the Moffat role well enough without missing the sitters from 3 yards out.

Would rather a front 4 like

Drinan

Forrest McCowan Malley

Malley was far better out wide tonight and I think McCowan could do the Moffat role well enough without missing the sitters from 3 yards out.
Forrest, mccowan, and moffat are all playing shit at the same time. How the f**k did that happen?

Looking at fixtures and table after last night I'd say Alloa is becoming a must win to avoid getting dragged into the battle to avoid 9th and the massive extra pressure that brings.  Which is a concern given their form - hopefully our recent good run against them can continue  

Looking at fixtures and table after last night I'd say Alloa is becoming a must win to avoid getting dragged into the battle to avoid 9th and the massive extra pressure that brings.  Which is a concern given their form - hopefully our recent good run against them can continue  
Yes I'm looking for two wins ASAP to avoid any doubt. If the second of those wins comes at home to Partick in front of the cameras then that will be one fun Friday.