The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

2 players who were not getting a game gone , 3 players signed all capable of starting , my that has weakened the team ???? 

I was talking about the squad as opposed to the team and of course potentially losing Forrest was the main driver behind the "weakening" comment.

I agree that losing high earners from the wage bill if they're not going to be playing is a positive and I'd also agree that Gillespie coming in is a plus and potentially getting Tiffoney in for McGuffie could also be a positive, but as it stands right now I wouldn't say we're massively ahead in terms of strengthening.

Of course, if we were to recruit at least another two first team players and not lose anyone (such as Forrest), then I'd be very pleased and agree that it would have been a great window for us.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Rumours were Doolan was one of our top earners. You’d like to think we’d be able to get Tidser and another signed up. 

I'd also imagine getting Tiffoney & Drinan on loan against losing the wages of McGuffie and Adams would be a potential win for the club ??

Although we have added Gillespie of course and also made Houston a permanent signing so I'd imagine this will have cost us.

Edited by WATTOO

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Surely something to come still. Kerr specifically mentioned 'experience' post match last week - so far the only one to fall through that we know of has been the Ipswich lad so has to be something else....

Tidser would still be my guess and God only knows about the defender we all think we need ??

Realistically we've got Roscoe as cover at CH and both Muirhead and Gillespie are capable of playing at RB (with varying rates of success) should the worst happen to JH.

Up top much depends on our formation but we do have options with Drinan, Tiffoney, McKenzie and even Moffat being backed up by Forrest and McCowan.

That really only leaves the midfield where Gillespie would appear to be a replacement for Doc which only really leaves Kerr & Kelly as creative forces unless we play McCowan / Forrest / Moff in the middle ??

Personally I think we need a naturally creative central midfielder but these don't grow on trees, not only at our level but at any level of the game nowadays, so I suppose Kerr & McArdle really do have their work cut out for them.................