The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not counting goalkeepers, since you excluded them yourself, Dorrans could easily play that level. I would think the likes of Liam Smith, Kevin Holt and Daniel Harvie could. Your own Luke McCowan seems to be regarded as a prospect. Allan Forrest? A fully fit Joe Thomson could do so easily. Personally I think Dom Thomas could too. Greg Kiltie could (he's not here now but he was until a fortnight ago). Kevin Nisbet maybe. I think Dundee United will have a few midfielders who could play regularly. I actually think Nicky Clark would do fine though he's currently injured. Aaron Doran. Stephen Dobbie played above that level all his career and certainly up to the end of last season would easily have coped though he hasn't been quite at those heights this season. Personally I think Darren Brownlie could do so ( I may be biased). There will be others, it's not meant to be exhaustive, and some players will not fit some places in some systems where others might. English defenders tend to be bigger, particularly at full back so not convinced the likes of Jordan Marshall would be coveted.

It is a better level down there but not a different world.

That's just your opinion though. The truth is for each individual player you just don't know. 

To be honest I thought you'd have Holt playing for a Champions League team. 😉

Wonder if we could nab Blair Alston on loan from Hamilton, he's been out injured the last couple of months with a knee injury so will probably need time away to get back up to speed.

Hamilton might not be willing to lose another midfielder though after losing McKinnon.

Unless Sibbald deal is back on.

Did anyone see the size of Stevo on reporting Scotland tonight?

Yeah he looked bigger than he did when he came back to us. Feel sorry for the guy as he’s clearly been through some shit in the last few years.

Did anyone see the size of Stevo on reporting Scotland tonight?

Watched him at Troon a couple of times this season. He's clearly being going absolutely mental at the gym. Not done him any favours at all, they played him as a centre forward and he could barely move. Really quiet on the pitch too which surprised me.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

That's just your opinion though. The truth is for each individual player you just don't know. 

To be honest I thought you'd have Holt playing for a Champions League team. 😉

Well, yes, it's all conjecture obviously. However the notion that the English League One is so wonderful that a current Scotland international is the ONLY player at this level who could be "comfortable" there is plainly daft. It's just really not that great. I would think think most clubs here have 2 or 3 players who could be regulars for someone down in English League One.

And Holt is a decent level left back, as good as any at this level, including Harvie, though the latter is younger and may get better. He was a regular in the Premier League with Dundee for three years and I'm pretty confident he could find a home in the English League One if he really wanted to. Bob Harris played down there at that level for years and Holt is at least as good as him. 😉

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if we could nab Blair Alston on loan from Hamilton, he's been out injured the last couple of months with a knee injury so will probably need time away to get back up to speed.

Hamilton might not be willing to lose another midfielder though after losing McKinnon.

Unless Sibbald deal is back on.

Hes quite a high earner at Hamilton so I doubt theyll let him go without his entire wage being taken on.

7 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Robbo, first home game of the season for me tomorrow. Trying to buy tickets online.  Can’t seem to add tickets to basket, tried on desktop.  Am I being a bit thick? Do I need to log in at the account log in section?

Got it sorted via the mobile 

17 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Robbo, first home game of the season for me tomorrow. Trying to buy tickets online.  Can’t seem to add tickets to basket, tried on desktop.  Am I being a bit thick? Do I need to log in at the account log in section?

Sent you a pm on how to get your ticket online 

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Got too take your hat off too robbo63 I think he has helped every person on this through the ticket issues .every week same old questions .😂

🤫🤫🤫🤫 don’t get them started going on about tickets again 😂😂