The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm just throwing this out there, however with our change of style and playing personnel, are we perhaps writing Doolan off too early ??

I agree that it didn't work with our Moff, McCowan, Forrest three pronged fast flowing attacking game, however with a more compact shape and with Drinan hassling defenders, could there still be a place for Doolan ??

Let's be honest, he received little service in the games he did play and found it hard to get involved due to the style of our play, however I do think he could still have a part to play especially with Moore out injured again and of course he seems to be the type who can bring on young players etc which could be worth a lot with Drinan's continuing development ???

I'm just throwing this out there, however with our change of style and playing personnel, are we perhaps writing Doolan off too early ??
I agree that it didn't work with our Moff, McCowan, Forrest three pronged fast flowing attacking game, however with a more compact shape and with Drinan hassling defenders, could there still be a place for Doolan ??
Let's be honest, he received little service in the games he did play and found it hard to get involved due to the style of our play, however I do think he could still have a part to play especially with Moore out injured again and of course he seems to be the type who can bring on young players etc which could be worth a lot with Drinan's continuing development ???

Could be worth a shot playing next to Drinan and feeding off knock downs and flick ons. We’re going to be stuck with him until the summer so we might as well try and get some use out of him rather than just leaving him on the bench.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Could be worth a shot playing next to Drinan and feeding off knock downs and flick ons. We’re going to be stuck with him until the summer so we might as well try and get some use out of him rather than just leaving him on the bench.

Yes, this was exactly what I was thinking.

His attitude has remained good (as far as I'm aware) and he's supposed to be a good professional and well liked guy in the dressing room, so not all bad if he stays around.

30 minutes ago, Murphster said:

Plastic Whistle signing Brian Graham, another good signing for them albeit he did eff all against us last Saturday.....

Yes and although everyone seems to be touting Rudden as a superstar it still remains to be seen whether or not he'll produce the goods. He did have a good season at Falkirk despite their relegation, however he didn't exactly set the heather alight down at Plymouth.

Funnily enough I remember similar levels of "fear" / "admiration" for Kane Hemmings when he signed for Dundee and let's face it he's not exactly been striking fear into ANYONE in this league since his return............

"" Probably a month or so ago the fans thought there was a chance we could lose Jordan and Stephen Kelly in January however both of them are loving their time here and wanted to stay."

Doesn't look like any chance of losing Kelly then. 2  year contract for Houston, surely must mean 2/12

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m happy with that. I’ll be even happier if it’s a two and a half year deal.

Think we still need 2 or 3 more to come in with the priority in midfield. Hopefully something is announced tomorrow.

I would imagine it’s 2 and a half years, wouldn’t make sense being contracted to January 2022. 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I would imagine it’s 2 and a half years, wouldn’t make sense being contracted to January 2022. 

Yeah, I'd imagine you are right.

Pretty pleased about this, hopefully more to come tomorrow - 2 central midfielders and another centre half required for me.