The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

He would be a very good signing for Kilmarnock where both parties would benefit, anything other than a move upto Premiership level would be a waste of time for him. He's got the potential to keep kicking on and the ability to hold his own in that league. 

I think he would be worth a punt. Where does he play mainly? Left/right/centre? 

Maybe a PCA, small fee and we could throw a youngster your way till end of season..

I think he would be worth a punt. Where does he play mainly? Left/right/centre? 
Maybe a PCA, small fee and we could throw a youngster your way till end of season..

Better on the left but I reckon he could do a job as a number 10.

I think the other Killie fan was at the wind up tbh.

Forrest has shown nothing to suggest he’s going enough for the premiership. I think he’s slightly over rated by Ayr fans due to him coming through the Academy. 

I’ll admit he’s had about 3 good games since McCall left and they’ve been against part timers. No doubt he started the season well but I think McCowan has been consistently better.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Forrest has shown nothing to suggest he’s going enough for the premiership. I think he’s slightly over rated by Ayr fans due to him coming through the Academy. 

If Crawford can play in the premier league so can Forrest.

38 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

then it's time for mcguuffie too step up .boys got loads of talent all he needs is too have a run of games in the 1st team .rant over .

Every chance we could still be saying that about him in a couple of years.  Dunno what the issue is with him but it can't all be down to injury.

On home attendances, the last 5 seasons average:

19/20 - Championship - 1,852 

18/19 - Championship - 2,157

17/18 - League One - 1,533

16/17 - Championship - 1,866

15/16 - League One - 1,297

These figures are taken from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/.

I'm surprised at how flat 16/17 is compared to now. We obviously got a bump last year in the first half because of how we were playing. Also shows how much of a killer it is dropping into League One.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

On home attendances, the last 5 seasons average:

I'm surprised at how flat 16/17 is compared to now. We obviously got a bump last year in the first half because of how we were playing. Also shows how much of a killer it is dropping into League One.

Best football for years last season and still only about 300 more than the season we were relegated ,our days of slightly  over 2000 fans has long gone , can’t say it’s down to how we are playing as last season proves 

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Best football for years last season and still only about 300 more than the season we were relegated ,our days of slightly  over 2000 fans has long gone , can’t say it’s down to how we are playing as last season proves 

It's not just one factor. I suppose its a combination of people having other priorities be it family or work commitments, moving away from the area, altogether losing the actual habit of going to games and choosing to do other things with their spare time, the actual cost of attending games (not just the excessive entrance fees but food, travelling costs, it all adds up) . 

Its a combination of these things and probably more. 

Falling attendances was something that needed arresting 20, 30 or 40 years ago and for a variety of reasons not enough was done, at all levels of the senior game and by provincial clubs like us trying to buck the trend. 

How do you even begin to change people's habits who haven't been to games for that long to come back?

Genuinely interested if it's thought to be even possible. I can't say I've noticed an effort by the club, and whilst appreciating there isn't staff sitting about waiting on a project to take on in order to make efforts to genuinely and consistently grow attendances.

Just waiting for the first visionary who mentions a billboard at the Whitletts roundabout. 😏😏

Edited by BukyOHare

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Think if we had an owner who was wanting to invest and showing signs to get us to the premiership i think that would be a good starting point.

Think if we had an owner who was wanting to invest and showing signs to get us to the premiership i think that would be a good starting point.
I've never been a fan of the owner but I disagree with that as realistically we are not a big enough team to be thinking of the premiership we need to concentrate on solidating ourself as a championship team before even thinking that far forward.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

I'm starting to worry that a new owner is a bit of a pipe dream tbh. The club has been for sale for a number of years and surely last season would have been peak interest from the point of view of a new owner and there wasn't even a whisper of any interest (admittedly these things are conducted in private).

Just now, rb123! said:

No chance with him having the club up for sale  for 3 years and no sound offers been made , the last 2 bidders went bankrupt within a year of offers , good job Cameron done due diligence checks or we potentially could playing 2nd division or folded by now ,if we can stay championship for at least another season someone might see our potential and invest at the moment nobody wants a yo yo team IMO 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

It's not just one factor. I suppose its a combination of people having other priorities be it family or work commitments, moving away from the area, altogether losing the actual habit of going to games and choosing to do other things with their spare time, the actual cost of attending games (not just the excessive entrance fees but food, travelling costs, it all adds up) . 

Its a combination of these things and probably more. 

Falling attendances was something that needed arresting 20, 30 or 40 years ago and for a variety of reasons not enough was done, at all levels of the senior game and for provincial clubs like us. 

How do you even begin to change people's habits who haven't been to games for that long to come back?

Genuinely interested if it's thought to be even possible. I can't say I've noticed an effort by the club, and whilst appreciating there isn't staff sitting about waiting on a project to take on in order to make efforts to genuinely and consistently grow attendances.

Just waiting for the first visionary who mentions a billboard at the Whitletts roundabout. 😏😏

The bit in bold is important, we were so bad for so long and then even when we were good you would get a shitshow around Christmas where people traditionally do break the habit.  

22 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The old firm don't help even the one's who stay at home and watch on the TV

Most grounds in this league are too overpriced for the calibre of football.

The fact that we played big games last season on friday night's on council TV.

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Using your last post, how would you define investing? 

I'm guessing footing the bill for an attractive product on the park and relative success / over achieving, then in return get more people through the gate? Now like it or not, the first parts are happening and has been happening for the best part of three seasons, the second part sadly isn't. 

I'm definitely not a club apologist but sometimes you have to try and bring some sanity to the party. 

I'll try:

Why don't the club run a chosen fixture where every season ticket holder / au500 / lottery member is allowed to bring one, two or three other people to the game and then get a local business to put up a prize in a raffle draw for those in attendance. 

Try it, try anything, just try. 

Edited by BukyOHare

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The bit in bold is important, we were so bad for so long and then even when we were good you would get a shitshow around Christmas where people traditionally do break the habit.  

Yeah, we also have a habit of turning in dire performances when the crowd does turn out. That League One play off final against Stranraer is a good example. 4,500 fans and we were brutal.