The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Thanks for the info 😉

don’t doubt he would be a success at a premiership team 

I believe he is close to saying where he will be going , Ayr have given him a good offer , so it’s up to where he sees his career going , been  with us for a whilst now and must be thinking when’s the right time to move on , now whilst his stock is high or take the risk 

I believe he is close to saying where he will be going , Ayr have given him a good offer , so it’s up to where he sees his career going , been  with us for a whilst now and must be thinking when’s the right time to move on , now whilst his stock is high or take the risk 

Was the same for Crawford. Arguably should’ve gone a season earlier and might’ve left with a better reputation amongst the Ayr fans. I still rate him but many don’t.

If we keep Harvie I’ll be happy enough and wish Forrest well.

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

How many years in total has he been with Ayr?

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

He could only be seeing how his team mate gets on but I notice Ipswich CB Corrie Ndaba is following the club on Twitter. However he also follows Dundee who were linked with him earlier this month so it might mean nothing.

Good spot mate. Some more rumour fuel.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we keep Harvie I’ll be happy enough and wish Forrest well.

I doubt Harvie will stay.

Forrest is a bit different as he is a one club man and has been in the team for about 7 years or so. Hence the chance his heart overrules his head.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is his 7th season. I can still remember him when he was 16 and his jersey was about hitting his knees.

Wow so he is technically only 3 years away from a testimonial- that could be a factor in him staying or even going to someone like Livi and then come back to Somerset in a few years. A testimonial doesn’t need to be 10 years continuous- or at least that was what we did with Archibald 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s a tweet from last week from an Ipswich account that said you were after him.

I've been catching up with this. 10 days is a fair amount of time in this window though. Maybe it fell through and you guys are showing interest, hence the follow?

Wow so he is technically only 3 years away from a testimonial- that could be a factor in him staying or even going to someone like Livi and then come back to Somerset in a few years. A testimonial doesn’t need to be 10 years continuous- or at least that was what we did with Archibald 

Aye he came through probably at our worst period in recent history and then played a part in probably our best period in recent history.

McCall has definitely brought him on both physically and technically but he was always harder on him compared to other players. Probably because he knew how good he could be but apparently Forrest wasn’t a huge fan. I guess we’ll find out if he rocks up at Partick or not.

I've been catching up with this. 10 days is a fair amount of time in this window though. Maybe it fell through and you guys are showing interest, hence the follow?

We brought Aaron Drinan in on loan from Ipswich and had another boy in on trial as well who I think could still sign depending on what happens with other targets. I think Lambert sees a chance to get his youngsters into the Scottish leagues hence why Ndaba is being looked at.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we announced him tomorrow tbh.

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

You offered decent money , he does not see eye to eye with your gaffer and I can guarantee he is not signing with Thistle , and it was not me who stated he was going as I have known for a long time he was not going Thistle , I always said he was destined for a Premiership team 

Without stirring too much, he did go to McCalls leaving night so maybe not as much as everyone who knows thinks. 

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is there an "imminent" imminent ???

Santa Kerr promised us a midfielder or two !!!!

Stenny took a page out of the Ayr United "Imminent" book yesterday. Took them 4 hours to announce firstly that Alan Cook had left then their new signing. I miss the afternoon long sessions of refreshing twitter ever 2 minutes. 

11 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Stenny took a page out of the Ayr United "Imminent" book yesterday. Took them 4 hours to announce firstly that Alan Cook had left then their new signing. I miss the afternoon long sessions of refreshing twitter ever 2 minutes. 

Yes, you can't beat the nerve jangling excitement !!!