The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
1 hour ago, rb123! said:
Scott Burns confirmed Forrest is signing a PCA with Livi, glad tbh he's showing a bit of ambition by signing for a premiership club and it's scary to think but Livi have an outside chance of making Europe.
Also isn't ruled out that Livi won't try and sign Forrest before Friday, that's a bit worrying, think Kerso is going to have a busy final two days. 
Also makes it difficult that we're playing on Friday night hours before the transfer window shuts, good one BBC.

Mick will be in the dugout on his laptop firing our deals, don't worry.

If you saw what he uses the laptop for you might have a different opinion, the players love  the information it gives them on everything they do in training and during matches 

He played his best stuff for us on the left, but allowed to float a bit. His recent games have been central.
If his heads in it then he could easily start for us in the top flight, tbh. His wee cameos this season have been filled with him beating folk for fun and pinging some incredible passes about. Stevie May's goal in Dingwall comes from Swanson knocking a 20 yard pass, with the outside of his foot, through both midfield and defence, perfectly weighted to meet May's cross field run.
Only issue is hes struggled since his best mate was killed in front of him a few years ago, and has admitted as such, and I dont think he really enjoys the game anymore tbh. A move and regular games might do him good.

Jesus Chris I never knew about that last bit. He could probably do with a move to a league where there’s very little media spotlight or chatter about him.

Ryan Stevenson faced the issue of falling out of love with football, although he never experienced the same thing as Swanson, and a spell in the Juniors got his confidence and love back and now he’s back with Stranraer.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jesus Chris I never knew about that last bit. He could probably do with a move to a league where there’s very little media spotlight or chatter about him.

Ryan Stevenson faced the issue of falling out of love with football, although he never experienced the same thing as Swanson, and a spell in the Juniors got his confidence and love back and now he’s back with Stranraer.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/leiths-danny-swanson-reflects-his-time-hearts-and-hibs-he-looks-ahead-life-after-football-699951

He mentions it near the bottom of this article, that moving to Hibs at a similar time to his friends death put huge pressure on him and he stopped enjoying it.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

He's an awfy nice guy and absolutely kens what he's doing. 

Kerr could not do what he is without him , he has brought a real touch of professionalism to the squad , his technical knowledge is second to none 

Kerr could not do what he is without him , he has brought a real touch of professionalism to the squad , his technical knowledge is second to none 
I thought he came over really well in his interview with AU Media if the club is using sports science to get any sort of advantage I'm all for it, since the new management team has came in I think most folk would agree ee are more tactically astute than we were before.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Shocked if Partick don't snap him up.

Surprised his contract was terminated, big call by Kerr.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Think he'll go league 1 or rock up to Partick Thistle, wherever he goes he'll probably turn into a worldie and this will bite us on the arse.

Craig McGuffie will 100% not sign for Ian McCall. 

BTW, I f*cking love Mick McArdle's laptop and any reference I make to it should not be construed as a dig. 

McArdle is basically the manager during the 90 minutes given that Kerr is on the pitch. I think a lot of us were apprehensive that he had no playing career and was never a coach for a first team apart from an interim spell at Falkirk. I noticed that a lot of fans mentioned him on Twitter in their praise so it’s good he’s getting a bit of recognition.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You can't tell them. Fans will continue to shout that all the good players should be on multi year deals and it's incompetence if they aren't. Doesn't matter how often it's pointed out that generally players aren't stupid and won't sign multiple year deals at this level.

Where's Jim McLean when you need him....................

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

7 year deals were the bomb!!!

Yes and who could forget the comedy gold when he decked John Barnes (I think that's who it was) for asking a question he'd warned him not to !!

Aahh, the games certainly worse off without characters such as McLean, Ally, Lambie & Leishman to name but a few..............

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ian Cathro is a good coach as well.

Just a fucking dreadful manager.

Is he a dreadful manager?  With Levein pulling the strings and that all finally coming to a head now I'm not totally sure. 

Is he a dreadful manager?  With Levein pulling the strings and that all finally coming to a head now I'm not totally sure. 

Depends how many of the signings he was responsible for really. Robbie Neilson previously said a lot of the players he wanted he was able to get so I’d imagine Cathro would’ve been responsible for some of the dross that was also picked up. Obviously though I think it got much worse when Levein got the managers job.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with him being a poor manager when he can say he’s an assistant coach in the EPL. One of the best managers in the last 20 years really rated his coaching so I don’t think he should be too arsed with how it went at Hearts considering how much of a shambles they are off the field.

56 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Craig McGuffie will 100% not sign for Ian McCall. 

BTW, I f*cking love Mick McArdle's laptop and any reference I make to it should not be construed as a dig. 

Stevenson had a dig at him on radio Scotland one night, said McCall talked a player in to quitting Uni because he had a real chance at going Pro. 

He said McCall had no interest in the players life, just a short term fix and the thing that annoyed him most was that McCall never even played him. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stevenson had a dig at him on radio Scotland one night, said McCall talked a player in to quitting Uni because he had a real chance at going Pro. 

He said McCall had no interest in the players life, just a short term fix and the thing that annoyed him most was that McCall never even played him. 

I took him as meaning Craig McCracken to be fair.