The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I know he’s got an offer from Dundee but I wonder if Kerr would be interested in bringing Berra in?

Had a very poor season so far but I’d think playing in this league and the way we have been set up defensively he would do ok. Would just be a case of paying enough of his wages.

Haven't got a great record with the over 30 considered past it type player, we've just got rid of  Doolan. Wouldn't chance it with Berra, especially with the wages he would command

Berra is absolutely murder, when I go to Hearts games it's proper tragic viewing watching the guy try do anything.  

You see Hearts more than me so I’ll bow to your judgement.

If he’s shite then I’ll not be worried about him signing for a promotion rival although I’m hoping Kerr still has a defender in mind who can come in.

You see Hearts more than me so I’ll bow to your judgement.

If he’s shite then I’ll not be worried about him signing for a promotion rival although I’m hoping Kerr still has a defender in mind who can come in.

He did have. The boy from Ipswich. Hope he has a plan B but this late in the day I would doubt it tbh

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He did have. The boy from Ipswich. Hope he has a plan B but this late in the day I would doubt it tbh

There's always the boy who turned up at Brechin................

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What are you actually basing this on? 

I suspect you don't actually know how many options the club are looking at today and to be honest I'd be more concerned if we didn't get another midfielder in than Central defender. We don't need 2 centre halves sitting on the bench or unused in the stand every week

The boy from Ipswich seems to have grown legendary status and is living in folks heads without actually having kicked a ball for us. If it's the clubs decision to send him back then I'm sure they'll have other options to explore. I'd rather if he wasn't for us at this time then we don't keep him just for the sake of it. 

Edited by BukyOHare

CB for me is not a priority if we could get one in brilliant but we already have Bell, Roscoe, Muirhead who play there and in dire straits Harvie can also play there as he did a few times at the end of last season, for me we need another striker ideally one who can play off Drinan and make the most of his knock downs and runs and a player to replace Kerr long term.

20 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

CB for me is not a priority if we could get one in brilliant but we already have Bell, Roscoe, Muirhead who play there and in dire straits Harvie can also play there as he did a few times at the end of last season, for me we need another striker ideally one who can play off Drinan and make the most of his knock downs and runs and a player to replace Kerr long term.

Mark Kerr will be very difficult to replace...available players ok his standard are few and far between, even though he is 36/37.

5 minutes ago, conley said:

Mark Kerr will be very difficult to replace...available players ok his standard are few and far between, even though he is 36/37.

100% this.  Still find it hilarious that the Falkirk fans told us he was absolutely done at this level and would maybe just about cut it at League 1 level over 2 years ago. 

100% this.  Still find it hilarious that the Falkirk fans told us he was absolutely done at this level and would maybe just about cut it at League 1 level over 2 years ago. 
I honestly think he could go on for a few more seasons at this level, he never had pace to lose so that's not an issue, his football brain is as sharp as ever and certainly does not look out of his depth at this level, unfortunately he said he wants to retire to and concentrate on being the manager so I think that will be him at the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The general trend and focus in recent years has been on fitness, physicality and physique and as a result quality ball players have become few and far between. It's not just at our level it's at all levels of the game where the traditional centre mid who runs a match is most definitely a dying breed.

You just wonder how much someone like a Gary McAllister would be worth nowadays or even better a fully fit legend that was Sammy Johnston...........