The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I thought I was the only one looking at it that way! Glass half empty...

At least there's a good wad of teams in between us. Surely to f**k they can't all overtake us?

No just genuinely surprised that there’s only 10 points between us!

I can also see killie getting relegated(well I tell my Killie supporting friend that) we could be playing in the same league next year and they have the same gap

In the last few posts McCall has been blamed for a) not talking the club up enough, and b) talking our players up too much.

We need to get over this.

Saying that Craig McGuffie is like a Brazilian international in training doesn’t do him any favours. I think he’s decent mostly but the way McCall described him he should’ve been doing far more which in imo led fans to have higher expectations of him.

On a side note I wouldn’t blame him if he left of his own choice. He’s now 3rd choice and McCowan has overtaken him in less than a year.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Holt in the papers saying that he's 'hopeful' of securing Forrest on a PCA imminently. Also talked about bringing him in this window too

To be honest, I’d be happy enough with that. He’s not been great for months now and if we were to get a fee and have a replacement lined up, I’d take it. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wonder why Kerr is looking for a wide player in this window? Is he preparing for Forrest to leave or is he wanting to switch things around a bit in terms of shape?

Would’ve thought it was the last area we needed strengthening right now.

Forrest away at end of season though , so why not get someone in now and get ready for next season , if that person is available now get him before someone else ?

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Forrest away at end of season though , so why not get someone in now and get ready for next season , if that person is available now get him before someone else ?

Did Kerr not just say that he hadn't given up hope in retaining both Forrest & Harvie ? Long shot I know.....

Edited by WATTOO

I wonder why Kerr is looking for a wide player in this window? Is he preparing for Forrest to leave or is he wanting to switch things around a bit in terms of shape?

Would’ve thought it was the last area we needed strengthening right now.

I don't think he likes McGuffie

Perhaps he's loan bound?

How can arbroath afford to pay Craig wighton wages?

McPake claims that Hearts only wanted all his wages paid when Dundee approached because they were a bigger club and could afford to do so. They’ve likely lowered the amount for Arbroath because they know they can’t afford him.

28 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Jordan Houston set to sign a permanent move to Ayr. A buy-back option will be available to Rangers. (Daily Record) 

Would be good if it is a 2 and a half year deal, we’ve given out a few 2 year deals so the rest of this season should be a given. 

6 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

How can arbroath afford to pay Craig wighton wages?

I think it may be a gamble from a director paying his wages themself. We done it with Shankland, Peterhead and Brechin done it with McCallister. Maybe a good bid to avoid the bottom 2 places.