The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Pretty full blooded game at times, can't fault the players commitment to the cause tonight but the most frustrating thing is we were nowhere near what we are capable of, will tqke the point though.

First game Drinian looked pretty hopeless tbh, doesn't look like he's going to score so would be happy with another striker on loan, won't happen though.

Tiffoney, meh was nothing special but unfair to judge him on the little time he got tonight.

Think we really need a CB and i hope that's the position Kerrs looking to snap someone up as a free agent at the beginning of the week.

I actually didn’t think Tiffoney was too bad. Thought his touch should’ve been better trying to take it round Brownlie but I thought he tried to get involved but we didn’t do too much right going forward.

McCowan looked disinterested which worries me. I hope he’s just frustrated he’s been dropped and not wanting away to one of the English sides linked. I was hoping he’d be our main man next season when Forrest leaves.

I think both managers will be quietly happy with a point.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I actually didn’t think Tiffoney was too bad. Thought his touch should’ve been better trying to take it round Brownlie but I thought he tried to get involved but we didn’t do too much right going forward.

McCowan looked disinterested which worries me. I hope he’s just frustrated he’s been dropped and not wanting away to one of the English sides linked. I was hoping he’d be our main man next season when Forrest leaves.

McCowan was hopeless, amazed when Tiffoney was brought on ahead of Luke however i could see why, he's gone to shit. What english clubs are linked?

McCowan was hopeless, amazed when Tiffoney was brought on ahead of Luke however i could see why, he's gone to shit. What english clubs are linked?

I’m sure Cardiff (yeah Wales I know) and Derby were linked a few months ago but he wasn’t affected back then. It’s more likely just an inexperienced player going through a bad spell which is normal. We need him back though as he’s huge for us.

Agreed on both tiffoney and McCowan. The latter seems to have lost all hunger at the moment.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Need another signing at least 

Bed wetting again, you'd love to see fresh faces every bloody week

Edited by diege

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

This stood out to me as well, his body language was shocking and he just looked like he was in a huff.

As you say, very worrying as I thought of him as one of our best and most important players.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve only watched Malley in person once in a youth game and he definitely stood out as a good player, but other than that don’t know much about him. He’s highly thought of at Boro though, so hoping he can be a good bit of business.

Where does he play?

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This stood out to me as well, his body language was shocking and he just looked like he was in a huff.

As you say, very worrying as I thought of him as one of our best and most important players.

Yeah, McCowan's performance was a worry. Sulking isn't going to get him back in the team, after last night he'll need to be content with coming off the bench for the last 10/15 mins.

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, McCowan's performance was a worry. Sulking isn't going to get him back in the team, after last night he'll need to be content with coming off the bench for the last 10/15 mins.

He's only a kid remember and Kerr and co need to tell him how they felt first time they were dropped.

Not a great place to be but it certainly brings you back down to earth with a bang.

He should have been dropped after letting the side down with his silly sending off at QOS.

Action Plan

You're good- we have other good players too

Work extremely hard and make it impossible for the gaffer to have you on the bench

Man Up.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve only watched Malley in person once in a youth game and he definitely stood out as a good player, but other than that don’t know much about him. He’s highly thought of at Boro though, so hoping he can be a good bit of business.

A neighbour is a season ticket holder at Middlesborough.

He says he is good and very highly thought of by Woodgate.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The game I watched he was an advanced midfielder, not quite behind the striker but always looking forward. 

He’s got  a lot of good reviews , if he turns out like Kelly we have got a real decent player 

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

With 3 wins, one against a Premiership team and a draw in January, how did Kerr not get manager of the month?

Better, he doesn't get it. It's a curse anyway, more often than not the recipient's team lose the next game or go on a bad run.

Better to remain under the radar and clinch 2nd!

Edited by Trogdor