The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If Doolan leaves I don’t think we’d have to replace him. Drinan, Moff, Moore (when fit) and McKenzie are all ahead of him now. At a push McCowan would probably fill in there if there was no other options.

Hope we get our business sorted out early this week be good to get the new guys in and integrated ASAP, as much as agree Doolan hasn't exactly set the heather on fire there is no doubt he was a fantastic player in day and like Moff, Kerr and Bell the young guys we have coming through will be learning loads just training with these guys, if we can get through this window not loosing anyone i.e Forrest, Doc and Harvie and have added 4 bodies I'd say it's been a very successful January window for us.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I had heard someone from our team maybe Greenock bound. 

Doolan (to get him off the wage bill) or McGuffie on loan to get him game time are the only two I could possibly think of who aren't definite starters but even at that both are generally in or around our matchday squad. Of course this could change with any potential new signings coming in this week. While not starting much recently, Roscoe is still very much part of our team and young Ecrepont needs to remain as cover for DH should anything bad happen to him.

I see Gillespie as a direct replacement for Doc but there's no way I'd be letting Doc leave before the summer as he's been outstanding the last few weeks and is an integral part of the team.

So again, the first two named are the only ones I could think of ???

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s not Doolan I was indicating , good to see who people would like to see go all the same !

I seriously hope it's not a homecoming for McCowan as he appears to have fallen out of favour recently !!!

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

His contract is not up to end of next season 

Yes, I knew that but wondered if Morton were willing to offer cash and obviously he's a Greenock boy.

I still think McCowan is one of our best players but unsure where exactly he fits into Kerr's solid formation although as I said yesterday I hope he'd be recalled for Friday or at worst for the away days to Alloa & Arbroath which are coming up.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hope we get our business sorted out early this week be good to get the new guys in and integrated ASAP

Particularly with one less day to prepare for the next game.

Doolan hasn’t played 90min yet so it is hard to say, in all honesty if he isn’t up to it.
But both McCall and Kerr see him in training and don’t pick him. I can see him maybe playing in a 442 with Moffat and Forest out wide like Saturday.
McGuffie is another player that hasn’t played three games in a row, he is the ideal replacement for Forest or McCowan but when McCowan was suspended he played Moore and changed the shape completely.

I think it is unfair on both players as they are never given a chance but alternatively, no point in keeping them if they aren’t going to play when fit.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Doolan hasn’t played 90min yet so it is hard to say, in all honesty if he isn’t up to it.
But both McCall and Kerr see him in training and don’t pick him. I can see him maybe playing in a 442 with Moffat and Forest out wide like Saturday.
McGuffie is another player that hasn’t played three games in a row, he is the ideal replacement for Forest or McCowan but when McCowan was suspended he played Moore and changed the shape completely.

I think it is unfair on both players as they are never given a chance but alternatively, no point in keeping them if they aren’t going to play when fit.

It actually shows you how far we've come as a club in a relatively short space of time where we don't really have any complete dumplings in our squad.

Yes, Doolan has been disappointing, Ross, Adams & Murdoch were all screwed by serious injuries and McGuffie has perhaps not quite lived up to the early hype and expectations, however all in all we've been doing pretty well with our signings, our loan players and even our so called squad players and youngsters who've all looked pretty decent when given a chance.

Our much maligned defenders have even been excelling in recent weeks and mostly I put that down to our change of formation. They were never bad defenders but our open attacking style of play often left us too open at the back and as a consequence we tended to lose silly goals especially as we played out from the back so much.

I think Kerr's got to be given lots of plaudits for the way he's changed things and I also think our players themselves deserve lots of credit for buying into the changes and executing the game plan almost perfectly over our last three matches.

If I'm being completely honest, then 4 weeks back when I looked at our upcoming fixture list I was expecting a draw at best up at EEP and consecutive humpings from our Highland Bogey teams, but Kerr and the players have proven me and many of our other fans completely wrong and they deserve all the credit going as I'm sure there's certain people would have been lining up to slaughter them had things gone differently...............

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

fixture list I was expecting a draw at best up at EEP and consecutive humpings from our Highland Bogey teams, but Kerr and the players have proven me and many of our other fans completely wrong and they deserve all the credit going as I'm sure there's certain people would have been lining up to slaughter them had things gone differently...............

To be fair, there was probably a collective "awww ffs" when Ross County came out the pot.  Have to admit I was one of them, haven't been in the pessimist camp about Kerr. But, we traditionally don't do well against teams from the highlands. The next bogie fixture is Palmerston. 

Edited by Hawk89

Wonder if it would be a loan or a permanent deal. Obviously been talk of looking beyond this window into next season in terms of recruitment, so wonder if it’s possibly similar to the Houston deal.

He’s seemingly very highly rated and I’m not sure how long his contract runs to so I’d be surprised if it was permanent. It’d take a decent fee with a buy back clause for us to have any chance.

22 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Did one of the directors win the lottery lolScreenshot_2020-01-27-14-29-32.jpeg

He looks like a big athletic boy and is part of the current Irish U21 setup like Drinan.

Could potentially be a great signing.