The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think the issue people may have (more reservation) is that we have a game tomorrow. In your words yesterday we couldn’t sign anyone because it was his day off, so from around 4pm to 10pm, he isn’t going to be in a position to be negotiating, so who is? 
Feel free to shoot me down in flames if miles off here. Would imagine Kerr does the selling of the club / vision and the directors deal with the money side? So if deals are close they'll be working on them in the background whilst Kerr and Mick are doing match prep.

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think the issue people may have (more reservation) is that we have a game tomorrow. In your words yesterday we couldn’t sign anyone because it was his day off, so from around 4pm to 10pm, he isn’t going to be in a position to be negotiating, so who is? 

Panda doesn't go to away games. 

On 26/01/2020 at 16:47, Skyline Drifter said:

The "hour before kick off" thing was an SFL rule. Hasn't existed since it was wound up 7 years ago. While the SPFL had its own Registrations Dept the answer was 5pm on Fridays. But the SPFL closed its Registrations Dept about 5 years ago and shifted all responsibility for player registrations entirely to the SFA. There is now no cut off point as such. It's against the rules to play someone who is not registered to you. The SFA usually have someone either in the office on Saturdays till lunchtime or alternately monitoring remotely and able to approve signings. However, it's not a promise. Basically if a player is registered and added to your online player list then you can play him. If he isn't then you can't. In theory you could name a player in your team at 1:45pm when handing the teamline to the referee who isn't actually signed yet, then get the paperwork signed and uploaded and get someone at the SFA to clear him between then and kick off! In practice only a madman would take that risk.

In practice, 99 times out of a hundred, if you sign someone on Saturday morning and correctly upload the paperwork immediately he'll be clear to play by noon. If you warn them in advance that something is going to be lodged at 12:30 I imagine someone would either make sure they were available to approve it or confirm in advance that nobody would be so at least you knew where you stood.

32 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

I've no issues at all and I think it's been positive so far, just asking is there a cut off time to be included for tomorrow evening (just wondering).

Per above. Technically the cut off time is one second before the referee blows his whistle to start the game. In practice of course only a fool would include a player not actually registered at the time of submitting the team line to the referee. so on a 7:05pm kick off it is effectively 5:50pm. The SFA offices will be fully manned up to midnight tomorrow so any paperwork lodged at 5pm is still going to go through immediately unless it's incorrect.

If Forrest is staying either on loan or PCA is Tiffany seen more as a striker to replace Doolan as you would think Forrest would get in the team in front of Tiffany.

I think Kerr will be hoping he can prove himself and maybe replace Forrest next season permanently whilst also providing a bit of firepower in place of McGuffie and Doolan.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So the deadline isn’t as important if they are free’d

Not really but I’d hope all our business is done by the close of play tomorrow. We’ve had a whole month at the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Per above. Technically the cut off time is one second before the referee blows his whistle to start the game. In practice of course only a fool would include a player not actually registered at the time of submitting the team line to the referee. so on a 7:05pm kick off it is effectively 5:50pm. The SFA offices will be fully manned up to midnight tomorrow so any paperwork lodged at 5pm is still going to go through immediately unless it's incorrect.

Thank you

37 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Maybe I’m being picky but after his half season with Falkirk I’m not really getting the clamour for us to sign Tidser.

I am in a similar frame of mind , yes I would accept him as part of the squad , but don’t see this real good player from 2 years ago 

23 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am in a similar frame of mind , yes I would accept him as part of the squad , but don’t see this real good player from 2 years ago 

I mentioned this previously but I firmly believe this is as strong a squad as we've had since the Barr era, as although it's a relatively small squad it's full of guys who are all technically "first choice" even if they don't make the starting 11.

Our recent starting 11 with the likes of McCowan, Roscoe, Gillespie, Tiffoney & McKenzie on the bench and of course Murdoch, Geggan and Moore to come back from injury looks pretty strong to me and of course we've still got young Ecrepont, although I'm unsure of how he's been progressing recently (saw him at Wrexham and thought he did well).

My main worry would be an injury to Kerr or Kelly as I do think we lack cover in this area and possibly this is where the likes of Tidser could come in ? My other worry would be Hare Reid as due to Doohan he's really never featured and as a result lacks experience but I suppose he wouldn't still be here if he wasn't good enough.

All in all though I'd say we're in a pretty good place as a club just now, certainly in comparison to where we've been in the past 20 years anyway !!!

Edited by WATTOO