The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t think Kerr would make a player playing in the Premiership go through a reserve game. He’ll want him in for training to see how fit he is and how he mixes with the other players.

Can see Houston hopefully being confirmed tomorrow.

54 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

In regards to Forrest do we not have to offer him a contract to get any kind of development fee if he leaves at the end of his contract if we don't offer a contract we are not entitled to anything? Harvie might be different because he came from Aberdeen, got to be honest it makes a change at least making an effort to keep out best players instead of McCall's rhetoric of these boys can do better that Ayr.

Forrest is too old for compensation. We better offer Harvie a contract before the deadline though and I’m hopeful Kerr will. If it was McCall still here it would be “ach I cannae stand in the boy’s way”.

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think Kerr would make a player playing in the Premiership go through a reserve game. He’ll want him in for training to see how fit he is and how he mixes with the other players.

Can see Houston hopefully being confirmed tomorrow.

No trialist in tonight’s starting 11

3 first team squad players McKenzie, McGuffie and McCowan    

one sided game so far 5-0 up at half time 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, callum-ayr said:

I see Kevin O’Hara scored a double for Alloa tonight. Seems to be having a decent season and has something about him. Wonder what his contract situation is, could be someone we could look at, especially on a PCA. 

Also hates Dean Shiels so that’s an added bonus. 

I see Kevin O’Hara scored a double for Alloa tonight. Seems to be having a decent season and has something about him. Wonder what his contract situation is, could be someone we could look at, especially on a PCA. 

Would’ve played with Kerr at Falkirk as well.

With Forrest and Harvey we are now looking to keep them because they are good players rather than a potential sell-on. We have to get better at making money off players we develop though. 

That's not easy to do.

You have to commit to players financially, and that involves a big risk for a club in our position. Murdoch and Moore getting serious injuries show how quickly these big commitments can go wrong.

And that's not even mentioning a lack of form, or things just not working out, which can also happen.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's not easy to do.

You have to commit to players financially, and that involves a big risk for a club in our position. Murdoch and Moore getting serious injuries show how quickly these big commitments can go wrong.

And that's not even mentioning a lack of form, or things just not working out, which can also happen.

Other clubs manage it though, Conway was probably the last player we got money for when he moved as an under 21 and it went to a tribunal, He is now 34

43 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Have you seen how tight the league is now? 4 points cover 6 teams! 😮

Screenshot_20200121-231041_Chrome.jpg

Other clubs manage it though, Conway was probably the last player we got money for when he moved as an under 21 and it went to a tribunal, He is now 34
Yeah, sometimes they do. But lots of times they don't, and go into financial troublle that we (so far) have managed to avoid.

Other cubs will also be looking at us and wishing they could bring on youngsters like we do, or that they could unearth a shankland-shaped gem like we did.

Basically I agree with you, it's very frustrating that we've not made some significant profit from these players. But there are reasons for it, and it's not easy.

I wonder why Kerr is looking for a wide player in this window? Is he preparing for Forrest to leave or is he wanting to switch things around a bit in terms of shape?

Would’ve thought it was the last area we needed strengthening right now.

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mind we got Dundee to pay money for Andy Ferguson

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wonder why Kerr is looking for a wide player in this window? Is he preparing for Forrest to leave or is he wanting to switch things around a bit in terms of shape?

Would’ve thought it was the last area we needed strengthening right now.

I don't think he likes McGuffie