The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we have playoff aspirations then we need 7 points minimum from Arbroath, Alloa and Morton.

I tend to agree with this, February is an important month for our ambitions for 2nd/playoffs. I'm also in the 7 points camp.

Have you checked the March fixtures?

We play Dundee at home on 7th March then away on the 10th March. I appreciate rescheduled games need to be squeezed in but that's just stupid - playing them twice in 4 days. 

I tend to agree with this, February is an important month for our ambitions for 2nd/playoffs. I'm also in the 7 points camp.
Have you checked the March fixtures?
We play Dundee at home on 7th March then away on the 10th March. I appreciate rescheduled games need to be squeezed in but that's just stupid - playing them twice in 4 days. 

We’ve got 6 games in March including 2 against Dundee and 2 Friday night tele games. That looks like the key month for our 2nd place aspirations.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve got 6 games in March including 2 against Dundee and 2 Friday night tele games. That looks like the key month for our 2nd place aspirations.

Yeah 6 games and only 2 of them on Saturdays! The joys of being on the telly I suppose. 

I see ict slipping a wee bit now! They had a terrible window! Can see them dropping down the table now

Dundee have had a shite window as well imo and the pressure is only building on McPake. If we just keep plugging away and doing what we’re doing we’ll be fine.

37 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ayr wanted February 18th , Dundee would not agree to it so league decided on the date I can assure you the club are just as dissatisfied as the fans on this one 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Ayr wanted February 18th , Dundee would not agree to it so league decided on the date I can assure you the club are just as dissatisfied as the fans on this one 

Thanks Robbo, it seems daft to me.

You'd think the scheduler for the league would use a bit of discretion/common sense.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Thanks Robbo, it seems daft to me.

You'd think the scheduler for the league would use a bit of discretion/common sense.

Agreed. We'll just need to get to to the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals and draw the first game since a replay would likely be that midweek.

I agree that they're both doing really well, however the fact remains that they have small squads and are both part time, as Djaffo says, if we've got serious aspirations of finishing second, then we need to be looking to win these sort of games.

We have a squad of 21?

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We have a squad of 21?

Sorry, my mistake, I just assumed you had one of the smaller squads due to being part time.

No disrespect intended as your team have done brilliantly since coming up.

Sorry, my mistake, I just assumed you had one of the smaller squads due to being part time.

No disrespect intended as your team have done brilliantly since coming up.

Didn't think it was disrespectful like.

And cheers. I like Ayr and you're not going down so it would be good if you could help us out and win every week, except against us...

I sat in front of the TV like a part time Ayr fan Friday night and was delighted when you equalised.

Shame you couldn't get that winner though

Nah, they've one of the better managers in the league, they will be there or there abouts. We still had to work tremendously hard to beat them at home despite their "terrible window".

I see ict slipping a wee bit now! They had a terrible window! Can see them dropping down the table now

Nah, they've one of the better managers in the league, they will be there or there abouts. We still had to work tremendously hard to beat them at home despite their "terrible window".

I can see him walking out! He hasn’t been supported and had lost key players. His comments were very negative on the radio today didn’t sound happy!

Who would they bring in if they lost him?!

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

I can see him walking out! He hasn’t been supported and had lost key players. His comments were very negative on the radio today didn’t sound happy!

Who would they bring in if they lost him?!

A homecoming of sorts for Yogi?

gettyimages-852779850-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.bf80fdbf9e50afdaf5adb2ec0aa1a2bc.jpg

Just look at yesterday's results and you can see just how difficult this league can be to get results in. To publicly come on a forum and declare a points target is crazy and more than a bit disrespectful to other clubs. 

We're a capable team but show more than enough inconsistency to calm the chat of points targets down a bit, certainly publicly. 

We'll certainly need to keep better and more prolonged possession than we did on Friday night and carry more of an attacking threat if we hope to remain in the playoff places and then get success in them. 

For me a big crossroads in this season is coming up for us for a whole variety of reasons. 

Keep the faith regardless of one or two results that perhaps don't go our way. There's always a bigger picture. 

I agree about this being a different sort of league - and your typical "we need to be beating teams like these" didn't quite cut it.

Even Dundee United are very beatable now they've pretty much got it sewn up, and you can build winning runs (or losing ones) against anyone.

Most folk predicted us to have a very difficult January and it turned out to be the opposite. We certainly can't be looking to take easy points against the two in-form part-timers.

But we'll need to win plenty of games of we're going to make a decent challenge at the playoffs. Hopefully Friday night's performance was a blip.