The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Could we see Moffat leave in January?  Something has been amiss with him lately.  Struggling to see the point of bringing in another striker, though i can only hope it means we’re getting Doolan off the wage bill.  

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Never understood this argument. As much as we need quality, we also need depth. An extra body at or close to a similar level could be vital later in the season.

Both guys both played same position , only 1 needed , we took the one who showed up the best 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Take out Skeock he is out on loan , Murphy now plays wide left Mid , Moffat classes as a midfielder now ,  Doolan very limited game time recently, I believe we did need the Ipswich  signing for cover ( going by training he is ready to play )  

The write up I posted earlier looked quite encouraging. It appears he's quite physical and has presence which is something we've been missing.

Anyway if McGavin wasn’t that great there’s really no point signing him. I get the feeling that’s what we did with Miller last year and only signed him as an extra body.

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is the last week of the month when it’s going to be a mad dash for teams bringing players in.

Anyway if McGavin wasn’t that great there’s really no point signing him. I get the feeling that’s what we did with Miller last year and only signed him as an extra body.

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is the last week of the month when it’s going to be a mad dash for teams bringing players in.
Sounds like we are genuinely doing due diligence on players. Have we ever trialled loan players or is this the first time? Genuinely not something I've heard of us doing before.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not really. League One clubs aren't generally bringing boys from abroad in so fundamentally they are just working with bigger budgets for the same population base they always had. The average wages go up but it doesn't mean the player quality directly does. England has a population 10 times the size of Scotland (give or take). It's going to have a lot of better players and a lot of better young players. It also has a lot more clubs to share them around. The boys from Ipswich's 3rd squad might be good, they might not. You can't assume they will be because they play (or more accurately, don't play) for Ipswich.

But you'd like to think a youth academy funded to the tune of £2m a year would produce talented players. 

Ipswich have a fine record at producing talented home grown players. Hopefully that is the case with Drinan, though no guarantees. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
12 minutes ago, D said:

Sounds like we are genuinely doing due diligence on players. Have we ever trialled loan players or is this the first time? Genuinely not something I've heard of us doing before.

One thing Kerr and McArdle do very well is analyse what qualities they need and what type of player can give them  , 

Edited by Robbo63

Guy on the SRE website forum (not the FB page) saying we’ve agreed to get Houston on a permanent deal. Not sure how long but I’d imagine until the end of next season.
Forgot that was a thing, the honest page back in the day lol

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Guy on the SRE website forum (not the FB page) saying we’ve agreed to get Houston on a permanent deal. Not sure how long but I’d imagine until the end of next season.

Hadn’t been on that forum in years until now.

Says it’s agreed with Rangers but it’s up to Houston now. Also hints that a midfielder is close.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Says it’s agreed with Rangers but it’s up to Houston now. Also hints that a midfielder is close.

Bigmac is normally a reliable source , he is never far off  the truth 

21 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Spoke to Houston’s dad last week and he said Jordon loves it at Ayr , well looked after with a good dressing room and enjoying the training and game time 

24 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Just saw from the preview that Moore is injured...based on his track record that maybe explains the signing of a striker...

Still carrying a slight injury from Dunfermline match , better getting him 100% for next weeks league game 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

But you'd like to think a youth academy funded to the tune of £2m a year would produce talented players. 

Ipswich have a fine record at producing talented home grown players. Hopefully that is the case with Drinan, though no guarantees. 

You mean like the captain of Chelseas youth team who excelled at Falkirk last season?