The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Fwiw I wasn't having a dig. Just making a wee probably shite joke that whilst we're playing he'll be handling business.

If you go back quite alot of pages you'll see im a massive advocate of data analysis, citing the Brentford model on more than one occasion of a success story on a grand scale.

If you saw what he uses the laptop for you might have a different opinion, the players love  the information it gives them on everything they do in training and during matches 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They asked him where the player was now and he said out on loan, McGuffie was at Raith at the time. 

Ah fair enough. There are a few ex players (and a couple current) who aren’t the biggest fans of McCall. 

14 minutes ago, munro7 said:

I guess I’m in the minority that’s sorry to see McGuffie go. Definitely had something and I was hoping he could get a run of games when Forrest goes.

I know what you are saying, but shows the gaffer is aiming higher, I would say

I’m a bit disappointed he’s going as well. At the start of the season I was worried that we’d have to rely on him too much. In the end up he barely played but when he did looked like a decent enough option.

Shame really. Think a loan would have been better for the club but maybe he’d just had enough.

I guess I’m in the minority that’s sorry to see McGuffie go. Definitely had something and I was hoping he could get a run of games when Forrest goes.
I always hoped he'd get a run. But he's obviously not done enough in training so that's what happens.

Tbf although he never fully became a regular for us he did score the best ever Ayr goal I’ve seen in the flesh and was a part of our first title winning squad in 20 years so he’s made a bigger contribution than most.

Really hope he gets the right club and kicks on.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf although he never fully became a regular for us he did score the best ever Ayr goal I’ve seen in the flesh and was a part of our first title winning squad in 20 years so he’s made a bigger contribution than most.

Really hope he gets the right club and kicks on.

Did you never see David Craig's free kick? We had fans in the Somerset Road End crying!

He did score a screamer up at raith I seem to remember, wasn't a free kick tho.

Yeah I remember that one.

I think there were two goals against Falkirk and I missed both of them. The one I remember missing was the Scottish Cup one but there was another game we absolutely battered them at Somerset.

Those were good goals, but Ryan Stevenson probably has the top five to himself in terms of long range beauties. Stole more than one game with them.

Personally I’d also give a vote to Gary Teale’s mazy run from halfway and tight angled finish against Albion Rovers in the 1999 Scottish cup qf.

12 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I don’t really get the reasoning behind the hate/digs at McArdle.

Go back and read the announcement of him being appointed. His experience, skills and background were somewhat exaggerated. The reality was he was Kerr’s mate rather than a serious contender from within the game. Ultimately Kerr can appoint who he wants and the buck stops with him. They will both be measured by results. Good luck to McArdle as he’s obviously working hard to try and succeed within the game. He may go on to be a great manger by himself but at the time it was a left field appointment to assist someone else with no management experience