The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Thats what fans do

I worked out, last year I put over £1400 in to the club, through season tickets, cup tickets, replica kit, 500 club, clothing from the shop. That is money I will never see back and I didn't spend it expecting a return. 

I am sure I am not even in the highest 10% of fans spending when you take in players sponsorship or the supporters club membership, car park pass etc. All money put in to the club based on love and enjoyment with no equity in return. Even before you take in to account away games, programs, food etc. 

I spent more last year because I bought in to what the club was doing, towards the end of the season, with the reality of losing Shankland and Rose, we find out that the budget is less than last years, so regardless of season ticket sales or shirt sales, we will have a lower standard squad. I am sure this had McCalls mind made up in the summer about his future.

There is no incentive from the club to make people part with their cash if that is not reflected in the team, we lost five guaranteed first team starters in the summer and signed two, Roscoe and Doolan. 

Last season proved that a bit of excitement and forward thinking would get fans investing more and the more they invest, the less the board will need to. But to generate that excitement and momentum, there is only one way and it is backing from the board. 

This.

The reality is we're just drifting in the Championship Ocean and nothing's changing until there's a change in the majority shareholding. We work to a budget and that's it. We'll have ups and downs no doubt about it. 

Season after season players will leave, players will arrive, players will leave and players will arrive. 

In the meantime the fan base is expected just to keep turning up. That's not just exclusive to us, the majority of clubs will be ran in exactly the same manner. 

Nothing changes. We've had similar posts over the various fans sites over the years and nothing changes. 

Its a case of put up or shut up sadly. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Ahhhhh, haha we'll just have a team of loanees then

I think that’s the rule anyway. Might be wrong but you can definitely only get 4 domestic loans and only 2 from the same team unless they are in the same league as you in which case it’s only 1.

This.
The reality is we're just drifting in the Championship Ocean and nothing's changing until there's a change in the majority shareholding. We work to a budget and that's it. We'll have ups and downs no doubt about it. 
Season after season players will leave, players will arrive, players will leave and players will arrive. 
In the meantime the fan base is expected just to keep turning up. That's not just exclusive to us, the majority of clubs will be ran in exactly the same manner. 
Nothing changes. We've had similar posts over the various fans sites over the years and nothing changes. 
Its a case of put up or shut up sadly. 
That's Scottish football though, and if you don't want to support them team, you're free to make that choice.

But the club has to live within its means. I thought that was generally accepted.

The idea that we need X amount of investment from the shareholders otherwise fans won't be bothered seems a strange one to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand the point, I just don't agree with it. Cameron has already put a fair whack into the club over the years.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's Scottish football though, and if you don't want to support them team, you're free to make that choice.

But the club has to live within its means. I thought that was generally accepted.

The idea that we need X amount of investment from the shareholders otherwise fans won't be bothered seems a strange one to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand the point, I just don't agree with it. Cameron has already put a fair whack into the club over the years.

But for me that's the problem, how do you stop people season after season drifting away? Just saying that's the way it is surely cannot be the answer? 

I've stated on here repeatedly we have to live within our means and within a budget, it doesn't however have to mean that the club can't be pro active and creative in trying to get lapsed fans back. 

More people back surely means a bigger budget? 

The two arent mutually exclusive. 

Edited by BukyOHare

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah I’m sure 4 domestic loans is the maximum. 

I think as Djaffo said earlier ,  it’s 4 from Scotland but can be as many from outwith Scotland , rule 60 states no limit on players from outside Scotland but the players outwith Scotland require international clearance to play , so we can take the 2 guys from Ipswich and still have 1 place available for a player currently playing in Scotland 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

I think as Djaffo said earlier ,  it’s 4 from Scotland but can be as many from outwith Scotland , rule 60 states no limit on players from outside Scotland but the players outwith Scotland require international clearance to play 

Yeah that’s what I meant, 4 domestic loans are maximum then “foreign” loans only after. 

I suppose this way Kerr can get some idea of them as players as well as off the park. He spoke in the programme for the QoS game last month about getting loans from England. Was basically saying it’s more of a gamble as they can end up not being the right type of player (Ruddy).

6 hours ago, Hursty said:

Genuine question but what loans have been disasters? I can hardly think of any in recent years...Jordan Preston would go down as a success based on goals return, can remember 2 boys from Blackpool being decent enough although we did get relegated, and vaguely remember a young Welsh striker from Cardiff or something a couple of years ago who was definitely a disaster as he played about 2 games then got punted back swiftly 

Jamie Thomas from Burnley - Played with his hair more than the ball

Frank Ross from Aberdeen - Injured

Jack Ruddy from Wolves - Scuddy

Scott McKenna from Aberdeen - A bit meh

Morgyn Neil from Motherwell - Boak

Dale Keenan from Partick - Who?

Kyle McAusland from Rangers - Jebus Crikey

Sean Higgins from St Johnstone - Injured

Paul Willis from Dunfermline - Wowzers

Ryan Baldacchino from Gretna - Grr

Paul McLeod from Hamilton - Forgot about this one

Scott Fox from Celtic - Didnt even last a day