The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Drinan was getting slated on radio scotland today,was he that bad? That apart,I fair enjoyed listening from a sun lounger in Mexico emoji41.png

He left the field to a standing ovation so Radio Scotland talking shite 

I'll wait until after the Inverness game next week before I make a judgement on that but things are looking like they're improving and he's beginning to get his message across.

Good thing is we seem to be starting to win ugly, which we never done under McCall.
He seems to have organised our defence.

The Dundee United game was an outlier because of the penalty, red card, and ridiculous offside against Moore when clean through.

Apparently we weren't brilliant at Dunfermline or today - but two clean sheets. Strong foundations hopefully.

Not a single failure today against a slick premier team well done everyone, and looks like Kerr has unearthed a good big target man with a turn of pace as well, think he’ll frighten a few centre half’s in this league.

As I said no failures today but the boy Houston was outstanding and signed up think he’s gonna turn into a good one. Two more to come in I heard hope ones a big no nonsense centre back and another midfielder to take over from the gaffer I’m hearing the boy McShane.

He left the field to a standing ovation so Radio Scotland talking shite 

He gave us an option in behind, held the ball up well and showed some really nice touches. Fluffed one chance which was his only mistake all game. Excellent debut, caused County lots of issues.

He seems to have organised our defence.

The Dundee United game was an outlier because of the penalty, red card, and ridiculous offside against Moore when clean through.

Apparently we weren't brilliant at Dunfermline or today - but two clean sheets. Strong foundations hopefully.

I thought we were very good today and outplayed a team in the league above us. Played some nice football at times but changed things up with a bit of pace in behind - it’s very difficult to play the type of football we do the entire way through a season. We managed the game really well too!

Not a single failure today against a slick premier team well done everyone, and looks like Kerr has unearthed a good big target man with a turn of pace as well, think he’ll frighten a few centre half’s in this league.
As I said no failures today but the boy Houston was outstanding and signed up think he’s gonna turn into a good one. Two more to come in I heard hope ones a big no nonsense centre back and another midfielder to take over from the gaffer I’m hearing the boy McShane.
Heard that Houston has signed up as well 18 month contract.

It was good to win that today but the tactics for the last 30 mins were questionable. We were on top and opted to sub a striker for a defender and then defend on our 6 yard line. I could get that with 10 mins to go but not 30! Shades of Brian Reid tbh.

That being said, still a day of positives:

We actually beat Highland hammer throwers for the first time in a long time. Let's make it two in a row next week.

Team turned in a very good performance.

Drinan looks like a good find, he gives us a good out ball, he can bring it down, head it on and has some pace about him. Too early to say whether he can finish.