The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCowan is the same but he’s also one of the few players that isn’t afraid to try anything and doesn’t let one mistake put him off trying it again.

Over the next 3 games there should hopefully be a bit of rotation and Gillespie, Tiffoney, Roscoe and Malley can all get a proper chance to impress.

I've never really found McCowan to be greedy and in fact his link up play with Moffat and Forrest is superb at times. On the other hand one of the major criticisms of Tiffoney that I've heard is that he's very single minded and greedy, don't get me wrong I think we overplay at times and do need to be shooting more but I also think Tiffoney will need to learn to be a team player otherwise he'll very soon be getting on the wrong side of some of our most senior and best players.........

The over reaction to Aaron Muirhead on the Somerset Road end page and by a couple of people on here is unbelievable. A few calling for him to never kick a ball for us again. 

There is no doubt that it was a stupid tackle that didn’t need to be made but he’s not the first player to do it and won’t be the last. Are we going to rid of players everytime they get sent off? This isn’t to mention the fact we currently only have 3 senior Centre Backs in the squad. 

Roscoe will come into the team in the absence of Muirhead and if he does well will keep his place and that for me is punishment enough. 

The over reaction to Aaron Muirhead on the Somerset Road end page and by a couple of people on here is unbelievable. A few calling for him to never kick a ball for us again. 

There is no doubt that it was a stupid tackle that didn’t need to be made but he’s not the first player to do it and won’t be the last. Are we going to rid of players everytime they get sent off? This isn’t to mention the fact we currently only have 3 senior Centre Backs in the squad. 

Roscoe will come into the team in the absence of Muirhead and if he does well will keep his place and that for me is punishment enough. 

Shankland threatened our title challenge by being sent off and never got half the stick Muirhead is getting.

Shankland threatened our title challenge by being sent off and never got half the stick Muirhead is getting.
We all knew that Muirhead had that moment of madness, it was a really stupid tackle but calling for him to be sacked etc is OTT as said before if big Sam comes in and kicks on he loses his place that's fair punishment and let's be honest if that tackle was made by big Jamie the same folk would be saying it's a man's game and praising him for taking no prisoners.

52 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, D said:

We all knew that Muirhead had that moment of madness, it was a really stupid tackle but calling for him to be sacked etc is OTT as said before if big Sam comes in and kicks on he loses his place that's fair punishment and let's be honest if that tackle was made by big Jamie the same folk would be saying it's a man's game and praising him for taking no prisoners.

Come on we all know big Jamie would have won the ball in that situation while breaking the guy in two.

33 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’ve never been convinced by Muirhead or Roscoe for that matter. I was surprised and gutted that Kerr didn’t bring in a new centre half during January

The boy Corrie Ndaba was a done deal however the fact he’d already featured for two clubs scuppered that deal. 

Having praised him for his performances lately, I can now say I was very disappointed with Aero yesterday. The booking was slightly unlucky (he went in hard but didn't get his timing right at all), the sending off was just plain daft (mis-control followed by a wild challenge when he'd already been booked).  God knows what he was thinking off but it was as if he'd totally lost it when the game had gone and not the 1-1 score and all to play for at the time. Sorry, Aero, but you cost us that game and I hope your time on the bench serves to make you reflect on things and come back a better player. Pretty sure the management team will have had word. I think Roscoe can do a job in Aero's absence so I'm less worried than I could have been. We need to get Doc back though and keep McCowan on the pitch for as long as possible! 

Edited by Jazzar

I thought Gillespie looked very good for most of the first half, getting a few interceptions and biting into challenges.

The early decision to pull mccowan hurt us in the end. But forrest had a few touches early on and has been a more dangerous player for us all season so it was just one of those things.

Big drinan had a very good game, and that's definitely a positive from a difficult day at the office.

I thought Gillespie looked very good for most of the first half, getting a few interceptions and biting into challenges.

The early decision to pull mccowan hurt us in the end. But forrest had a few touches early on and has been a more dangerous player for us all season so it was just one of those things.

Big drinan had a very good game, and that's definitely a positive from a difficult day at the office.

Gillespie was horrendous. I know he’s probably not match fit but he was incredibly slow and was miles away from the cross for the second goal. I for one have no confidence in him being a decent signing.

Gillespie was horrendous. I know he’s probably not match fit but he was incredibly slow and was miles away from the cross for the second goal. I for one have no confidence in him being a decent signing.

I disagree.

I thought he gave the ball away a lot in the second half, and maybe match fitness is an issue. But for a lot of the first half he was biting into challenges and was a good replacement for doc.

Docherty isn’t exactly the quickest and Gillespie at least showed a bit of quality for Drinans goal. I’d need to see again to make a better judgment.

He’s also not played since October so it’s more likely a lack of sharpness rather than fitness.

On 08/02/2020 at 17:39, ali_91 said:

Glorious. Sit down. Shut up. 

Assuming you are the lad who wave giving the nazi salut on the way to the ground as well or were you one of the lads singing about barins being diddled in the first half? Some day at the office for St Johnstone. 

Actually thought Gillespie was alright, don't think he was any worse than any of our other players. Probably needs 3 or 4 games to fully get up to speed. Quite a few folk in the SRE were being overly harsh on Forrest in the second as well, think it is the mental block now he's signed a PCA. Similar to the folk suggesting Doc was a Partick agent the other week. We fought well in tough conditions, it is nice to see Kerr has managed to instill a bit of grit into the team when required, even if Muirhead took it to heart.