The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

County never created anything all match. I said (possibly on the match thread) that bringing on the extra striker wasn’t the answer to their problem. They never had anyone on the pitch to actually create or play that killer ball. By matching them 3 for 3, we killed off their attack’s. 

I thought County had 2 good chances tbh.

One first half before we scored where Erwin ended up clean through (from a high ball) and Doohan saved well.

The second one where McKay headed wide it was from quite a distance (it was inside the box) but still scary.

County never created anything all match. I said (possibly on the match thread) that bringing on the extra striker wasn’t the answer to their problem. They never had anyone on the pitch to actually create or play that killer ball. By matching them 3 for 3, we killed off their attack’s. 

Cheers, this saves me replying!

They were punting high balls, so if we were outnumbered at the back we would have been fucked as they were completely bypassing our midfield. We soaked up any pressure incredibly well.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We're through too the next round with a potential money spinner .or at least a cracking day out .who really cares if we brought roscoe on with 30 too go .well done kerr finally a manager who can beat county .now same again next week.

Agreed due one against ICT.

Hearts or Hibs away for me great day out in Edinburgh please.

Thought County were a bit lethargic today, defended well but struggled to pass the ball about. Ayr had the better of the first half without creating much. Second half, they went three up front and we dropped out the game a bit, the switch to five at the back restricted County and ourselves. It kind of put Forrest in a strange semi-midfield role that I am not sure even he understood. We are through and never looked like losing the game and on the balance of play we probably deserved the win. 

The defence had a couple of shaky spells but were largely ok, Kerr, apart from one slack pass was running the game, Kelly and Doc were supporting the front two well and Moffat linked well with a new forward.

Drinan looks like a positive addition to the team, was lively, won high balls and made a nuisance of himself. He lacked a bit of composure in front of goal but hopefully the players round about him will benefit from playing beside something different, he looks a bit of a handful.  

See Falkirk have signed Josh Todd so that rules out the possibilty of us getting him, however it opens the door to possibly getting either Ian McShane or Michael Tidser from them on an 18 month deal perhaps??

Ian McShane started for them today whereas Tidser was on the bench for 90 minutes, if it was either i would say it's probably more likely to be Tidser.

Will be interesting to see what happens with regards to Andy Murdoch for next season, difficult to offer him a new contract when he's injured as the comebacks from ACL injuries can vary, at the same time we don't want to lose him to a rival. Would also hope he'd maybe want to repay us for another year at least since he'll be getting a whole seasons wage without playing i would have thought.

Yes and if they had scored, Kerr would’ve been criticised for playing far too deep. However, we won so well done but it was a real gamble

Oaft - they never had a chance, never mind got close to a goal. Allowing a team to play 3 (two of which were huge) against our 2 centre backs would have been far more of a gamble.

Kerr (or McArdle) knew exactly what he was doing sticking Roscoe on the pitch. Ross County had zero creativity coming from midfield but playing 3 strikers against 2 centre backs would’ve seen them back into it. Sitting deep and restricting them to the odd ball into the box was the right way to go. For all Muirheads faults he showed he’s a pretty decent penalty box defender and attacked every ball that came his way. Same goes for Roscoe and Bell.

I don’t think it was as big a gamble as some are making out.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Oaft - they never had a chance, never mind got close to a goal. Allowing a team to play 3 (two of which were huge) against our 2 centre backs would have been far more of a gamble.

Just watching  Sportscene and they missed a clear one on one at the beginning, but that's about it for clear chances.

For goodness sake we don’t half have a glass half empty lot on here, that was a tactical masterclass from Kerr which McCall could never do against the northerners an overall brilliant team performance each player clearly showing the desire to win for Kerr what else do you want from,our limited resources