The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought Gillespie was a signing from the Irish league? Is he just on loan as well?

I'm a wee bit concerned by the number of loans we're going to be relying on. It'll be fine for the run in but doesn't help us in the summer.

Gillespie is our player. That was just classic BBC Scotland journalism telling us he was on loan.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Gillespie looked okay, had a few good touches for the couple of minutes he was on. Drinan does a power of work but looks too isolated up there on his own. Need to get him more support, and a goal.

I think him and Moore when fit again could be a good partnership 

Thought Tiffoney was very poor when he came on, difficult conditions and a difficult game to make an impression but he did everything wrong. Drinan didn't have much of a game either. 

I think McCall would have had us watched over the last few weeks, this would have been a game he'd have wanted to win. maybe a change of shape tonight would have been in order. 

With the recent results for both clubs, it looks like a bad result but Thistle looked set up to stop us playing and when that happens, the worst thing you can do is go a goal behind. A month ago we'd probably have lost that game from being a goal down so I am quite happy with the draw. 

Need another signing at least 
No we don't. The Middleborough boy gives us options - and I can't really seeing us going fully two up top much anymore.

Drinan, Moore, Mackenzie, tiffoney, and moff are all strikers if need be.

We've got options in midfield, Forrest staying is key - and the defence should be ok.

What we need is a better performance than that tonight. Chalk and cheese from last week, and I felt we didn't do enough to compete with an up-for-it Thistle team.

The shape was fine, but first touches were poor, and mistakes were made in possession.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Need another centre half. Tonight showed signs of a couple months ago when they were all over the place.

Both didn't have very good games but that was more to do with the pitch and overhead conditions and playing against Brian Graham who I thought was a handful throughout. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Both didn't have very good games but that was more to do with the pitch and overhead conditions and playing against Brian Graham who I thought was a handful throughout. 

Graham is like Chris Templeman, if you have a referee that will give free-kicks every time he falls over and claims for one, he is a handful. 

Peter Murphy handled Templeman perfectly, actively held him up at every challenge and totally killed his game

I wasn’t at the game but we didn’t look great on the box, but have to say the team really dug in to get a result we deserved a draw.

Hard to take anything from that except I’m worried about the number of bookings we are picking up which might come back to  bite us, think the gaffer will have a wee deserved break now plenty of midfielders to pick from. How Cardle and Graham weren’t sent off or booked in that game was shocking.

Think that’s our business done now unless Tidser comes to his senses and the Middlesbrough boy must have something as he didn’t come up for a trial week like the others,  so happy to go with the gaffers judgement on him.

We are certainly are showing a resilience with the new boss that I don’t think was there before so well done to him and Mcardle players are clearly playing for him.

i agree with posters think we need another centre back just due to the bookings we are picking up.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Graham is like Chris Templeman, if you have a referee that will give free-kicks every time he falls over and claims for one, he is a handful. 

Peter Murphy handled Templeman perfectly, actively held him up at every challenge and totally killed his game

He gave them a presence, his movement off the ball and physicality were what our 2 centre halves most struggled with. 

Houston and Harvie were also a bit jittery in the 1st half, got marginally better in the 2nd half. 

We'll take the point and move on, hoping that tonight's performance was just a blip. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

He gave them a presence, his movement off the ball and physicality were what our 2 centre halves most struggled with. 

Houston and Harvie were also a bit jittery in the 1st half, got marginally better in the 2nd half. 

We'll take the point and move on, hoping that tonight's performance was just a blip. 

I saw Brian Graham in a compromising position on his stag do in Prague, I may save this till the next time we play them.